VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 30-35
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

3.8

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 11/28/2018 11:39:00 AM

Only barely hydrates dry skin and pills like crazy. Avoid!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A pretty simple/basic face serum for those who breakout with fragrance or certain ingredients - this breaks it down to the bare minimum, 11 ingredients, many of which are humectants. Excellent for combination and oily skin types right before a light moisturizer, very oily would probably be able to skip and find this sufficient on its own. For drier skin types (such as my mothers) it works great before a heavier moisturizer and makes it do its job better (she is adamant about this!).
Love the bottle it comes in, the simplistic formula and the lightweight but sufficient hydration it gives my skin...I can use this AM and PM without breaking or turning oily. It's just the right level for me. And only need a few drops at most before applying my CC cream/SPF. Love it.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

This has been a godsend for my dehrydrated skin with compromised moisture barrier. I apply one pump to a damp face, let it dry (it leaves a tacky feel at first) and follow up with my normal moisturiser. It never pills and just boosts the effects of my moisturiser in the most lovely way. I think this product is best for people who are sensitive to a lot of the ingredients in some of the fancier serums - the short ingredients list is actual what attracted me to this serum-gel. Plus it's totally fragrance free and safe for skin prone to fungal acne. It has made a big difference in how hydrated my skin is and I feel like I'm finally making progress on repairing the damage I did from over exfoliation.

After going through a couple 5 ml samples I don't think this does any serious hydration, at least not to justify adding this booster to my routine. It's a nice gel, absorbs rather quickly, but it's slightly tacky to touch. Vichy promises it will boost moisture and plump skin up, aside from the promise of relatively simple formula (89% is their thermal water) that leaves out a lot of things that are supposed to be bad (debatable issue). My skin loves hyaluronic acid a lot because it plumps skin instantly and the hydration increase from hyaluronic acid is hard to replicate with other humectants. However, Vichy didn't plump my skin and the moisture boost I could notice was insignificant compared to what HA does usually. My guess is that there is very little actual HA in there as the gel also contains 4 thickening/gelling ingredients aside from HA (and there are 11 ingredients in total) that aren't adding anything positive to skin such as acting as humectants. It's like putting lube on skin, adds some slip and wets skin, but nothing more. I do appreciate Vichy for using glass bottle as it's more recyclable than plastic junk, and that they made a rare fragrance-free product, but there are so many plain HA products that offer much better performance that are also packaged in glass and don't have a long ingredient lists.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product. It's very hydrating and strengthens the skin overall. I use it after cleansing and toning, and before my serum and moisturizer. You can use this on your eyes and all over your face (even on the eye lids). It brightens my skin and makes it more soft. I noticed a difference almost immediately from using this. Now I couldn't imagine my routine without it. I definitely recommend checking out this product!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to wait a solid month before reviewing this. In the past I’ve always found Vichy products to be WAY too fragrant and though some still are, this product is totally scent/dye free. If you’re combo/oily I would highly recommend m89 (sounds like a gun). I’ve used it a few different ways but the most effective has been applying it after my toner, letting it soak in for a sec. I use about a half pump for my whole face. After about 5 mins, I’ll apply another 1/4 pump to my dryer areas (cheeks, lips, under eyes). This does wonders for chapped lips! Then I’ll apply my h.a/b5 serum, and then a few dabs of cliniques moisture surge. Now that I’ve hit the magic “30” I’ve had to up the ante on moisture and this has been a fantastic addition to my s.c routine and it’s not insanely expensive either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I’m not a fan of Vichy usually I find there products containing to much fragrance. This one doesn’t it’s free of allot of other things to such as alcohol and parabens. The bottle appealed to me so wanted to give this a shot. This is a light clear gel serum with no scent, it did not feel sticky on my face. After using the whole bottle I can say that I don’t see any results, I even suspect this gave me a reaction around my chin area. I would not repurchase this because I don’t see the benefits and my skin does not like this product (dry to normal/eczema sensitive).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't a fan of Vichy cause i once bought a cream for imperfections and it was very heavy.This was really good for a while.I woke up one day and i wasn't oily at all.I put a cleaning mask the day before and the mineral after that and couldn't believe it.But i guess it was just the mask,cause i use it for over a month and i don't see any difference.I mean serums are supposed to extend the duration of creams.I had estee lauder's matte day wear and Vichy helped me.Now that i use Frezyderm(a greek company) the cream alone lasts 6 hours and with the booster 6 hours.So no difference.So i don't know.Maybe for dry skin is better.I am searching for something else.

The texture is very nice and it non sticky, non greasy. Very hydrating and ultras a few for my sensitive skin, I can even apply it around the eye area. It's a must have and 1st part of my skincare routine and after I apply my Mineral 89, I apply my other serums and It compliments every serum and moisturiser I apply, may it be day or night. Those days that I am on a rush, Mineral 89 is my 1 product on the go and then I apply sunscreen and I still feel that I did my full skincare regime.

on 3/13/2018 11:38:00 AM

Im in love with this gel/serum!!!, Im combination oily and this has been a life saver. From the start you can feel this hydrating fluid moisturizing your face the entire time you are using it, it provides great moisture and comfort, especially if some harsh treatments are being used... At first I thought this is just mineral water with some hyaluronic acid..but oh my God, it has become a HG product, love.