Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Gold

Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Gold

4.4

on 7/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous highlighter, aptly named and wonderfully buttery to the touch. It goes to show how drugstore brands have really upped their game and Maybelline is my favourite brand for all drugstore items (except for maybe mascara, #lashparadise4eva! All that being said, this highlighter barely shows up on my skin. :( It ends up looking like chunks of glitter! But I really don't think it's the product's fault since I've seen how wonderful it looks on darker skin. I'm Indian but a bit lighter than my Indian peers and my own skin is best described as a very light mocha, or deep olive tan (according to a gal at Sephora). I think that the product's pigments resemble my skintone too closely that only the glitter sort of shows up! So, for now, I'm back to using the pale highlighter in my Elf pallette which is great too. I will however keep the Masterchrome and use it wet on my eyelids for an extra evening look. :D

on 5/19/2018 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This baby is BEAUTIFUL !!! It’s very smiliar to the Milani Strobe Light Powder. Like this is sooo comparable to something you would find in Sephora or Macy’s. It’s that good y’all !! I’m have tan Indian skin with lots of yellow undertones. I really love the shade because some highlighters tend to look too yellowish on me with the golden color. it looks so rich and deep. This applies beautiful and wonderfully on its own but to kick it up a notch and make it SUPER creamy I first mist my brush with Hard Candy Hydrating Primer Mist and OMG you guys The finish is just soooooo adorable! It blends like a dream and doesn’t look cakey patchy nor streaky. It just MELTS into the skin and glides over my pores and acne prone skin with indented scars. This also wore from 10 AM to 7 PM for me in 85 degree weather! Just love it and also love the price tag as well. LOVE! Also to add this doesn’t have ANY glitter at all. It’s just metallic and creamy!

on 4/28/2018 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after hearing so many raging reviews from youtubers and the beauty community alike. But this highlighter is quite chunky in that the glitter pigments are not very finely milled. It is not a subtle highlight and because the glitter is quite chunky, it does come off quite patchy. The packaging is sturdy but I almost break a nail every single time I buy it. The price point is alright because you do get quite a decent amount of product and I got it at half price but all in all: it's a good highlighter that I would recommend only to those who want a glittery blinding highlight.

on 2/23/2018 6:46:00 PM

I love highlighters. I think us (mostly girls) get crazy about highlighters and glitters :) since JK. I have Medium skin tone and warm undertones. This highlighter just makes my skin look great without exaggerating the skin texture underneath it. First when I saw it at the new maybelline stand at Walmart I thought it's too expensive for 12.99 CAD so I didn't get it but reading all the reviews and YouTube gurus recommendations I did get it and did not regret at all. The other shade looked too powdery though. I also got a Maybelline total temptation Mascara and shadow and highlight palette which was so powdery and disappointing. I hated it a lot but this is a different formula I would say. I also like using it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes as a popping shadow. It is very elegant. I highly recommend this product. Here I am sharing a link where I used it on top of the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and it blended really well and made my skin look like a manican's.
Link:

I hope you find my review helpful. If so, please hit the helpful button. Thanks so much for reading. xoxoxo

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Only 8 revises?! Where’s the love!! This is AH-mazing! All highlighters I’ve used are either oils or glittery (High beam, ABH glow kit, Mary Lou-manzier, milk, Becca, Estée Lauder...I got a mini Sephora sample kit with a bunch of highlighters so yeah...) which is fine for particular looks but everyday...? Not so much...this Maybelline highlighter though...you can wear it as much as you want and it still looks so nice and natural. The only complaint is the stupid packaging is hard to pry open.

on 1/23/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a huge fan of drugstore makekup, but as i was looking for a nail polish i came across this prepack and swiped the tester on my hand. Left the store... i found myself thinking about this for a few days after, so i went and purchased it. I was initially impressed with the quality of the pigment. A true sheen highlighter, no glitter. Perfect for creating highlights. I like dabbing (literally a one dab), on each cheekbone and the bridge of my nose. You need to be very light handed with it. I told all my gf's to go get it, because for the price, the quality is phenomenal.

I got it in the new white "holographic " one and its beautiful on super pale skin like myself. it's a slight pink iredecent affect on the skin very icy. I love it.

on 10/15/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Maybelline is my favorite drugstore makeup brand. They just keep giving me life after life. This is bling bling in a powder. Very pigmented gold that applies like a dream and really makes your highlight stand out. I am so happy to know you can get something this beautiful for $7.97. I certainly would purchase this again. The packaging seems sturdy enough, the product is beautiful and it lasts even in my oily t zone thru blotting. Very well executed product.

I am a NW18 so I usually use white/silver highlighters since gold tends to look muddy on my skin . This highlighter is different , it looks so pretty and very nice gold sheen when I apply it , I don't even have to blend it out much . This does have some sparkles in it but it's not that noticeable on the face . If you are pale and usually can't wear gold highlighters, get this one !

on 8/22/2017 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

love this highliter but I find it not long lasting I ran across it at the Superstore didn't even know about this one,a tad pricy for drugstore at a wopping $18 bucks but hey I've spent more on other brands and am liking it