VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

HG for me! Woohoo!
Lovely, non-irritating booster to use under your moisturizer. Clear color, gentle, no additives, plumps up skin, but does not cause pore congestion (and my skin is super sensitive to any comedogenic substances).
It does not by itself improve acne (is not designed to do so) but it allows you to use the anti-acne products you might need, and reduces the redness, irritation and flaking they may cause. (Sometimes I don't know which is worse: flaking and redness from antiacne products, or the oiliness and redness from plugged and inflamed pores....sigh....) But this way I can have the best of both worlds.
Yes, the 50 ml size is clunky, but keep it at home, and in addition get the 30 ml size or even the mini 5 ml size or sample packettes for when you travel. Just be careful, the cap does not always stay on, so I took off 1 lippie for packaging. Otherwise 5 star.
I use this before Avene serum as a moisturizer, and I never get any balling or difficulty with foundation or concealer (I use Ellis Faas foundation and concealers, Tatcha sunscreen).
All the positive reviews on MUA are telling the truth!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to wait a solid month before reviewing this. In the past I’ve always found Vichy products to be WAY too fragrant and though some still are, this product is totally scent/dye free. If you’re combo/oily I would highly recommend m89 (sounds like a gun). I’ve used it a few different ways but the most effective has been applying it after my toner, letting it soak in for a sec. I use about a half pump for my whole face. After about 5 mins, I’ll apply another 1/4 pump to my dryer areas (cheeks, lips, under eyes). This does wonders for chapped lips! Then I’ll apply my h.a/b5 serum, and then a few dabs of cliniques moisture surge. Now that I’ve hit the magic “30” I’ve had to up the ante on moisture and this has been a fantastic addition to my s.c routine and it’s not insanely expensive either.

on 7/19/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I decided to try this booster out even though it was really expensive. The hype around this booster made me want to check it out...! FYI I have combination-sensitive skin.

I tried it for a few days underneath my moisturizer. Two pumps after cleansing my face then I followed with my moisturizer.

I have to say that this booster absorbed quickly into the skin. It's not that tacky-sticky on the skin like some products I have tried. Also, it provided enough moisture only if I used it with my moisturizer. Alone it won't be moisturizing, it actually made my skin drier-parched.

I also experienced some slight redness, stinging and small whiteheads after I applied the Mineral 89. It stopped when I didn't use it anymore. I guess there is something in it that makes my sensitive skin react. I have tried their thermal water before and had the same reaction, I think it's their "mineral water" that doesn't suit my skin.

The packaging is so-so, I don't really like the big-bulky-glass-type of packaging. I actually dropped it by accident this morning which scared the hell out of me, but it didn't break! So that's good.

I like that this product is free of many things like alcohol, fragrance and so on. Which is interesting since Vichy products are always filled with fragrance and alcohol (usually)...! I hope they continue in that direction for future products.

If you have the money to spend, already have a good basic skincare routine and can tolerate the ingredients in it, why not try it? Maybe this could work for your skin or maybe this could be what your skin needs to feel a little bit more hydrated (to complete your skincare routine). IMO it's not really a necessity if you already have a good skincare routine. You can also find cheaper alternatives too.

You can get samples at the cosmetic counter before purchasing the full size. (I made the mistake of buying the product right away...) It's not a bad product... It's mostly "mineral water" with a hint of glycerin and hyaluronic acid in it (plus free of many things!) As for myself, I wouldn't repurchase, my skin seems to not tolerate it.