VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 36-43
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.4

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 4/11/2019 6:50:00 PM

So, got this as a gift and cannot comment on price. Two thumbs up for glass recyclable container.
As for the product, I had no idea what it was for, or where it was supposed to fit into a beauty routine so I had to come here to check that out.
Ok, HLA to make a difference in my skin, fine lines, even tone, etc. Wish I could say it did. I see no difference after 3 months. I threw it in after double cleansing and toner, along with eye serum and before moisturizer. It feels a touch tacky and it can pill if you put it on too thickly, so more is not more in this case.
I have combo to dry skin, it didn't feel particularly hydrating but maybe I am expecting miracles and not just 'hold the line' (or hold off the lines, haha.) It only takes a pea sized drop to get my face, another to get my neck. Once the bottle is gone I probably will look for something else and not replace it, Vichy name or not.

on 1/23/2019 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hi!
At first i didn't knew if it's booster or a face cream.I use it as it is,like face cream.Nothing under or over it.
I had some samples before I bought it.Even if it's expensive it's worthing the money.A little is enough.
It's like putting water on the face.The product absorbs fast and it's colorless.
I felt the skin mosturized.I've notice an improvment of the skin.

on 1/3/2019 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have combo sensitive skin prone to rosacea... this does feel a little tacky once applied but not for long. It does seem to hydrate somewhat but don’t feel like it’s doing much... I’m not getting that plumping effect other people are mentioning.

on 11/14/2018 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super!!! I have reactive skin in wintertime. Whatever skin care routine I try, my skin turns reddish, itchy, sensitive like hell. Immeditely after applying this serum, my skin calms down and feels more comfortable. I do not know what the long term benefits are, but the immediate effect is just great.

on 10/20/2018 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I usually avoid Vichy because of the fragrance but this is pleasantly fragrance free and void of other irritating ingredients. I’m still on the fence about Hyaluronic acid products and whether they actually do anything. I’ve tried quite a few and after using up the entire bottle of this, I’m still not sure. However, it didn’t make me greasy or break me out which is a bonus. Stickiness is a problem for me with a lot of serums and can make my skin look worse (cough.. the ordinary), so Vichy got the texture right. I just don’t know if I ‘need it’.

I am on my second bottle of this product. I usually don't think HA does much. I live in dry CA which may have something to do with it. My skin is combination in the true sense. I am oily in the t-zone and dry everywhere else. I have been doing hot yoga lately and experimented with putting this on my face before class because I noticed that my skin would feel dehydrated afterward. With this serum, my skin actually glowed after class. Then it got me thinking that this may be better served being applied after a hot shower while my skin was still damp. Yes! it also works fantastically that way. I guess that supported my hypothesis about HA and neccessary humidity to draw water into the skin. I also like using it then applying a heavier moisturizer to my non t-zone areas. But key for me with HA is in the steam.

on 5/9/2018 7:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Really nice stuff, I use morning and night under some CeraVe cream. I tried the $$$ Rodan + Fields hydration serum and this one gives same results.

on 4/6/2018 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use it after La Roche Posay Redermic R serum (with retinol). It calms my skin and moisturizes it enough so I don't have any dry areas on my skin caused by retinol. In the summer I will use it under my sunscreen because titanium dioxide and zinc oxide which can be found in many sunscreens dry out my skin too.

on 12/5/2017 4:05:00 PM

Favourite new skin care product. I love Vichy products in general anyway, and I had to try this after seeing pretty much unanimous good reviews for this product everywhere I looked (it even won an Oprah O-ward lol). I think the reason everyone likes this is because it's really basic ingredient list (only eleven ingredients) and absence of parabens, fragrance, alcohol, oil or silicone makes it highly unlikely to irritate anyone's skin or cause them to break out. I know MY biggest fear when I try new skin care is that it will make my skin worse by causing pimples or clogged pores...or worse! But this is an absolutely gentle clear gel in really cool packaging ( bubbles suspended in the gel! Looks so refreshing!), and it's 89 percent Vichy Thermal water...with the remaining 11 percent made up of hyaluronic acid and glycerin (and thickening agents. So yeah, basically the Vichy Thermal water in gel form....
Last winter I used the Vichy Thermal power serum with hyaluronic acid, because I was looking for a basic "booster" to give my skin some extra hydration...but eventually I had to stop using it as I suspect it was clogging my pores. I still have half of the bottle left sitting on my dresser daring me to use it...and I still might because I'm weak like that about using subpar products to avoid wasting them lol....
But THIS is the product I was waiting for! No frills, no extreme claims. It's the first step in my skin care regimen (after cleansing) before adding my various other oils, creams, lotions, sprays. So it's not the main player for my combo/dry/sensitive/Canadian winterized skin...but it is a nice boost. When I put it on I feel my skin cooling and drinking it in... similar to the feeling of putting Aloe Vera on a sunburn. It absorbs instantly, leaves no residue or shine, skin feels soft and silky, works under makeup, works with all your other skin care products...and really is suitable for all skin types. Oily skin may even be able to use this alone.
Price was $39 Canadian, I bought it on sale for $31...feels a bit pricey for what it is, it's not a super anti aging serum or anything, just a hyaluronic acid moisture boost...but I feel it's worth it and will repurchase. Recommended!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this in sample form for a few days and I will be purchasing a bottle of it today. It is an excellent layer to use for hydrating and boosting the effectiveness of your moisturizer, as well as speeding up cell turnover, calming skin, and I'm sure many other benefits! Super lightweight, easy to apply and absorb, works well with many other products, non-stinging (I, too, have very sensitive and breakout prone skin), and super comfortable. In one use I saw a big difference in my skin: hydrating as well as appearance/glow. This may be my favourite Vichy product I've yet to try, in the past 20 years I've been using them. It works amazingly under makeup too, so, I am using it am & pm. Highly recommended. A+