VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

3.5

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this as a sample (don't even remember from where) but I fell in love with it right away. It is such a lovely hydrating product that can be used alone, as a serum to boost the hydration of your moisturizers or even under serums. I love to layer this with an anti aging serum and moisturizer for both day and night. It absorbs into skin super quickly and leaves skin feeling very soft and hydrated. A++++

Loved it so much I bought the full size and use it regularly.

I have to admit I thought this product was a gimmick. "What the heck is mineral thermal water? Water is water." I said to myself after receiving a sample. NOPE, I was wrong. This stuff is awesome. I am not a big fan of potions and primers and toners and blah... I like to keep things simple. However, this is worth it.

I work at a computer all day and have problems with my eyes. I also get migraines and it makes me scrunch my face a lot. People have started asking me constantly the past couple years if I'm tired/frustrated/grumpy when I'm not... (RBF for those that know). My boss even kept pointing out my frown lines. I was starting to feel really embarrassed about it but Botox is not in my budget and I really feel like that is a bit of an extreme step at 29. But I got this in the mail and decided to try it for a while....

Three months in, I have really noticed a change. The lines really are lighter and the skin around my eyes looks smoother and less dark. It obviously doesn't remove the lines (no product can) but I think it plumps the skin well and relaxes it. It also has helped my rosacea/redness on my cheeks immensely. It doesn't make me break out at all but makes my skin feel softer like an oil would.

I was a little put off by the price but my sample lasted forever so I discovered that it really is worth the price and bought a bottle. If you are on a tight budget like me, wait for a sale. I have had the same bottle for months and still going. You really only need a couple drops. I use it once a day on my whole face as a moisturizer, then at night around my eyes and frown lines under a thicker moisturizer. At night I take the time to massage around my eyes/eyebrows and I think that helps too.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Hmm... not much to say about this stuff. I got it as a sample from Ulta and that's the only reason I tried it. The consistency is a lot like hand sanitizer. Once you spread it on your face, it feels like oil. And it dries quickly like rubbing alcohol. I have very oily skin and it dries my skin out a bit. Not good for someone with very dry skin. I haven't noticed any short term effects. My skin feels the same. It didn't break me out. Nothing. It did nothing. Maybe there are some long term effects, who knows. I probably won't pay for this product in order to find out because I doubt Vichy has found the fountain of youth.

on 10/27/2018 3:03:00 PM

I found this on clearance at Target, and I said "why not?" I like the simple ingredient list, and the fact that it's fragrance and silicone-free. I didn't expect much, but I was hoping for an extra hydration boost.

I like it! It does deliver that hydration boost, without feeling heavy or sticky (after it dries down). I don't think it's working miracles, but there's definitely an extra "oomph". I mix one pump of this with one pump of the CosRx 96 Advanced Snail Essence, and I am seeing calmer, moister results than with the snail alone. And it doesn't clog my skin at all! I'm ALWAYS happy when I find something like that.

The bottle is substantial and the pump delivers the perfect amount of serum. It's not going to travel well (heavy, glass, with a top I can't "lock") but it's fine in my bathroom.

It's a little pricey for the simple serum it seems to be, but it does deliver a welcome boost and it doesn't bother my skin while doing it. I may or may not repurchase, but I won't turn it down if I find another deal. I would also recommend it, if you're looking for a solid hydration boost.

on 10/25/2018 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like everything about this product. It is a lightweight, fragrance free gel. One pump does my face and neck. I have combination skin. This does not cause my skin to breakout. It does add moisture to my face. My skin feels hydrated, soft and smooth after using this. Love the blue ombre glass pump bottle. A little goes a long way, so I think this is a good value for the amount of product you get ( 50ml).Absolutely would repurchase.

on 10/12/2018 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The ombre glass bottle is very beautiful but the stuff inside is nothing special. Maybe it's better suited to oily skin or a humid climate but it did nothing for my dehydrated skin in a dry climate.

on 10/2/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't know why, but I am not crazy about this product..I think it isn't very moisturizing, or it would work best for combination skins, or under your moisturizer..
After a month of using it, I just quit, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, and isn't hydrating enough..now, some would enjoy the light gel like texture..not me..not too impressed .

After going through a couple 5 ml samples I don't think this does any serious hydration, at least not to justify adding this booster to my routine. It's a nice gel, absorbs rather quickly, but it's slightly tacky to touch. Vichy promises it will boost moisture and plump skin up, aside from the promise of relatively simple formula (89% is their thermal water) that leaves out a lot of things that are supposed to be bad (debatable issue). My skin loves hyaluronic acid a lot because it plumps skin instantly and the hydration increase from hyaluronic acid is hard to replicate with other humectants. However, Vichy didn't plump my skin and the moisture boost I could notice was insignificant compared to what HA does usually. My guess is that there is very little actual HA in there as the gel also contains 4 thickening/gelling ingredients aside from HA (and there are 11 ingredients in total) that aren't adding anything positive to skin such as acting as humectants. It's like putting lube on skin, adds some slip and wets skin, but nothing more. I do appreciate Vichy for using glass bottle as it's more recyclable than plastic junk, and that they made a rare fragrance-free product, but there are so many plain HA products that offer much better performance that are also packaged in glass and don't have a long ingredient lists.

on 9/6/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't use many products on my sensitive skin anymore. This one is very nice but I don't think it is good enough to keep buying it. I get decent results also from rosewater and witch hazel. I decided not to pay for high priced skin care anymore. If money was no object I would get it just because it's pleasant and doesn't irritate.

on 4/6/2018 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use it after La Roche Posay Redermic R serum (with retinol). It calms my skin and moisturizes it enough so I don't have any dry areas on my skin caused by retinol. In the summer I will use it under my sunscreen because titanium dioxide and zinc oxide which can be found in many sunscreens dry out my skin too.