Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 36-43
Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

4.7

on 11/19/2017 6:16:00 PM

This is one of the first Morphe palette I purchase along with the much hyped 35O. I like this way better than the 35O due to its color selection and quality of shadow.

I must admit I bought this mostly because of the amazing purple shade - I am a big sucker for beautiful purple eyeshadows because I know how hard it is to get it right. And it did not disappoint. It is the most stunning royal purple I used on my eyelids and it lasts all day.

I do like the color selection although I feel like a lot of the shadows pull orange and I wished there are a few more cool toned neutrals thrown in there for a complete palette - I don't feel like that's a hard thing to do since there are 35 shadows she could've very sassily done that. That being said almost all the shadows are very pigmented and blends really well.

I do like the packaging from the outside but I wished instead of cardboard it comes in plastic. It also would've been nice if the shade names are printed next to the eyeshadows instead of in a piece of card.

Do I recommend this palette? Yes if you like to play with color I think you will enjoy this like I am. Would I repurchase? I don't think so - unless they can get rid of a few of the warm toned orangey shades and include something else interesting instead. But all in all a good palette and I do like it very much.

on 11/14/2017 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’m really not a fan of Jaclyn Hill and tend to avoid her on YouTube. However, this has received so many positive reviews and I have to agree ... this is a fantastic palette! A mix of cool and warm tones will keep most girls happy. Super pigmented and blendable. Love the metallic shades, almost like foil! Amazing value for money. Buy buy buy!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I see people complaining about the packaging but to me it's no big deal, it is a cheap quality packaging and very blah, however the shadows are beautiful and pigmented, I can't get enough of it, I been using it everyday since I bought it, the colors blend nicely, plus 38 dollars isn't bad at all for all those colors, I bought mine an Ulta and I used my 20% off coupon so I got a good deal, definitely recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not a fan of Morphe or Jaclyn Hill, but this is a great palette overall. The only things I dislike are:

1- color redundancy. There are too many same-ish colors, especially in the matte transition and crease shades. Also it's overwhelmingly warm toned. I wish the dupe-ish shades were cool toned transition and crease shades instead, just for variety.

2- the colors aren't labeled. I lost the little card that had the names, so I'll have to look them up to label when I depot.

3- packaging quality. No mirror, no labels, bulky and WHITE. That matte white finish is going to be a smudge-attracting nightmare if you care about the aesthetics. I'm going to depot so it's no biggie for me, but Jaclyn fans who want to preserve the palette in its original glory are NOT in for a treat.

All complaints aside, the colors are beautiful and swatch like a dream. I do not regret the purchase at all! The bright color shades are stunning. There really wasn't a dud in the whole batch when I swatched. I've only worn a few colors so far, but I have no complaints about the wear. I will get a lot of use out of this palette.

on 7/26/2017 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Fantastic palette! The eye shadows are of great quality and I don't have a problem with fall out. I always use an eye primer, for reference. Nice range of shimmer, matte and satin shades. Several options for transition shades. In fact, I feel like there could be less of those and replaced with a matte cream color shade for brow bone highlight. If she had incorporated that matte bone/cream shade then this palette would literally have everything I needed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 11/11/17: I bought a back up of this palette this week not that I’ve panned any of the colors but because it’s so dang perfect! The yellow can be used as a highlight, the blue is interesting (try applying w ur finger), the black is the only black eyeshadow I wear. So perf I just had to get another. And I have never rebought a big eyeshadow palette so that’s saying a lot. Jaclyn for the win!! I actually haven’t bought any e/s palettes except a couple of DS quads/a trio since I got this. I just don’t even look at any other palettes since I’ve got this gem. I got my backup for $38 (-$3.50 on a $15 purchase at Ulta. I guess Morphe isn’t considered “prestige” MU by them!!) I cannot express my love for this palette (& admiration for JH!! She knows her stuff! I heard it took like 2 years to formulate this palette she kept rejecting specimens & sending them back & reviewing more until she had the ultimate palette. She did such a good job!! My complete admiration—bravo!!). This is the best palette. It’s got pale shades, nudetrals, 1-and-done’s, a splash of color, good transitions shades & a black. That’s all I need & require in my collex let alone a palette. (If you are a beginner you need this! You won’t need anything else). These blend out like a dream. No fall out. The pans are a generous size. I’d give this 6 lippies I’d i could 1 of my fave products I own.

#awesome #winning #favorite #simplythebestbetterthanalltherest