Vichy Mineral 89

Vichy Mineral 89

4.4

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to wait a solid month before reviewing this. In the past I’ve always found Vichy products to be WAY too fragrant and though some still are, this product is totally scent/dye free. If you’re combo/oily I would highly recommend m89 (sounds like a gun). I’ve used it a few different ways but the most effective has been applying it after my toner, letting it soak in for a sec. I use about a half pump for my whole face. After about 5 mins, I’ll apply another 1/4 pump to my dryer areas (cheeks, lips, under eyes). This does wonders for chapped lips! Then I’ll apply my h.a/b5 serum, and then a few dabs of cliniques moisture surge. Now that I’ve hit the magic “30” I’ve had to up the ante on moisture and this has been a fantastic addition to my s.c routine and it’s not insanely expensive either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This booster/serum provides a ton of hydration to the skin mainly in the form of mineral water, hyaluronic acid and glycerin (plus a few other ingredients). It has a light gel-like texture but feels extremely thin and watery when applied. I was glad to discover there was no sticky feeling experienced and it immediately made my face feel hydrated and plump in the best possible way. A little goes a very long way. I mistakenly put two pea-sized drops in the palm of my hand the first time I tried this and not only did I have enough to do my entire face but I also had enough to go all the way down my neck too. This has been one of my best discoveries ever in the “Essence/Serum” category with very few ingredients and lovely results.

on 5/12/2018 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm so glad I took a chance with this one and bought it on a whim because it's absolutely perfect for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. It doesn't do much on its own but when mixed with actives or layered under them it gives them, well, a boost! The bottle is kind of heavy and cumbersome to travel with though I do appreciate the hygienic pump packaging and the fact that the clear bottle lets you see how much product is left. I will definitely repurchase this one when it runs out.

on 5/9/2018 7:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Really nice stuff, I use morning and night under some CeraVe cream. I tried the $$$ Rodan + Fields hydration serum and this one gives same results.

on 4/6/2018 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use it after La Roche Posay Redermic R serum (with retinol). It calms my skin and moisturizes it enough so I don't have any dry areas on my skin caused by retinol. In the summer I will use it under my sunscreen because titanium dioxide and zinc oxide which can be found in many sunscreens dry out my skin too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I’m not a fan of Vichy usually I find there products containing to much fragrance. This one doesn’t it’s free of allot of other things to such as alcohol and parabens. The bottle appealed to me so wanted to give this a shot. This is a light clear gel serum with no scent, it did not feel sticky on my face. After using the whole bottle I can say that I don’t see any results, I even suspect this gave me a reaction around my chin area. I would not repurchase this because I don’t see the benefits and my skin does not like this product (dry to normal/eczema sensitive).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't a fan of Vichy cause i once bought a cream for imperfections and it was very heavy.This was really good for a while.I woke up one day and i wasn't oily at all.I put a cleaning mask the day before and the mineral after that and couldn't believe it.But i guess it was just the mask,cause i use it for over a month and i don't see any difference.I mean serums are supposed to extend the duration of creams.I had estee lauder's matte day wear and Vichy helped me.Now that i use Frezyderm(a greek company) the cream alone lasts 6 hours and with the booster 6 hours.So no difference.So i don't know.Maybe for dry skin is better.I am searching for something else.

The texture is very nice and it non sticky, non greasy. Very hydrating and ultras a few for my sensitive skin, I can even apply it around the eye area. It's a must have and 1st part of my skincare routine and after I apply my Mineral 89, I apply my other serums and It compliments every serum and moisturiser I apply, may it be day or night. Those days that I am on a rush, Mineral 89 is my 1 product on the go and then I apply sunscreen and I still feel that I did my full skincare regime.

on 3/13/2018 11:38:00 AM

Im in love with this gel/serum!!!, Im combination oily and this has been a life saver. From the start you can feel this hydrating fluid moisturizing your face the entire time you are using it, it provides great moisture and comfort, especially if some harsh treatments are being used... At first I thought this is just mineral water with some hyaluronic acid..but oh my God, it has become a HG product, love.

on 3/5/2018 1:50:00 AM

This product is funny because I didn’t really know why I bought it, just to try and because I love french pharmacy beauty routines. But honestly within weeks it became a total HG for me and when I finished my first bottle I definitely missed it and quickly bought another. What it does: -because of the special thermal water, it strengthens your skin. Meaning (at least for me) my sensitive easily reddened skin feels and looks more evenly toned, pimples and imperfections are noticeably smaller than before and my pores look smaller as well -there’s hyaluronic acid which instantly plumps your skin (which is why I use it as a toner every morning on face and neck) -feels very soothing and fresh applying it- it’s a unique gel like consistency which absorbs instantly and with zero residue, unlike anything I’ve ever tried. I have combo skin (sometimes more oily in summer) and it doesn’t add to shine at all, but great at hydrating all skin types. Dry and combo skin will need a moisturizer on top probably and everyone should use an SPF on top for daytime -finally I love the glass bottle with a pump. I just wish there was a mini size so I could bring it to the gym and take it in flights with me!