Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

4.1

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was very excited to buy this palette, in spite of the iffy things I had heard about Morphe, but I ended up being very disappointed with it. I took it back to Ulta and got the ABH Norvina palette instead, which is a 10000% better purchase for me. The color scheme of this palette is gorgeous, and in the pan everything looks really nice. I can look at this palette and think of a fair number of looks to come up with, even with the fact that they're laid out from lightest to darkest. The mattes swatched pretty nicely, and they seemed to be pretty high-quality. It was the shimmers--the thing that sold me on this palette in the first place--that were weird and gross to me. They had a decidedly waxy/sticky texture when I touched them, and it seemed to go all the way through. When I took the one I got online back into Ulta, I thought it might have been a fluke since I never heard anyone say anything weird about the texture of the shimmers in this palette. I tried their tester, and it was the same thing. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but it did not feel like a product I wanted to put on or near my eyes. Every single one of the shimmer shadows I swatched in both the palette I received from Ulta.com and the one I swatched in Ulta felt this way. I assume that it is something in these shadows that makes them pack on more pigment or something, because they did *look* nice swatched, but again, I did not want to put something that felt unlike any pressed shadow I have ever tried (in a bad way) onto my face.

on 5/18/2018 11:30:00 PM

To make a long story short, I'm not sure if the palette I received from Ulta is a dud or if that is the quality of the Jaclyn Hill palette itself.
Pros: The wide array of color selection gives the user many options for different eye looks. I like that there are a lot of mattes and a different variety of finishes so that it makes it very easy to create a full look.
Cons: Where do I start here? The biggest issue I have with this palette is that the blendablity and pigmentation of this palette leaves much to be desired. The lighter matte shades in the top row have almost no color pay off and I find that all the mattes in general tend to go on the eye patchy and are difficult to blend out. As far as the shimmers go, the pigment is seriously lacking and I found myself having to dig into the eye shadow pan and build it up several times to get the smallest amount of pigment off of it.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this palette because I think you can get palettes of much better quality for your money. I gave this palette 3 stars because it is a very average "okay" but not fantastic product.

on 5/12/2018 5:49:00 PM

I was finally able to snag this palette at Ulta when I was visiting Seattle last weekend!!! I didn't even know Ulta carried Morphe / Colourpop let alone collab products (thought they were exclusively online only)!!!!

I do find this palette pretty expensive for being a Morphe palette considering their other palettes are $23, this one is $38. I know Jaclyn said the e/s in her palette have differently formulas which is true.... coz there are a lot of inconsistency in the colors LOL I am happy that Jaclyn did include pops of colors in this palette and didn't keep them all neutrals. I do however, wish that where the pans were, the material was "glossy" so that it would be easier to clean. it's just paper and when fall out gets on there, trying to wipe it off doesn't work and it just smears everywhere and it looks like a hot mess.

Some of the colors are extremely pigmented and apply very nicely and blend out beautifully. Other colors aren't as pigmented and I need to keep dipping my brush in repeatedly to get more color. Perhaps I'll try using my fingers next time (although using my fingers isn't my preferred method of application when working with powder e/s).

All in all, You can definitely create a full eye look with it but I prefer the Carli Bybel one. Also, i find that the quality of e/s in the CB palette is far superior (without any "misses") than this Jaclyn one and the CB one is significantly cheaper as well.

on 12/28/2017 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My 13 year old had me buy this for her as a birthday gift for her 13th birthday.
She. loves. it.

But she's 13 so this is a big deal for her. (When she was 9 or 10 she made me get her the Urban Decay Electric Palette so her tastes have certainly evolved)

She is a makeup junkie already - and she's frikkin' 13.

Anyhow - the palette itself is midpriced and the shadows seem OK(I don't use it - it's her palette). A few of the red-orange tones are way too orange for most people. There are also some bold blues/greens.

For a gift - it's very nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was given this palette for my birthday by my husband. After looking online at the cost, and the drama, he paid way too much. BTW, I got the new packaging.

It's typical Morphe eyeshadow, with three or four unique shades. I personally liked Jada, Hunts, Firework and Pool Party. Dupes of the shades in this palette are pretty easy to find. As a matter of fact, both Venus palettes from Lime Crime have pretty much all of these colors, except Pool Party, Jada, Royalty and Beam. Disappointed because I already have the Venus palettes.

Underwhelming. Super sweet gift from my hubby, but not much originality on the designer's part and typical Morphe performance. The packaging is just, packaging. Plain. Looks like they tried to make it match iPhones.

NEXT.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This palette is impressive as the range of shades and finishes make it a very inclusive palette; it can be used for a variety of complete eye looks, covering every occasion, season & holiday, with a variety of shades to suit every skintone - such a major plus, with including everyone with this. I have liked the majority of looks I've done to date. The blendability is mostly good - I've noticed that layering a matte shadow over a shimmer one when shadowing the edges of the eye can be iffy to blend out. There isn't much fallout compared to the other palette from Morphe that I've used in the past. To get a good idea about the wearability of the shadows, I haven't been using eyeshadow primer with this palette and found that for the most part the pigmentation is really nice and there is no fading.

However I do have a issue with the pigmentation on the last four shades; none of them apply as dark as they look in their pans, and are a bit on the patchy side. They build up okay, but still look a bit muted. The two shimmery highlight shades are very similar, a few of the shimmery neutrals aren't hugely different and there are a few warm neutral matte shades that end up looking pretty much the same after they've been applied and blended too. I'd much prefer it if some of the close-matching neutral shades hadn't been included and the 'colour pop' bottom-left corner had been expanded a bit; I pull in a mid-tone purple matte and/or a mid-tone pink matte from elsewhere to complement the three different tones of shimmery pink and the lovely purple shimmer, so would have loved to have had a pink and lighter purple and/or lilac matte. A blue matte would also have been nice, to compliment the blue shimmer.

I don't outright regret buying this palette, but I'd be unlikely to replace it if lost or damaged it, now that my curiosity about it has been settled; there has been a quality increase as far as the brand goes, but I have a few issues with too many similar warm tones, the quality of a few of the shadows, which stop me from loving this palette. Added to that is the size of the palette; the size makes getting it out of where I keep my palettes, handling it and then storing it back away, less than practical. I'd never even seen a Jaclyn Hill tutorial until after I'd bought one of the Jaclyn Hill palettes to see what looks she did with it, so having a particular name attached to it didn't influence my purchase or effect my overall opinion of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

in looooooveeeeeeee with this palette, so versatile, the only 2 shades that im not happy with is the shimmery purple and royal blue (ew)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Beautiful, pigmented shades that compliment eachother perfectly and blend very well.

on 5/6/2018 3:12:00 PM

Hands down, this is a great eye shadow palette. I waited quite a while before buying this because I didn't think I needed it. I actually don't need any eyeshadows ever because I am makeup hoarder. Then I started seeing youtube videos about it and it intrigued me. Now that I have the palette, I really did need it and here's why...this palette has everything. There are great highlight shades, transition shades, neutrals, warm tones, cool tones, and a few bright pops of color. This palette is ideal for everyone. A lot of time and thought was put into this palette. The matte shades are soft and velvety and there are some shimmer shades that almost feel wet because they go on so creamy. I found almost all the shades to blend like a dream. I love the soft transition shades. I don't care that it doesn't have a mirror or that it's a larger palette. I love it. The price is great, $38 and they always have some kind of a code for 10% off.

on 2/17/2018 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Colours are so so so good. The mattes are so buttery and blendable -honestly the nicest mattes I've ever encountered - and the shimmers are so so so pigmented it's surreal. This is my H O L Y G R A I L. If you don't have it and are considering getting it- get it, but be careful of the fakes that are wandering the internet. This palette is amazing, but I do have two small things I dislike about this palette : there is no matte white and no mirror. I feel if they add this it to the product it would honestly be perfection. Could not recommend it enough.