Vichy Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Moisturizer

Vichy Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Moisturizer

4.2

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 10/20/2018 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I usually avoid Vichy because of the fragrance but this is pleasantly fragrance free and void of other irritating ingredients. I’m still on the fence about Hyaluronic acid products and whether they actually do anything. I’ve tried quite a few and after using up the entire bottle of this, I’m still not sure. However, it didn’t make me greasy or break me out which is a bonus. Stickiness is a problem for me with a lot of serums and can make my skin look worse (cough.. the ordinary), so Vichy got the texture right. I just don’t know if I ‘need it’.

on 10/12/2018 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The ombre glass bottle is very beautiful but the stuff inside is nothing special. Maybe it's better suited to oily skin or a humid climate but it did nothing for my dehydrated skin in a dry climate.

on 10/11/2018 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I spritz my face with water and then apply. The gel texture is light and absorbs easily. Did I notice a miraculous change in my complexion looking more hydrated - not really. However I did notice it provides a temporary "plumping" effect of the lines around my eyes

This has been a godsend for my dehrydrated skin with compromised moisture barrier. I apply one pump to a damp face, let it dry (it leaves a tacky feel at first) and follow up with my normal moisturiser. It never pills and just boosts the effects of my moisturiser in the most lovely way. I think this product is best for people who are sensitive to a lot of the ingredients in some of the fancier serums - the short ingredients list is actual what attracted me to this serum-gel. Plus it's totally fragrance free and safe for skin prone to fungal acne. It has made a big difference in how hydrated my skin is and I feel like I'm finally making progress on repairing the damage I did from over exfoliation.

on 10/8/2018 8:28:00 AM

Based on positive reviews I read, I decided to give it a try. However, I wasn't impressed at all.

I didn't like its' strange gel-y consistency, that over time I got used to it. Anyway, it just doesn't to its job my skin wasn't hydrated at all after applying it.

on 10/2/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't know why, but I am not crazy about this product..I think it isn't very moisturizing, or it would work best for combination skins, or under your moisturizer..
After a month of using it, I just quit, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, and isn't hydrating enough..now, some would enjoy the light gel like texture..not me..not too impressed .

After going through a couple 5 ml samples I don't think this does any serious hydration, at least not to justify adding this booster to my routine. It's a nice gel, absorbs rather quickly, but it's slightly tacky to touch. Vichy promises it will boost moisture and plump skin up, aside from the promise of relatively simple formula (89% is their thermal water) that leaves out a lot of things that are supposed to be bad (debatable issue). My skin loves hyaluronic acid a lot because it plumps skin instantly and the hydration increase from hyaluronic acid is hard to replicate with other humectants. However, Vichy didn't plump my skin and the moisture boost I could notice was insignificant compared to what HA does usually. My guess is that there is very little actual HA in there as the gel also contains 4 thickening/gelling ingredients aside from HA (and there are 11 ingredients in total) that aren't adding anything positive to skin such as acting as humectants. It's like putting lube on skin, adds some slip and wets skin, but nothing more. I do appreciate Vichy for using glass bottle as it's more recyclable than plastic junk, and that they made a rare fragrance-free product, but there are so many plain HA products that offer much better performance that are also packaged in glass and don't have a long ingredient lists.

on 9/26/2018 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The European name for this is Mineral 89 Fortifying and Plumping Daily Booster.

It's a pretty simple formula. 89% of Vichy's magical tap water, glycerin, some glycols, preservatives and the salt form of hyaluronic acid: sodium hyaluronate. Today we are spoiled with multiple weight versions of hyaluronic acid, which penetrate a little bit deeper and might stimulate your skin's own production of HA.

Not so here, but do not fret. The salt form of HA is the most hydrating one because it has more connections on it's molecule to bind water too.

The information on this says to apply two drops onto dry skin, but what I think they mean (because it comes in a larger bottle than most srums. 50 ml.) is two pumps. This amount truly plumps up skin underneath your regular moisturizer and doesn't pill up with *any* product. This is a major plus for me.

I can mix a pump in with moisturizers I find a bit too thick and emollient in themselves to make them glide on more easily and become more moisturizing.

You could probably cook up something similar yourself for less money, but for ease of accessability and the decent price I will most probably buy again.

on 9/25/2018 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I started using this a month ago. You need just a little, and it massages beautifully into my skin., leaving it so hydrated

on 9/25/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Worth the price; works as well as any other more expensive serum!