Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

3.0

1 review

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This palette is impressive as the range of shades and finishes make it a very inclusive palette; it can be used for a variety of complete eye looks, covering every occasion, season & holiday, with a variety of shades to suit every skintone - such a major plus, with including everyone with this. I have liked the majority of looks I've done to date. The blendability is mostly good - I've noticed that layering a matte shadow over a shimmer one when shadowing the edges of the eye can be iffy to blend out. There isn't much fallout compared to the other palette from Morphe that I've used in the past. To get a good idea about the wearability of the shadows, I haven't been using eyeshadow primer with this palette and found that for the most part the pigmentation is really nice and there is no fading.

However I do have a issue with the pigmentation on the last four shades; none of them apply as dark as they look in their pans, and are a bit on the patchy side. They build up okay, but still look a bit muted. The two shimmery highlight shades are very similar, a few of the shimmery neutrals aren't hugely different and there are a few warm neutral matte shades that end up looking pretty much the same after they've been applied and blended too. I'd much prefer it if some of the close-matching neutral shades hadn't been included and the 'colour pop' bottom-left corner had been expanded a bit; I pull in a mid-tone purple matte and/or a mid-tone pink matte from elsewhere to complement the three different tones of shimmery pink and the lovely purple shimmer, so would have loved to have had a pink and lighter purple and/or lilac matte. A blue matte would also have been nice, to compliment the blue shimmer.

I don't outright regret buying this palette, but I'd be unlikely to replace it if lost or damaged it, now that my curiosity about it has been settled; there has been a quality increase as far as the brand goes, but I have a few issues with too many similar warm tones, the quality of a few of the shadows, which stop me from loving this palette. Added to that is the size of the palette; the size makes getting it out of where I keep my palettes, handling it and then storing it back away, less than practical. I'd never even seen a Jaclyn Hill tutorial until after I'd bought one of the Jaclyn Hill palettes to see what looks she did with it, so having a particular name attached to it didn't influence my purchase or effect my overall opinion of it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials