VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.1

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 10/2/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't know why, but I am not crazy about this product..I think it isn't very moisturizing, or it would work best for combination skins, or under your moisturizer..
After a month of using it, I just quit, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, and isn't hydrating enough..now, some would enjoy the light gel like texture..not me..not too impressed .

After going through a couple 5 ml samples I don't think this does any serious hydration, at least not to justify adding this booster to my routine. It's a nice gel, absorbs rather quickly, but it's slightly tacky to touch. Vichy promises it will boost moisture and plump skin up, aside from the promise of relatively simple formula (89% is their thermal water) that leaves out a lot of things that are supposed to be bad (debatable issue). My skin loves hyaluronic acid a lot because it plumps skin instantly and the hydration increase from hyaluronic acid is hard to replicate with other humectants. However, Vichy didn't plump my skin and the moisture boost I could notice was insignificant compared to what HA does usually. My guess is that there is very little actual HA in there as the gel also contains 4 thickening/gelling ingredients aside from HA (and there are 11 ingredients in total) that aren't adding anything positive to skin such as acting as humectants. It's like putting lube on skin, adds some slip and wets skin, but nothing more. I do appreciate Vichy for using glass bottle as it's more recyclable than plastic junk, and that they made a rare fragrance-free product, but there are so many plain HA products that offer much better performance that are also packaged in glass and don't have a long ingredient lists.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product. It's very hydrating and strengthens the skin overall. I use it after cleansing and toning, and before my serum and moisturizer. You can use this on your eyes and all over your face (even on the eye lids). It brightens my skin and makes it more soft. I noticed a difference almost immediately from using this. Now I couldn't imagine my routine without it. I definitely recommend checking out this product!

on 9/6/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't use many products on my sensitive skin anymore. This one is very nice but I don't think it is good enough to keep buying it. I get decent results also from rosewater and witch hazel. I decided not to pay for high priced skin care anymore. If money was no object I would get it just because it's pleasant and doesn't irritate.

I am on my second bottle of this product. I usually don't think HA does much. I live in dry CA which may have something to do with it. My skin is combination in the true sense. I am oily in the t-zone and dry everywhere else. I have been doing hot yoga lately and experimented with putting this on my face before class because I noticed that my skin would feel dehydrated afterward. With this serum, my skin actually glowed after class. Then it got me thinking that this may be better served being applied after a hot shower while my skin was still damp. Yes! it also works fantastically that way. I guess that supported my hypothesis about HA and neccessary humidity to draw water into the skin. I also like using it then applying a heavier moisturizer to my non t-zone areas. But key for me with HA is in the steam.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This booster/serum provides a ton of hydration to the skin mainly in the form of mineral water, hyaluronic acid and glycerin (plus a few other ingredients). It has a light gel-like texture but feels extremely thin and watery when applied. I was glad to discover there was no sticky feeling experienced and it immediately made my face feel hydrated and plump in the best possible way. A little goes a very long way. I mistakenly put two pea-sized drops in the palm of my hand the first time I tried this and not only did I have enough to do my entire face but I also had enough to go all the way down my neck too. This has been one of my best discoveries ever in the “Essence/Serum” category with very few ingredients and lovely results.

on 5/9/2018 7:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Really nice stuff, I use morning and night under some CeraVe cream. I tried the $$$ Rodan + Fields hydration serum and this one gives same results.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I’m not a fan of Vichy usually I find there products containing to much fragrance. This one doesn’t it’s free of allot of other things to such as alcohol and parabens. The bottle appealed to me so wanted to give this a shot. This is a light clear gel serum with no scent, it did not feel sticky on my face. After using the whole bottle I can say that I don’t see any results, I even suspect this gave me a reaction around my chin area. I would not repurchase this because I don’t see the benefits and my skin does not like this product (dry to normal/eczema sensitive).

on 3/5/2018 1:50:00 AM

This product is funny because I didn’t really know why I bought it, just to try and because I love french pharmacy beauty routines. But honestly within weeks it became a total HG for me and when I finished my first bottle I definitely missed it and quickly bought another. What it does: -because of the special thermal water, it strengthens your skin. Meaning (at least for me) my sensitive easily reddened skin feels and looks more evenly toned, pimples and imperfections are noticeably smaller than before and my pores look smaller as well -there’s hyaluronic acid which instantly plumps your skin (which is why I use it as a toner every morning on face and neck) -feels very soothing and fresh applying it- it’s a unique gel like consistency which absorbs instantly and with zero residue, unlike anything I’ve ever tried. I have combo skin (sometimes more oily in summer) and it doesn’t add to shine at all, but great at hydrating all skin types. Dry and combo skin will need a moisturizer on top probably and everyone should use an SPF on top for daytime -finally I love the glass bottle with a pump. I just wish there was a mini size so I could bring it to the gym and take it in flights with me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this in sample form for a few days and I will be purchasing a bottle of it today. It is an excellent layer to use for hydrating and boosting the effectiveness of your moisturizer, as well as speeding up cell turnover, calming skin, and I'm sure many other benefits! Super lightweight, easy to apply and absorb, works well with many other products, non-stinging (I, too, have very sensitive and breakout prone skin), and super comfortable. In one use I saw a big difference in my skin: hydrating as well as appearance/glow. This may be my favourite Vichy product I've yet to try, in the past 20 years I've been using them. It works amazingly under makeup too, so, I am using it am & pm. Highly recommended. A+