Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Gold

Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Gold

4.6

on 2/23/2018 6:46:00 PM

I love highlighters. I think us (mostly girls) get crazy about highlighters and glitters :) since JK. I have Medium skin tone and warm undertones. This highlighter just makes my skin look great without exaggerating the skin texture underneath it. First when I saw it at the new maybelline stand at Walmart I thought it's too expensive for 12.99 CAD so I didn't get it but reading all the reviews and YouTube gurus recommendations I did get it and did not regret at all. The other shade looked too powdery though. I also got a Maybelline total temptation Mascara and shadow and highlight palette which was so powdery and disappointing. I hated it a lot but this is a different formula I would say. I also like using it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes as a popping shadow. It is very elegant. I highly recommend this product. Here I am sharing a link where I used it on top of the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and it blended really well and made my skin look like a manican's.
Link:

I hope you find my review helpful. If so, please hit the helpful button. Thanks so much for reading. xoxoxo

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Only 8 revises?! Where’s the love!! This is AH-mazing! All highlighters I’ve used are either oils or glittery (High beam, ABH glow kit, Mary Lou-manzier, milk, Becca, Estée Lauder...I got a mini Sephora sample kit with a bunch of highlighters so yeah...) which is fine for particular looks but everyday...? Not so much...this Maybelline highlighter though...you can wear it as much as you want and it still looks so nice and natural. The only complaint is the stupid packaging is hard to pry open.

on 1/23/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a huge fan of drugstore makekup, but as i was looking for a nail polish i came across this prepack and swiped the tester on my hand. Left the store... i found myself thinking about this for a few days after, so i went and purchased it. I was initially impressed with the quality of the pigment. A true sheen highlighter, no glitter. Perfect for creating highlights. I like dabbing (literally a one dab), on each cheekbone and the bridge of my nose. You need to be very light handed with it. I told all my gf's to go get it, because for the price, the quality is phenomenal.

I got it in the new white "holographic " one and its beautiful on super pale skin like myself. it's a slight pink iredecent affect on the skin very icy. I love it.

on 10/15/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Maybelline is my favorite drugstore makeup brand. They just keep giving me life after life. This is bling bling in a powder. Very pigmented gold that applies like a dream and really makes your highlight stand out. I am so happy to know you can get something this beautiful for $7.97. I certainly would purchase this again. The packaging seems sturdy enough, the product is beautiful and it lasts even in my oily t zone thru blotting. Very well executed product.

I am a NW18 so I usually use white/silver highlighters since gold tends to look muddy on my skin . This highlighter is different , it looks so pretty and very nice gold sheen when I apply it , I don't even have to blend it out much . This does have some sparkles in it but it's not that noticeable on the face . If you are pale and usually can't wear gold highlighters, get this one !

on 8/22/2017 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

love this highliter but I find it not long lasting I ran across it at the Superstore didn't even know about this one,a tad pricy for drugstore at a wopping $18 bucks but hey I've spent more on other brands and am liking it

on 8/20/2017 2:18:00 AM

Gorgeous !!! It's a pretty intense gorgeous wearable gold. I have light skin, I'm an nw20 in mac. Most gold highlighters look off on me. This one is so wearable and gorgeous though. I love it.

on 8/19/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this highlighter! This is more if a blinding highlighter so if you're into that it's awesome! If not, this is not your average subtle highlighter.

on 7/19/2017 7:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

(Theres no reviews yet for this? I feel awks cuz ive never been the first so sorry if theres already a review page for this im nooby)
I wasn't planning to buy this highlight but when i was at Walmart i found it and I was like what the hell why not! Cause all i heard was good things about it, and apparently its hard to find. It was like around $10 CDN which isnt bad, and walmarts the cheapest place for makeup too so im guessing at shoppers itll be like $20 lmao. I am pretty light so when I swatched this it looks a bit dark like a real burnt gold but blended on my cheekbones i found it to be wearable. n bruh this is SOO pretty tho. Makes me feel like a goddess! The glow can be intense so subtle highlight lovers- this is not for you!! I didnt think i was into SUPER intense highlights but recently I have been loving the extra glow!! I do think I have to blend quite a bit to make the highlight look smooth but I dont mind, its still a gorgeous color and truly compliments a bronzed complexion. The packaging is alright, nothing ugly, but nothing special. The closure is kinda weird but its meh. Oh and the imprint wears away super easily as soon as you touch it.
Oh and the reason I gave only 4 lippies is cause like i said it has to be blended quite a bit and the texture is not the softest, i mean its still a great highlight but its not PERFECT.
(BTW I betrayed my cruelty free family by buying this, I am ashamed of myself and I am trying to improve :'( sometimes I buy things on a whim and forget its not CF then I go home and im like what have i done :'( I need to be better at this! </3))
(sorry this review is random and all over the place ugh i suck at this)