Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD

the palette is great quality and you get so many colors for $38 (+$7.95 shipping).Hello, yes a palette at Sephora may cost the same, but you get less than half the amount of eyeshadows that you do in the JH palette (which means way less amount of different looks). Every eyeshadow has amazing pigmentation and blends really well. The lasting power is great, though some shades do stain my eyes. The packaging does get really dirty which is my only gripe.

I love this palette. If you can get your hands on it do it. I paid $45 for it with shipping and tax fees, but it was definitely money well spent. So easy to blend. The pigmentation is really nice. The only thing I would've added is a mirror.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'd never even seen a Jaclyn Hill tutorial until after I'd bought one of the Jaclyn Hill palettes to see what looks she did with it, so having a particular name attached to it didn't influence my purchase or effect my overall opinion of it. I bought this palette because everyone on YouTube, Instagram and a ton of blogs, all showcased a wide variety of looks upon it's release, which I wanted to try to recreate...

This palette is impressive as it has 35 shades in, and the range of shades and finishes make it a very inclusive palette; it can be used for a variety of complete eye looks, covering every occasion, season & holiday, with a variety of shades to suit every skintone - such a major plus, with including everyone with this. I have liked the majority of looks I've done to date. The blendability is mostly good - I've noticed that layering a matte shadow over a shimmer one when shadowing the edges of the eye can be iffy to blend out. There isn't much fallout compared to the other palette from Morphe that I've used in the past. To get a good idea about the wearability of the shadows, I haven't been using eyeshadow primer with this palette and found that for the most part the pigmentation is really nice and there is no fading.

However I do have a issue with the pigmentation on the last four shades; none of them apply as dark as they look in their pans, and are a bit on the patchy side. They build up okay, but still look a bit muted. The two shimmery highlight shades are very similar, a few of the shimmery neutrals aren't hugely different and there are a few warm neutral matte shades that end up looking pretty much the same after they've been applied and blended too. I'd much prefer it if some of the close-matching neutral shades hadn't been included and the 'colour pop' bottom-left corner had been expanded a bit; I pull in a mid-tone purple matte and/or a mid-tone pink matte from elsewhere to complement the three different tones of shimmery pink and the lovely purple shimmer, so would have loved to have had a pink and lighter purple and/or lilac matte. A blue matte would also have been nice, to compliment the blue shimmer.

My big problem is that it turns out that the card with all of the shades names and their pan placement in the palette was only given to influencers (at least for non US/Canada customers), which is majorly annoying as I only bought this palette because I wanted to recreate the looks that sprang up in their thousands online around the palette's release, and now I've found that it is tricky to follow the tutorials along as most of the people just say "take shade Pukey, then Obsessed, followed by Firework", when regular customers don't have the name card and the shade names aren't printed anywhere on the palette or outer packaging in order for us to follow along. This palette is £37, so is £14 more then the usual £23 it costs for other 35 pan Morphe palettes and they've downgraded from plastic casing to card for this palette, so I think that having shade names printed underneath the pans isn't too much to ask for. Heck even getting the name card that all of the influencers got would have been welcome - Morphe don't usually name shades in their palettes, but why bother going the extra mile when the regular customer can't tell unless they go to the Morphe site and print off their own list? Seriously; Morphe had actually put up a print-off list on their site, because they're too cheap to include it with the -more-expensive-then-usual-but-has-cheaper-packaging palette, but after a few weeks they took it down again, so now we have to search Google.

[The packaging for this palette bought on the site or in Ulta stores will now be improved, with wipe-clean packaging and the shade names printed on the back of the palette - great news for Ulta customers or site customers in the US, but what about the other million plus Morphe customers in the world who have to rely on other retailers and will be stuck with the 'old' packaging?]

on 11/3/2017 8:08:00 PM

I love my JH Pallet!! Honestly the packaging is exactly what I would expect for $38 and it comes with so many gorgeous colors!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was given this palette for my birthday by my husband. After looking online at the cost, and the drama, he paid way too much. BTW, I got the new packaging.

It's typical Morphe eyeshadow, with three or four unique shades. I personally liked Jada, Hunts, Firework and Pool Party. Dupes of the shades in this palette are pretty easy to find. As a matter of fact, both Venus palettes from Lime Crime have pretty much all of these colors, except Pool Party, Jada, Royalty and Beam. Disappointed because I already have the Venus palettes.

Underwhelming. Super sweet gift from my hubby, but not much originality on the designer's part and typical Morphe performance. The packaging is just, packaging. Plain. Looks like they tried to make it match iPhones.

NEXT.

on 11/10/2017 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

love it, you can create SOOO many looks with this palette. the shadows are buttery, pigmented, and super blendable. totally worth the $38. there's not a lot of fall out, im just in love with this palette.

on 12/28/2017 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My 13 year old had me buy this for her as a birthday gift for her 13th birthday.
She. loves. it.

But she's 13 so this is a big deal for her. (When she was 9 or 10 she made me get her the Urban Decay Electric Palette so her tastes have certainly evolved)

She is a makeup junkie already - and she's frikkin' 13.

Anyhow - the palette itself is midpriced and the shadows seem OK(I don't use it - it's her palette). A few of the red-orange tones are way too orange for most people. There are also some bold blues/greens.

For a gift - it's very nice.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very good palette. The variety of shades is great and the formula is easy to work with. The packaging gets dirty easily and the shade names aren’t printed on the palette. I’m not a fan of the inflated price because it’s a collab but you still get a lot of quality shadows for less than $40.

on 2/17/2018 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Colours are so so so good. The mattes are so buttery and blendable -honestly the nicest mattes I've ever encountered - and the shimmers are so so so pigmented it's surreal. This is my H O L Y G R A I L. If you don't have it and are considering getting it- get it, but be careful of the fakes that are wandering the internet. This palette is amazing, but I do have two small things I dislike about this palette : there is no matte white and no mirror. I feel if they add this it to the product it would honestly be perfection. Could not recommend it enough.

on 5/6/2018 3:12:00 PM

Hands down, this is a great eye shadow palette. I waited quite a while before buying this because I didn't think I needed it. I actually don't need any eyeshadows ever because I am makeup hoarder. Then I started seeing youtube videos about it and it intrigued me. Now that I have the palette, I really did need it and here's why...this palette has everything. There are great highlight shades, transition shades, neutrals, warm tones, cool tones, and a few bright pops of color. This palette is ideal for everyone. A lot of time and thought was put into this palette. The matte shades are soft and velvety and there are some shimmer shades that almost feel wet because they go on so creamy. I found almost all the shades to blend like a dream. I love the soft transition shades. I don't care that it doesn't have a mirror or that it's a larger palette. I love it. The price is great, $38 and they always have some kind of a code for 10% off.