VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Other
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.7

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

I have a love-hate relationship with this product.
I started using it in the fall when the weather was getting colder. I don't like the way it feels on my face. It's kinda slimy and I absolutely hate how my skin feels after it dries. It's not smooth but it's not rough either.

Although it has minimal ingredients, it felt heavy on my face and I don't know why! My skin wasn't so plumped too as they claimed.

Now for the good part: My skin didn't flake, which is a good thing because I have combo skin and my cheeks flake a lot during winter.
My skin was hydrated throughout those cold days.

I love the blue gradient bottle and its travel easy. So there's that.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A pretty simple/basic face serum for those who breakout with fragrance or certain ingredients - this breaks it down to the bare minimum, 11 ingredients, many of which are humectants. Excellent for combination and oily skin types right before a light moisturizer, very oily would probably be able to skip and find this sufficient on its own. For drier skin types (such as my mothers) it works great before a heavier moisturizer and makes it do its job better (she is adamant about this!).
Love the bottle it comes in, the simplistic formula and the lightweight but sufficient hydration it gives my skin...I can use this AM and PM without breaking or turning oily. It's just the right level for me. And only need a few drops at most before applying my CC cream/SPF. Love it.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/25/2018 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I started using this a month ago. You need just a little, and it massages beautifully into my skin., leaving it so hydrated

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product. It's very hydrating and strengthens the skin overall. I use it after cleansing and toning, and before my serum and moisturizer. You can use this on your eyes and all over your face (even on the eye lids). It brightens my skin and makes it more soft. I noticed a difference almost immediately from using this. Now I couldn't imagine my routine without it. I definitely recommend checking out this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well, now here is a surprise! Never would have found it without seeing it on MUA. It works AMAZINGLY well as a buffer under 0.025% Retin A Gel! Who would have thought - I always thought a buffer should be thick and creamy but my oily, sensitive skin can just not handle anything I tried. I actually bought this just as a light moisturizer and thought I would re-start using Retin A so gave it a go - so great! It doesn't feel very moisturizing on it's own but I guess the HA and Glycerin work as a buffer? I've had practically no or at least the tiniest amount of flaking from tretinoin and the flaking and redness is what caused me to stop using 2 years ago and just use OTC retinol.

on 11/30/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I tried a sample of this product which was thrown into another cosmetics purchase at Shoppers Drug Mart. I am pretty wary of what I put on my facial skin... like so many other posters, it is sensitive, and many creams/gels etc seem to upset my skins biochemistry and make things worse. Vichy 89 feels... clean. Pure. No stinging or sensation at all when applying, maybe a little cooling. I am now on bottle number 3, wouldn't want to be without it. Fiiiiinally found a facial skin product that works, and it truly does. My skin at 37 looks better than ever before. I use this twice daily, after I was my face and neck in the morning and evening, usually alone, or sometimes with a touch of Nip/Fab bee venom tightener. It turns out to be all I need. I am on a bit of a limited budget and yet I actually do not find the price point to be that bad.. I get it for about 30 dollars at the drug store, and a bottle lasts a good... 2+ months? When I find a product which works I tend to be a loyalist, and as long as they keep making this stuff I will use it!

on 8/26/2017 1:36:00 PM

Excellent light and refreshing gel for all skin types (even sensitive, acne-prone or excessively dry).
The product is basically gelled Vichy water with some hyaluronic acid and Biosacchride Gum-1. Both are excellent humectants. But what really hydrates skin is the higher amount of glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20 and PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin in the product. The latter will also provide a very elegant, non-sticky and light finish on the skin.

What I really like about this gel is that it can easily be worn under a serum/moisturizer or alone (in warmer climate). It is absorbed immediately leaving a fresh and hydrated feeling that lasts the entire day.
It is a much easier way to apply Vichy water than the atomizer, with the added benefits of the additional humectants (with documented effect) in the product.
It is definitely one of the best products coming out of L'Oreal!
Big plus for opting for a fragrance-free and alcohol-free product!

Ingredients : Aqua / Water / Eau, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Biosaccharide Gum-1
Code F.I.L. : D201455/1