VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.1

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 10/25/2018 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like everything about this product. It is a lightweight, fragrance free gel. One pump does my face and neck. I have combination skin. This does not cause my skin to breakout. It does add moisture to my face. My skin feels hydrated, soft and smooth after using this. Love the blue ombre glass pump bottle. A little goes a long way, so I think this is a good value for the amount of product you get ( 50ml).Absolutely would repurchase.

on 10/20/2018 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I usually avoid Vichy because of the fragrance but this is pleasantly fragrance free and void of other irritating ingredients. I’m still on the fence about Hyaluronic acid products and whether they actually do anything. I’ve tried quite a few and after using up the entire bottle of this, I’m still not sure. However, it didn’t make me greasy or break me out which is a bonus. Stickiness is a problem for me with a lot of serums and can make my skin look worse (cough.. the ordinary), so Vichy got the texture right. I just don’t know if I ‘need it’.

on 10/12/2018 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The ombre glass bottle is very beautiful but the stuff inside is nothing special. Maybe it's better suited to oily skin or a humid climate but it did nothing for my dehydrated skin in a dry climate.

on 10/8/2018 8:28:00 AM

Based on positive reviews I read, I decided to give it a try. However, I wasn't impressed at all.

I didn't like its' strange gel-y consistency, that over time I got used to it. Anyway, it just doesn't to its job my skin wasn't hydrated at all after applying it.

on 10/2/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't know why, but I am not crazy about this product..I think it isn't very moisturizing, or it would work best for combination skins, or under your moisturizer..
After a month of using it, I just quit, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, and isn't hydrating enough..now, some would enjoy the light gel like texture..not me..not too impressed .

After going through a couple 5 ml samples I don't think this does any serious hydration, at least not to justify adding this booster to my routine. It's a nice gel, absorbs rather quickly, but it's slightly tacky to touch. Vichy promises it will boost moisture and plump skin up, aside from the promise of relatively simple formula (89% is their thermal water) that leaves out a lot of things that are supposed to be bad (debatable issue). My skin loves hyaluronic acid a lot because it plumps skin instantly and the hydration increase from hyaluronic acid is hard to replicate with other humectants. However, Vichy didn't plump my skin and the moisture boost I could notice was insignificant compared to what HA does usually. My guess is that there is very little actual HA in there as the gel also contains 4 thickening/gelling ingredients aside from HA (and there are 11 ingredients in total) that aren't adding anything positive to skin such as acting as humectants. It's like putting lube on skin, adds some slip and wets skin, but nothing more. I do appreciate Vichy for using glass bottle as it's more recyclable than plastic junk, and that they made a rare fragrance-free product, but there are so many plain HA products that offer much better performance that are also packaged in glass and don't have a long ingredient lists.

on 9/25/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Worth the price; works as well as any other more expensive serum!

on 9/6/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't use many products on my sensitive skin anymore. This one is very nice but I don't think it is good enough to keep buying it. I get decent results also from rosewater and witch hazel. I decided not to pay for high priced skin care anymore. If money was no object I would get it just because it's pleasant and doesn't irritate.

on 9/4/2018 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As my skin ages it has become increasingly dehydrated and I’ve been really interested in the trend towards water based moisturisers. I’m currently using Neutrogena Moisture Bomb products and have added this Vichy product to my routine. It’s in a very nicely designed bottle with a pump dispenser. I find one pump before applying moisturiser really plumps my skin and makes it feel very comfortable. I’ve been really impressed with it and will definitely be repurchasing.

on 5/12/2018 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm so glad I took a chance with this one and bought it on a whim because it's absolutely perfect for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. It doesn't do much on its own but when mixed with actives or layered under them it gives them, well, a boost! The bottle is kind of heavy and cumbersome to travel with though I do appreciate the hygienic pump packaging and the fact that the clear bottle lets you see how much product is left. I will definitely repurchase this one when it runs out.