VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Black
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.3

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

I have to admit I thought this product was a gimmick. "What the heck is mineral thermal water? Water is water." I said to myself after receiving a sample. NOPE, I was wrong. This stuff is awesome. I am not a big fan of potions and primers and toners and blah... I like to keep things simple. However, this is worth it.

I work at a computer all day and have problems with my eyes. I also get migraines and it makes me scrunch my face a lot. People have started asking me constantly the past couple years if I'm tired/frustrated/grumpy when I'm not... (RBF for those that know). My boss even kept pointing out my frown lines. I was starting to feel really embarrassed about it but Botox is not in my budget and I really feel like that is a bit of an extreme step at 29. But I got this in the mail and decided to try it for a while....

Three months in, I have really noticed a change. The lines really are lighter and the skin around my eyes looks smoother and less dark. It obviously doesn't remove the lines (no product can) but I think it plumps the skin well and relaxes it. It also has helped my rosacea/redness on my cheeks immensely. It doesn't make me break out at all but makes my skin feel softer like an oil would.

I was a little put off by the price but my sample lasted forever so I discovered that it really is worth the price and bought a bottle. If you are on a tight budget like me, wait for a sale. I have had the same bottle for months and still going. You really only need a couple drops. I use it once a day on my whole face as a moisturizer, then at night around my eyes and frown lines under a thicker moisturizer. At night I take the time to massage around my eyes/eyebrows and I think that helps too.

on 12/17/2018 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most lightweight hydrating serum I have ever used. This serum is for all skin types, but for oily acne prone skin it's really a wonderful gift. When it's absorbed you will feel nothing on the skin, it deeply hydrates your skin. 10/10 for the quality and packaging. 8/10 for the price. I hope it will a bit cheaper or Vichy always has twin pack of Vichy 89 at good price :P

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is life-changing ( at least for me ) ! After my skin has been healed from quite severe acne, it’s still very red, sensitive, dry and the texture is very sandy. I’ve tried a couple of Paula’s choice products (Hyaluronic booster, Skin recovery moisturizer and redness relief serum), my skin’s improved but still cant get rid of that sandy texture. I bought this product since i’ve heard a lot of good reviews about it. At first uses it didnt do anything spectacularly besides hydrating. But man, after 3 days, my skin changed ! I never felt my skin has been soooo smooth, plumped and glowing, or like they say, glass skin ! I use it as a serum, and at day time when i dont wear makeup, i just put it as a moisturizer on its own and im happy with it. Definitely recommend to anyone, especially ones with dry, sensitive and need rejuvenated like myself.

on 7/19/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I decided to try this booster out even though it was really expensive. The hype around this booster made me want to check it out...! FYI I have combination-sensitive skin.

I tried it for a few days underneath my moisturizer. Two pumps after cleansing my face then I followed with my moisturizer.

I have to say that this booster absorbed quickly into the skin. It's not that tacky-sticky on the skin like some products I have tried. Also, it provided enough moisture only if I used it with my moisturizer. Alone it won't be moisturizing, it actually made my skin drier-parched.

I also experienced some slight redness, stinging and small whiteheads after I applied the Mineral 89. It stopped when I didn't use it anymore. I guess there is something in it that makes my sensitive skin react. I have tried their thermal water before and had the same reaction, I think it's their "mineral water" that doesn't suit my skin.

The packaging is so-so, I don't really like the big-bulky-glass-type of packaging. I actually dropped it by accident this morning which scared the hell out of me, but it didn't break! So that's good.

I like that this product is free of many things like alcohol, fragrance and so on. Which is interesting since Vichy products are always filled with fragrance and alcohol (usually)...! I hope they continue in that direction for future products.

If you have the money to spend, already have a good basic skincare routine and can tolerate the ingredients in it, why not try it? Maybe this could work for your skin or maybe this could be what your skin needs to feel a little bit more hydrated (to complete your skincare routine). IMO it's not really a necessity if you already have a good skincare routine. You can also find cheaper alternatives too.

You can get samples at the cosmetic counter before purchasing the full size. (I made the mistake of buying the product right away...) It's not a bad product... It's mostly "mineral water" with a hint of glycerin and hyaluronic acid in it (plus free of many things!) As for myself, I wouldn't repurchase, my skin seems to not tolerate it.