VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

3.8

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

HG for me! Woohoo!
Lovely, non-irritating booster to use under your moisturizer. Clear color, gentle, no additives, plumps up skin, but does not cause pore congestion (and my skin is super sensitive to any comedogenic substances).
It does not by itself improve acne (is not designed to do so) but it allows you to use the anti-acne products you might need, and reduces the redness, irritation and flaking they may cause. (Sometimes I don't know which is worse: flaking and redness from antiacne products, or the oiliness and redness from plugged and inflamed pores....sigh....) But this way I can have the best of both worlds.
Yes, the 50 ml size is clunky, but keep it at home, and in addition get the 30 ml size or even the mini 5 ml size or sample packettes for when you travel. Just be careful, the cap does not always stay on, so I took off 1 lippie for packaging. Otherwise 5 star.
I use this before Avene serum as a moisturizer, and I never get any balling or difficulty with foundation or concealer (I use Ellis Faas foundation and concealers, Tatcha sunscreen).
All the positive reviews on MUA are telling the truth!

on 5/12/2018 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm so glad I took a chance with this one and bought it on a whim because it's absolutely perfect for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. It doesn't do much on its own but when mixed with actives or layered under them it gives them, well, a boost! The bottle is kind of heavy and cumbersome to travel with though I do appreciate the hygienic pump packaging and the fact that the clear bottle lets you see how much product is left. I will definitely repurchase this one when it runs out.

on 8/31/2017 12:15:00 PM

I have sensitive skin that's prone to acne and I was attracted to this product because it has very few ingredients like fragrance or dimethicone that could irritate my skin. No regrets buying it at all. It's a GREAT product. It does not feel oily at all after application. I use it in conjunction with my regular moisturiser at night, and after just one use, I really did have plumper, "bouncier" skin the next day. I hope they keep making this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I do not have extra oily skin but i break out when using ANYTHING that is not oil free . This does not make me break out , hydrates somehow well (but i bought it at the beginning of summer hence it might not be enough during winter and i might then need an extra something on top of it). Not amazing under make up but i use it in the evenings . Love it so far and i am already at the end of my first bottle.

on 7/28/2017 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this at the drug store as I like gel type moisturizers. I really am not sure what this actually is though, as i threw out the box. Use a tiny amount or your skin will feel like it has a layer of goo on it that won't sink in. you are also (according to the girl at the cosmetics counter) supposed to put this over (or was it under?) your usual moisturizer.

i have very sensitive skin so this product is very gentle.

i guess my point is it's a beautiful bottle, it's become a bit more of a piece of art on my shelf rather than something i'm actively using. perhaps i should give it more of a try.

on 7/19/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I decided to try this booster out even though it was really expensive. The hype around this booster made me want to check it out...! FYI I have combination-sensitive skin.

I tried it for a few days underneath my moisturizer. Two pumps after cleansing my face then I followed with my moisturizer.

I have to say that this booster absorbed quickly into the skin. It's not that tacky-sticky on the skin like some products I have tried. Also, it provided enough moisture only if I used it with my moisturizer. Alone it won't be moisturizing, it actually made my skin drier-parched.

I also experienced some slight redness, stinging and small whiteheads after I applied the Mineral 89. It stopped when I didn't use it anymore. I guess there is something in it that makes my sensitive skin react. I have tried their thermal water before and had the same reaction, I think it's their "mineral water" that doesn't suit my skin.

The packaging is so-so, I don't really like the big-bulky-glass-type of packaging. I actually dropped it by accident this morning which scared the hell out of me, but it didn't break! So that's good.

I like that this product is free of many things like alcohol, fragrance and so on. Which is interesting since Vichy products are always filled with fragrance and alcohol (usually)...! I hope they continue in that direction for future products.

If you have the money to spend, already have a good basic skincare routine and can tolerate the ingredients in it, why not try it? Maybe this could work for your skin or maybe this could be what your skin needs to feel a little bit more hydrated (to complete your skincare routine). IMO it's not really a necessity if you already have a good skincare routine. You can also find cheaper alternatives too.

You can get samples at the cosmetic counter before purchasing the full size. (I made the mistake of buying the product right away...) It's not a bad product... It's mostly "mineral water" with a hint of glycerin and hyaluronic acid in it (plus free of many things!) As for myself, I wouldn't repurchase, my skin seems to not tolerate it.