VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

I have a love-hate relationship with this product.
I started using it in the fall when the weather was getting colder. I don't like the way it feels on my face. It's kinda slimy and I absolutely hate how my skin feels after it dries. It's not smooth but it's not rough either.

Although it has minimal ingredients, it felt heavy on my face and I don't know why! My skin wasn't so plumped too as they claimed.

Now for the good part: My skin didn't flake, which is a good thing because I have combo skin and my cheeks flake a lot during winter.
My skin was hydrated throughout those cold days.

I love the blue gradient bottle and its travel easy. So there's that.

on 4/11/2019 6:50:00 PM

So, got this as a gift and cannot comment on price. Two thumbs up for glass recyclable container.
As for the product, I had no idea what it was for, or where it was supposed to fit into a beauty routine so I had to come here to check that out.
Ok, HLA to make a difference in my skin, fine lines, even tone, etc. Wish I could say it did. I see no difference after 3 months. I threw it in after double cleansing and toner, along with eye serum and before moisturizer. It feels a touch tacky and it can pill if you put it on too thickly, so more is not more in this case.
I have combo to dry skin, it didn't feel particularly hydrating but maybe I am expecting miracles and not just 'hold the line' (or hold off the lines, haha.) It only takes a pea sized drop to get my face, another to get my neck. Once the bottle is gone I probably will look for something else and not replace it, Vichy name or not.

I was very disappointed. It leaves an unpleasant film on the skin and doesn't provide the hydration that my skin would need and I don't even have dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this as a sample (don't even remember from where) but I fell in love with it right away. It is such a lovely hydrating product that can be used alone, as a serum to boost the hydration of your moisturizers or even under serums. I love to layer this with an anti aging serum and moisturizer for both day and night. It absorbs into skin super quickly and leaves skin feeling very soft and hydrated. A++++

Loved it so much I bought the full size and use it regularly.

on 1/23/2019 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hi!
At first i didn't knew if it's booster or a face cream.I use it as it is,like face cream.Nothing under or over it.
I had some samples before I bought it.Even if it's expensive it's worthing the money.A little is enough.
It's like putting water on the face.The product absorbs fast and it's colorless.
I felt the skin mosturized.I've notice an improvment of the skin.

I have to admit I thought this product was a gimmick. "What the heck is mineral thermal water? Water is water." I said to myself after receiving a sample. NOPE, I was wrong. This stuff is awesome. I am not a big fan of potions and primers and toners and blah... I like to keep things simple. However, this is worth it.

I work at a computer all day and have problems with my eyes. I also get migraines and it makes me scrunch my face a lot. People have started asking me constantly the past couple years if I'm tired/frustrated/grumpy when I'm not... (RBF for those that know). My boss even kept pointing out my frown lines. I was starting to feel really embarrassed about it but Botox is not in my budget and I really feel like that is a bit of an extreme step at 29. But I got this in the mail and decided to try it for a while....

Three months in, I have really noticed a change. The lines really are lighter and the skin around my eyes looks smoother and less dark. It obviously doesn't remove the lines (no product can) but I think it plumps the skin well and relaxes it. It also has helped my rosacea/redness on my cheeks immensely. It doesn't make me break out at all but makes my skin feel softer like an oil would.

I was a little put off by the price but my sample lasted forever so I discovered that it really is worth the price and bought a bottle. If you are on a tight budget like me, wait for a sale. I have had the same bottle for months and still going. You really only need a couple drops. I use it once a day on my whole face as a moisturizer, then at night around my eyes and frown lines under a thicker moisturizer. At night I take the time to massage around my eyes/eyebrows and I think that helps too.

on 1/3/2019 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have combo sensitive skin prone to rosacea... this does feel a little tacky once applied but not for long. It does seem to hydrate somewhat but don’t feel like it’s doing much... I’m not getting that plumping effect other people are mentioning.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Hmm... not much to say about this stuff. I got it as a sample from Ulta and that's the only reason I tried it. The consistency is a lot like hand sanitizer. Once you spread it on your face, it feels like oil. And it dries quickly like rubbing alcohol. I have very oily skin and it dries my skin out a bit. Not good for someone with very dry skin. I haven't noticed any short term effects. My skin feels the same. It didn't break me out. Nothing. It did nothing. Maybe there are some long term effects, who knows. I probably won't pay for this product in order to find out because I doubt Vichy has found the fountain of youth.

on 12/17/2018 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most lightweight hydrating serum I have ever used. This serum is for all skin types, but for oily acne prone skin it's really a wonderful gift. When it's absorbed you will feel nothing on the skin, it deeply hydrates your skin. 10/10 for the quality and packaging. 8/10 for the price. I hope it will a bit cheaper or Vichy always has twin pack of Vichy 89 at good price :P

on 12/9/2018 3:47:00 PM

This is probably the thinnest, most water-y hyaluronic acid product that I have ever used. Packaging is beautiful, other than that, I am very underwhelmed. This product is not designed for the really dehydrated skin type in a dry climate. Rather, if you have oily-combination skin, this might work well.