VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 25-29
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

I have a love-hate relationship with this product.
I started using it in the fall when the weather was getting colder. I don't like the way it feels on my face. It's kinda slimy and I absolutely hate how my skin feels after it dries. It's not smooth but it's not rough either.

Although it has minimal ingredients, it felt heavy on my face and I don't know why! My skin wasn't so plumped too as they claimed.

Now for the good part: My skin didn't flake, which is a good thing because I have combo skin and my cheeks flake a lot during winter.
My skin was hydrated throughout those cold days.

I love the blue gradient bottle and its travel easy. So there's that.

I have to admit I thought this product was a gimmick. "What the heck is mineral thermal water? Water is water." I said to myself after receiving a sample. NOPE, I was wrong. This stuff is awesome. I am not a big fan of potions and primers and toners and blah... I like to keep things simple. However, this is worth it.

I work at a computer all day and have problems with my eyes. I also get migraines and it makes me scrunch my face a lot. People have started asking me constantly the past couple years if I'm tired/frustrated/grumpy when I'm not... (RBF for those that know). My boss even kept pointing out my frown lines. I was starting to feel really embarrassed about it but Botox is not in my budget and I really feel like that is a bit of an extreme step at 29. But I got this in the mail and decided to try it for a while....

Three months in, I have really noticed a change. The lines really are lighter and the skin around my eyes looks smoother and less dark. It obviously doesn't remove the lines (no product can) but I think it plumps the skin well and relaxes it. It also has helped my rosacea/redness on my cheeks immensely. It doesn't make me break out at all but makes my skin feel softer like an oil would.

I was a little put off by the price but my sample lasted forever so I discovered that it really is worth the price and bought a bottle. If you are on a tight budget like me, wait for a sale. I have had the same bottle for months and still going. You really only need a couple drops. I use it once a day on my whole face as a moisturizer, then at night around my eyes and frown lines under a thicker moisturizer. At night I take the time to massage around my eyes/eyebrows and I think that helps too.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Hmm... not much to say about this stuff. I got it as a sample from Ulta and that's the only reason I tried it. The consistency is a lot like hand sanitizer. Once you spread it on your face, it feels like oil. And it dries quickly like rubbing alcohol. I have very oily skin and it dries my skin out a bit. Not good for someone with very dry skin. I haven't noticed any short term effects. My skin feels the same. It didn't break me out. Nothing. It did nothing. Maybe there are some long term effects, who knows. I probably won't pay for this product in order to find out because I doubt Vichy has found the fountain of youth.

on 12/17/2018 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most lightweight hydrating serum I have ever used. This serum is for all skin types, but for oily acne prone skin it's really a wonderful gift. When it's absorbed you will feel nothing on the skin, it deeply hydrates your skin. 10/10 for the quality and packaging. 8/10 for the price. I hope it will a bit cheaper or Vichy always has twin pack of Vichy 89 at good price :P

on 10/8/2018 8:28:00 AM

Based on positive reviews I read, I decided to give it a try. However, I wasn't impressed at all.

I didn't like its' strange gel-y consistency, that over time I got used to it. Anyway, it just doesn't to its job my skin wasn't hydrated at all after applying it.

on 9/25/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Worth the price; works as well as any other more expensive serum!

on 5/12/2018 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm so glad I took a chance with this one and bought it on a whim because it's absolutely perfect for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. It doesn't do much on its own but when mixed with actives or layered under them it gives them, well, a boost! The bottle is kind of heavy and cumbersome to travel with though I do appreciate the hygienic pump packaging and the fact that the clear bottle lets you see how much product is left. I will definitely repurchase this one when it runs out.

on 3/5/2018 1:50:00 AM

This product is funny because I didn’t really know why I bought it, just to try and because I love french pharmacy beauty routines. But honestly within weeks it became a total HG for me and when I finished my first bottle I definitely missed it and quickly bought another. What it does: -because of the special thermal water, it strengthens your skin. Meaning (at least for me) my sensitive easily reddened skin feels and looks more evenly toned, pimples and imperfections are noticeably smaller than before and my pores look smaller as well -there’s hyaluronic acid which instantly plumps your skin (which is why I use it as a toner every morning on face and neck) -feels very soothing and fresh applying it- it’s a unique gel like consistency which absorbs instantly and with zero residue, unlike anything I’ve ever tried. I have combo skin (sometimes more oily in summer) and it doesn’t add to shine at all, but great at hydrating all skin types. Dry and combo skin will need a moisturizer on top probably and everyone should use an SPF on top for daytime -finally I love the glass bottle with a pump. I just wish there was a mini size so I could bring it to the gym and take it in flights with me!

on 1/28/2018 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was gifted a bottle of Mineral 69 while attending an educating Vichy seminar right after its launch and have just finished the bottle.

They told us that it's not a serum but a "booster" to include to your routine after your toner and before serum. It's basically Vichy's thermal water rich in mineral elements with some hyaluronic acid included and formulated in a thicker form. It's meant to strengthen your skin's defence against external factors, help the following skincare products to be absorbed deeper and add some moisture. Not meant to be used alone but would be handy even on its own for those who don't like applying creams on their face, men etc

I like the packaging a lot and the pump is really sturdy. Feels like a wet gel and absorbs fast. I feel that I need to use less serum afterwards because the skin feels fresh and plump already. Slightly sticky upon application but this sensation disappears quickly. Lasts a surprisingly long time too. What I didn't like is that my La Roche Posay Anthelios fluid sunscreen would ball up over this so I used it only at night during summer. The price is also somewhat unreasonable for thickened up water. Do I consider Mineral 69 an essential step for my skincare? No, not really. Does it add something extra to my skin feeling fresher? Yes it does. I like it but I'm not amazed.