VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 11/28/2018 11:39:00 AM

Only barely hydrates dry skin and pills like crazy. Avoid!!

on 4/11/2019 6:50:00 PM

So, got this as a gift and cannot comment on price. Two thumbs up for glass recyclable container.
As for the product, I had no idea what it was for, or where it was supposed to fit into a beauty routine so I had to come here to check that out.
Ok, HLA to make a difference in my skin, fine lines, even tone, etc. Wish I could say it did. I see no difference after 3 months. I threw it in after double cleansing and toner, along with eye serum and before moisturizer. It feels a touch tacky and it can pill if you put it on too thickly, so more is not more in this case.
I have combo to dry skin, it didn't feel particularly hydrating but maybe I am expecting miracles and not just 'hold the line' (or hold off the lines, haha.) It only takes a pea sized drop to get my face, another to get my neck. Once the bottle is gone I probably will look for something else and not replace it, Vichy name or not.

I was very disappointed. It leaves an unpleasant film on the skin and doesn't provide the hydration that my skin would need and I don't even have dry skin.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Hmm... not much to say about this stuff. I got it as a sample from Ulta and that's the only reason I tried it. The consistency is a lot like hand sanitizer. Once you spread it on your face, it feels like oil. And it dries quickly like rubbing alcohol. I have very oily skin and it dries my skin out a bit. Not good for someone with very dry skin. I haven't noticed any short term effects. My skin feels the same. It didn't break me out. Nothing. It did nothing. Maybe there are some long term effects, who knows. I probably won't pay for this product in order to find out because I doubt Vichy has found the fountain of youth.

on 12/9/2018 3:47:00 PM

This is probably the thinnest, most water-y hyaluronic acid product that I have ever used. Packaging is beautiful, other than that, I am very underwhelmed. This product is not designed for the really dehydrated skin type in a dry climate. Rather, if you have oily-combination skin, this might work well.

on 10/12/2018 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The ombre glass bottle is very beautiful but the stuff inside is nothing special. Maybe it's better suited to oily skin or a humid climate but it did nothing for my dehydrated skin in a dry climate.

on 10/8/2018 8:28:00 AM

Based on positive reviews I read, I decided to give it a try. However, I wasn't impressed at all.

I didn't like its' strange gel-y consistency, that over time I got used to it. Anyway, it just doesn't to its job my skin wasn't hydrated at all after applying it.

on 10/2/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't know why, but I am not crazy about this product..I think it isn't very moisturizing, or it would work best for combination skins, or under your moisturizer..
After a month of using it, I just quit, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, and isn't hydrating enough..now, some would enjoy the light gel like texture..not me..not too impressed .

on 7/19/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I decided to try this booster out even though it was really expensive. The hype around this booster made me want to check it out...! FYI I have combination-sensitive skin.

I tried it for a few days underneath my moisturizer. Two pumps after cleansing my face then I followed with my moisturizer.

I have to say that this booster absorbed quickly into the skin. It's not that tacky-sticky on the skin like some products I have tried. Also, it provided enough moisture only if I used it with my moisturizer. Alone it won't be moisturizing, it actually made my skin drier-parched.

I also experienced some slight redness, stinging and small whiteheads after I applied the Mineral 89. It stopped when I didn't use it anymore. I guess there is something in it that makes my sensitive skin react. I have tried their thermal water before and had the same reaction, I think it's their "mineral water" that doesn't suit my skin.

The packaging is so-so, I don't really like the big-bulky-glass-type of packaging. I actually dropped it by accident this morning which scared the hell out of me, but it didn't break! So that's good.

I like that this product is free of many things like alcohol, fragrance and so on. Which is interesting since Vichy products are always filled with fragrance and alcohol (usually)...! I hope they continue in that direction for future products.

If you have the money to spend, already have a good basic skincare routine and can tolerate the ingredients in it, why not try it? Maybe this could work for your skin or maybe this could be what your skin needs to feel a little bit more hydrated (to complete your skincare routine). IMO it's not really a necessity if you already have a good skincare routine. You can also find cheaper alternatives too.

You can get samples at the cosmetic counter before purchasing the full size. (I made the mistake of buying the product right away...) It's not a bad product... It's mostly "mineral water" with a hint of glycerin and hyaluronic acid in it (plus free of many things!) As for myself, I wouldn't repurchase, my skin seems to not tolerate it.

I have a love-hate relationship with this product.
I started using it in the fall when the weather was getting colder. I don't like the way it feels on my face. It's kinda slimy and I absolutely hate how my skin feels after it dries. It's not smooth but it's not rough either.

Although it has minimal ingredients, it felt heavy on my face and I don't know why! My skin wasn't so plumped too as they claimed.

Now for the good part: My skin didn't flake, which is a good thing because I have combo skin and my cheeks flake a lot during winter.
My skin was hydrated throughout those cold days.

I love the blue gradient bottle and its travel easy. So there's that.