Ion Color Brilliance Bright White creme toner

4.3

on 10/31/2017 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My review is for the shade: Spring Blossom

I previously made a new review page for this thinking I was the first to review the line after a search pulled up nothing. It turns out KillerKungFuWolfBitch was the first, and deserves credit for creating this.

Okay let's see... Ion is one of the very VERY few companies smart enough to release a pink-based toner for toning blondes. It does have a smidgen of purple to counteract the yellow pigment in brassy hair. But dominantly, this is obviously a baby pink undertone.

This.will.not.turn.your.hair.the.shade.on.the.box. If you want pastel hair, this isn't the product. Hell, even the swatches at Sallys are more colorful than the result. But these are true toners, meaning it only affects the underlying undertone. THIS is where Blond Brilliance effed up with their line of color toners (I.E Misty Rose... which turned my hair bright pink). Whatever slight color you do end up with, washes out after the next shower. You will be left with a beautiful shade of blonde. So do not be afraid to try the ION Brilliant Whites. There are other shades to choose from, I go for the pink because oddly enough its more flattering on me than a straight up violet or too cool undertone. It looks a lot more natural on me. Which is why I wish more companies would release a pink based toner.

One thing I will note is your hair has to be bleached to at least a level 9 (very light gold) for these to have any effect. They are not formulated to lift the hair. So your hair has to be lighter than the shade depicted.

I am going to try concocting my own pink based toner independently at some point. But I'm not sure what could compete with Spring Blossom. ION did an impressive job this time.

on 10/20/2017 7:07:00 PM

My hair is blonde and the texture is baby fine hair, i give it a break between bleaching roots 2 times a year. I was tired of bleaching and burning the hair to a crisp. Have a bob a la' Charlize Theron shoulder length. Use Violet base Blonde typically.
Recently walked into Sallys and although grabbing T-18, I happen to see ION (Sallys Beauty Supply brand) Bright White toner in SNOW CAP. Packaging looks icy metallic. Bought it, went to my stylist, did the brassy roots..with double violet Redken w 40 developer. then to use the toner on the Yellow banana roots used SNOW CAP TONER...it came out aaaamazing !!! Nice rich cream toner only used half tube. Great shine on hair. It did deliver shine and texture felt great. Will continue to use. It gets rid of nasty yellow from bleach (tried it on my friend) beautiful color as in Frozen-White blonde! just right for the money!

I bought this in Snow Cap and another that I forgot the name of, but it had a blue violet base. I mixed both together to get a shade that turned lovely. Unfortunately it didn't last long. I think I'll stick with my go-to formula for post bleaching toning. But I'll definitely use this product for a bi monthly refresh. The color is lovely and it really gives my hair shine.