VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.2

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

I have a love-hate relationship with this product.
I started using it in the fall when the weather was getting colder. I don't like the way it feels on my face. It's kinda slimy and I absolutely hate how my skin feels after it dries. It's not smooth but it's not rough either.

Although it has minimal ingredients, it felt heavy on my face and I don't know why! My skin wasn't so plumped too as they claimed.

Now for the good part: My skin didn't flake, which is a good thing because I have combo skin and my cheeks flake a lot during winter.
My skin was hydrated throughout those cold days.

I love the blue gradient bottle and its travel easy. So there's that.

I was very disappointed. It leaves an unpleasant film on the skin and doesn't provide the hydration that my skin would need and I don't even have dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this as a sample (don't even remember from where) but I fell in love with it right away. It is such a lovely hydrating product that can be used alone, as a serum to boost the hydration of your moisturizers or even under serums. I love to layer this with an anti aging serum and moisturizer for both day and night. It absorbs into skin super quickly and leaves skin feeling very soft and hydrated. A++++

Loved it so much I bought the full size and use it regularly.

I have to admit I thought this product was a gimmick. "What the heck is mineral thermal water? Water is water." I said to myself after receiving a sample. NOPE, I was wrong. This stuff is awesome. I am not a big fan of potions and primers and toners and blah... I like to keep things simple. However, this is worth it.

I work at a computer all day and have problems with my eyes. I also get migraines and it makes me scrunch my face a lot. People have started asking me constantly the past couple years if I'm tired/frustrated/grumpy when I'm not... (RBF for those that know). My boss even kept pointing out my frown lines. I was starting to feel really embarrassed about it but Botox is not in my budget and I really feel like that is a bit of an extreme step at 29. But I got this in the mail and decided to try it for a while....

Three months in, I have really noticed a change. The lines really are lighter and the skin around my eyes looks smoother and less dark. It obviously doesn't remove the lines (no product can) but I think it plumps the skin well and relaxes it. It also has helped my rosacea/redness on my cheeks immensely. It doesn't make me break out at all but makes my skin feel softer like an oil would.

I was a little put off by the price but my sample lasted forever so I discovered that it really is worth the price and bought a bottle. If you are on a tight budget like me, wait for a sale. I have had the same bottle for months and still going. You really only need a couple drops. I use it once a day on my whole face as a moisturizer, then at night around my eyes and frown lines under a thicker moisturizer. At night I take the time to massage around my eyes/eyebrows and I think that helps too.

on 1/3/2019 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have combo sensitive skin prone to rosacea... this does feel a little tacky once applied but not for long. It does seem to hydrate somewhat but don’t feel like it’s doing much... I’m not getting that plumping effect other people are mentioning.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Hmm... not much to say about this stuff. I got it as a sample from Ulta and that's the only reason I tried it. The consistency is a lot like hand sanitizer. Once you spread it on your face, it feels like oil. And it dries quickly like rubbing alcohol. I have very oily skin and it dries my skin out a bit. Not good for someone with very dry skin. I haven't noticed any short term effects. My skin feels the same. It didn't break me out. Nothing. It did nothing. Maybe there are some long term effects, who knows. I probably won't pay for this product in order to find out because I doubt Vichy has found the fountain of youth.

on 10/27/2018 3:03:00 PM

I found this on clearance at Target, and I said "why not?" I like the simple ingredient list, and the fact that it's fragrance and silicone-free. I didn't expect much, but I was hoping for an extra hydration boost.

I like it! It does deliver that hydration boost, without feeling heavy or sticky (after it dries down). I don't think it's working miracles, but there's definitely an extra "oomph". I mix one pump of this with one pump of the CosRx 96 Advanced Snail Essence, and I am seeing calmer, moister results than with the snail alone. And it doesn't clog my skin at all! I'm ALWAYS happy when I find something like that.

The bottle is substantial and the pump delivers the perfect amount of serum. It's not going to travel well (heavy, glass, with a top I can't "lock") but it's fine in my bathroom.

It's a little pricey for the simple serum it seems to be, but it does deliver a welcome boost and it doesn't bother my skin while doing it. I may or may not repurchase, but I won't turn it down if I find another deal. I would also recommend it, if you're looking for a solid hydration boost.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A pretty simple/basic face serum for those who breakout with fragrance or certain ingredients - this breaks it down to the bare minimum, 11 ingredients, many of which are humectants. Excellent for combination and oily skin types right before a light moisturizer, very oily would probably be able to skip and find this sufficient on its own. For drier skin types (such as my mothers) it works great before a heavier moisturizer and makes it do its job better (she is adamant about this!).
Love the bottle it comes in, the simplistic formula and the lightweight but sufficient hydration it gives my skin...I can use this AM and PM without breaking or turning oily. It's just the right level for me. And only need a few drops at most before applying my CC cream/SPF. Love it.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 10/25/2018 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like everything about this product. It is a lightweight, fragrance free gel. One pump does my face and neck. I have combination skin. This does not cause my skin to breakout. It does add moisture to my face. My skin feels hydrated, soft and smooth after using this. Love the blue ombre glass pump bottle. A little goes a long way, so I think this is a good value for the amount of product you get ( 50ml).Absolutely would repurchase.

on 10/20/2018 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I usually avoid Vichy because of the fragrance but this is pleasantly fragrance free and void of other irritating ingredients. I’m still on the fence about Hyaluronic acid products and whether they actually do anything. I’ve tried quite a few and after using up the entire bottle of this, I’m still not sure. However, it didn’t make me greasy or break me out which is a bonus. Stickiness is a problem for me with a lot of serums and can make my skin look worse (cough.. the ordinary), so Vichy got the texture right. I just don’t know if I ‘need it’.