Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

4.1

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD

I’ve always been a makeup lover. Sat out on purchasing this for over a year, and not really sure why. I’ve owned a lot of eyeshadow palettes from a variety of brands over the years, and this one has become a standard.

PROS: comparable palettes can be upwards of $49, for $38 I feel it’s a fair price for the number of shades you get. Sooo many looks can be created from this, there’s a big range of color stories to choose from. I would recommend this to a beginner or to someone who doesn’t necessarily own a lot of palettes.

CONS: I wish there were a more broad range of matte shades and not just a bunch of browns/neutrals that are only slightly different from one another. I also found some of the foiled shades difficult to blend out, but I was able to after like 30 minutes. This palette is not ideal for someone who travels a lot, it’s not exactly small. It would’ve been nice of JH/morphe to include shade names on them, and a mirror. Lastly, the outer packaging is white so it gets dirty very easily. If you’re someone who cares about that, just something to be aware of.

Overall I’m satisfied with it.

on 9/14/2018 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This palette is a great value. The eyeshadows blend nicely and it has a good color story. I could have done without the blues and greens but it's fine. If you are not a makeup junkie like me this palette could be a staple.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was very excited to buy this palette, in spite of the iffy things I had heard about Morphe, but I ended up being very disappointed with it. I took it back to Ulta and got the ABH Norvina palette instead, which is a 10000% better purchase for me. The color scheme of this palette is gorgeous, and in the pan everything looks really nice. I can look at this palette and think of a fair number of looks to come up with, even with the fact that they're laid out from lightest to darkest. The mattes swatched pretty nicely, and they seemed to be pretty high-quality. It was the shimmers--the thing that sold me on this palette in the first place--that were weird and gross to me. They had a decidedly waxy/sticky texture when I touched them, and it seemed to go all the way through. When I took the one I got online back into Ulta, I thought it might have been a fluke since I never heard anyone say anything weird about the texture of the shimmers in this palette. I tried their tester, and it was the same thing. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but it did not feel like a product I wanted to put on or near my eyes. Every single one of the shimmer shadows I swatched in both the palette I received from Ulta.com and the one I swatched in Ulta felt this way. I assume that it is something in these shadows that makes them pack on more pigment or something, because they did *look* nice swatched, but again, I did not want to put something that felt unlike any pressed shadow I have ever tried (in a bad way) onto my face.

on 5/12/2018 5:49:00 PM

I was finally able to snag this palette at Ulta when I was visiting Seattle last weekend!!! I didn't even know Ulta carried Morphe / Colourpop let alone collab products (thought they were exclusively online only)!!!!

I do find this palette pretty expensive for being a Morphe palette considering their other palettes are $23, this one is $38. I know Jaclyn said the e/s in her palette have differently formulas which is true.... coz there are a lot of inconsistency in the colors LOL I am happy that Jaclyn did include pops of colors in this palette and didn't keep them all neutrals. I do however, wish that where the pans were, the material was "glossy" so that it would be easier to clean. it's just paper and when fall out gets on there, trying to wipe it off doesn't work and it just smears everywhere and it looks like a hot mess.

Some of the colors are extremely pigmented and apply very nicely and blend out beautifully. Other colors aren't as pigmented and I need to keep dipping my brush in repeatedly to get more color. Perhaps I'll try using my fingers next time (although using my fingers isn't my preferred method of application when working with powder e/s).

All in all, You can definitely create a full eye look with it but I prefer the Carli Bybel one. Also, i find that the quality of e/s in the CB palette is far superior (without any "misses") than this Jaclyn one and the CB one is significantly cheaper as well.

on 5/6/2018 3:12:00 PM

Hands down, this is a great eye shadow palette. I waited quite a while before buying this because I didn't think I needed it. I actually don't need any eyeshadows ever because I am makeup hoarder. Then I started seeing youtube videos about it and it intrigued me. Now that I have the palette, I really did need it and here's why...this palette has everything. There are great highlight shades, transition shades, neutrals, warm tones, cool tones, and a few bright pops of color. This palette is ideal for everyone. A lot of time and thought was put into this palette. The matte shades are soft and velvety and there are some shimmer shades that almost feel wet because they go on so creamy. I found almost all the shades to blend like a dream. I love the soft transition shades. I don't care that it doesn't have a mirror or that it's a larger palette. I love it. The price is great, $38 and they always have some kind of a code for 10% off.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have to say this is an extremely good pallet. Knowing she is a perfectionist just from her you tube channel you can tell she worked hard. I don't like the packaging with. Names on the back. That's only complaint. ALL THE SHADOWS are very pigmented and blend seamlessly. It seams there is a matte shimmer and texture colors with about four color stories. Maybe that in my head. LoL. Great colors, Great job Jaclyn

on 3/21/2018 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I really think this is the best place for beginners to start. This product is pigmented, the shadows are buildable, and you get a ton of warm & neutral shadows w/ just a few pops of color. I really feel like I don't need to buy any other palettes since this really covers the essentials.

on 2/17/2018 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Colours are so so so good. The mattes are so buttery and blendable -honestly the nicest mattes I've ever encountered - and the shimmers are so so so pigmented it's surreal. This is my H O L Y G R A I L. If you don't have it and are considering getting it- get it, but be careful of the fakes that are wandering the internet. This palette is amazing, but I do have two small things I dislike about this palette : there is no matte white and no mirror. I feel if they add this it to the product it would honestly be perfection. Could not recommend it enough.

UPDATE: I ordered an obvious dupe from Value Makers (Beauty Glazed did a similar dupe). It's cheaper plus the colors are 90-100% similar. Texture is buttery, just like the original and I can pick up the shimmer/bright shades so much better. So better save your money for a good dupe. I used this palette for over a month now. This is my heartbreaking, honest opinion (bought it without discount and with my own money): PRO: - 35 shades - every color is beautiful - pretty packaging - buildable & blendable (even the matte eyeshadows) - last long on primed, setted eyelids (mine tend to get oily) - shimmer shades have an amazing texture (buttery, smooth and they also feel a bit wet) Neutral: - price (you pay 38$ for 35 single eyeshadows) - no card with shade names (the new packaging has them on the back but I'd rather have them where the printed sentence "This is for my..." is) CON: - pigmentation varies alot - matte shades are too chalky & uncomfortable to work with - no mirror - availability is an issue - packaging tends to get dirty very quickly & easily - instead of so many similar colors, a hot matte pink, matte highlight for brow bone, a shimmery lavender/bluish purple (duochrome) or a holographic shade (I'd die for that) would have been better

on 12/17/2017 9:56:00 PM

This is my 3rd Morphe palette, I literally just picked it up 2 days ago at Ulta for $38, so I 've only used it twice, but man are these buttery/pigmented shadows, that last all day! I'm super excited to get a lot of mileage out of this palette.. There's such a great color selection and even the 4 or 5 louder colors are still SUPER wearable for me at 48 yo when done right.. Definitely recommend.