Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

4.1

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD

on 10/28/2018 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- 35 shades. Good color selection. They wear well.I wish more palettes would offer so many shades
- The blue/aqua hues are gorgeous. I wish more palettes had these adventurous colors.

Cons
- Quality. Something irritated my eyes the first time I wore this. My eyes were red for like 24 hours after I removed the makeup. I've never experienced anything like it with any other brand/product for the eye area. Has anyone else had this happen?
- Jaclyn Hill's reputation. Watch those YouTube documentaries.

on 8/24/2017 10:45:00 PM

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! My package never arrived and I have been calling for weeks. Each person says they will do something and I'll have to wait a few weeks and then I call back and they did NOTHING and they tell me I have to wait another couple weeks before they will reship the product. I have been calling customer service for 5 weeks and they just told me now I'll have to wait another 2 weeks. CANCELLED. Not worth this stress.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was very excited to buy this palette, in spite of the iffy things I had heard about Morphe, but I ended up being very disappointed with it. I took it back to Ulta and got the ABH Norvina palette instead, which is a 10000% better purchase for me. The color scheme of this palette is gorgeous, and in the pan everything looks really nice. I can look at this palette and think of a fair number of looks to come up with, even with the fact that they're laid out from lightest to darkest. The mattes swatched pretty nicely, and they seemed to be pretty high-quality. It was the shimmers--the thing that sold me on this palette in the first place--that were weird and gross to me. They had a decidedly waxy/sticky texture when I touched them, and it seemed to go all the way through. When I took the one I got online back into Ulta, I thought it might have been a fluke since I never heard anyone say anything weird about the texture of the shimmers in this palette. I tried their tester, and it was the same thing. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but it did not feel like a product I wanted to put on or near my eyes. Every single one of the shimmer shadows I swatched in both the palette I received from Ulta.com and the one I swatched in Ulta felt this way. I assume that it is something in these shadows that makes them pack on more pigment or something, because they did *look* nice swatched, but again, I did not want to put something that felt unlike any pressed shadow I have ever tried (in a bad way) onto my face.

UPDATE: I ordered an obvious dupe from Value Makers (Beauty Glazed did a similar dupe). It's cheaper plus the colors are 90-100% similar. Texture is buttery, just like the original and I can pick up the shimmer/bright shades so much better. So better save your money for a good dupe. I used this palette for over a month now. This is my heartbreaking, honest opinion (bought it without discount and with my own money): PRO: - 35 shades - every color is beautiful - pretty packaging - buildable & blendable (even the matte eyeshadows) - last long on primed, setted eyelids (mine tend to get oily) - shimmer shades have an amazing texture (buttery, smooth and they also feel a bit wet) Neutral: - price (you pay 38$ for 35 single eyeshadows) - no card with shade names (the new packaging has them on the back but I'd rather have them where the printed sentence "This is for my..." is) CON: - pigmentation varies alot - matte shades are too chalky & uncomfortable to work with - no mirror - availability is an issue - packaging tends to get dirty very quickly & easily - instead of so many similar colors, a hot matte pink, matte highlight for brow bone, a shimmery lavender/bluish purple (duochrome) or a holographic shade (I'd die for that) would have been better

on 5/18/2018 11:30:00 PM

To make a long story short, I'm not sure if the palette I received from Ulta is a dud or if that is the quality of the Jaclyn Hill palette itself.
Pros: The wide array of color selection gives the user many options for different eye looks. I like that there are a lot of mattes and a different variety of finishes so that it makes it very easy to create a full look.
Cons: Where do I start here? The biggest issue I have with this palette is that the blendablity and pigmentation of this palette leaves much to be desired. The lighter matte shades in the top row have almost no color pay off and I find that all the mattes in general tend to go on the eye patchy and are difficult to blend out. As far as the shimmers go, the pigment is seriously lacking and I found myself having to dig into the eye shadow pan and build it up several times to get the smallest amount of pigment off of it.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this palette because I think you can get palettes of much better quality for your money. I gave this palette 3 stars because it is a very average "okay" but not fantastic product.

on 5/12/2018 5:49:00 PM

I was finally able to snag this palette at Ulta when I was visiting Seattle last weekend!!! I didn't even know Ulta carried Morphe / Colourpop let alone collab products (thought they were exclusively online only)!!!!

I do find this palette pretty expensive for being a Morphe palette considering their other palettes are $23, this one is $38. I know Jaclyn said the e/s in her palette have differently formulas which is true.... coz there are a lot of inconsistency in the colors LOL I am happy that Jaclyn did include pops of colors in this palette and didn't keep them all neutrals. I do however, wish that where the pans were, the material was "glossy" so that it would be easier to clean. it's just paper and when fall out gets on there, trying to wipe it off doesn't work and it just smears everywhere and it looks like a hot mess.

Some of the colors are extremely pigmented and apply very nicely and blend out beautifully. Other colors aren't as pigmented and I need to keep dipping my brush in repeatedly to get more color. Perhaps I'll try using my fingers next time (although using my fingers isn't my preferred method of application when working with powder e/s).

All in all, You can definitely create a full eye look with it but I prefer the Carli Bybel one. Also, i find that the quality of e/s in the CB palette is far superior (without any "misses") than this Jaclyn one and the CB one is significantly cheaper as well.

I was excited to buy this palette but disapppointed after doing so. My drugstore "Bold Obsessions" palette is better than this one.

Packaging: good
Colors: pretty
Fallout: horrible! Have never had an eyeshadow have so much fallout.
Applying: it takes forever to build the colors up. The matte ones are a bit better than the glitter ones.

Would not repurchase. Not a product I'll be able to use as an every day product due to the above mentioned issues.

on 12/28/2017 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My 13 year old had me buy this for her as a birthday gift for her 13th birthday.
She. loves. it.

But she's 13 so this is a big deal for her. (When she was 9 or 10 she made me get her the Urban Decay Electric Palette so her tastes have certainly evolved)

She is a makeup junkie already - and she's frikkin' 13.

Anyhow - the palette itself is midpriced and the shadows seem OK(I don't use it - it's her palette). A few of the red-orange tones are way too orange for most people. There are also some bold blues/greens.

For a gift - it's very nice.

on 11/11/2017 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are good quality eyeshadows but for the price, I'd rather go Too Faced or Anastasia which have better formulas for a little more. It's not bad don't get me wrong but for me, Morphe hasn't nailed it quite yet. I say it's an upgrade from their normal 35 palettes but I wouldn't buy this again or say I truly recommend it. The verdict is if you want it, buy it, you won't be disappointed but if you're wondering if it's really worth it, I'd say nahhh. Also, doesn't last the whole day!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was given this palette for my birthday by my husband. After looking online at the cost, and the drama, he paid way too much. BTW, I got the new packaging.

It's typical Morphe eyeshadow, with three or four unique shades. I personally liked Jada, Hunts, Firework and Pool Party. Dupes of the shades in this palette are pretty easy to find. As a matter of fact, both Venus palettes from Lime Crime have pretty much all of these colors, except Pool Party, Jada, Royalty and Beam. Disappointed because I already have the Venus palettes.

Underwhelming. Super sweet gift from my hubby, but not much originality on the designer's part and typical Morphe performance. The packaging is just, packaging. Plain. Looks like they tried to make it match iPhones.

NEXT.