Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was given this palette for my birthday by my husband. After looking online at the cost, and the drama, he paid way too much. BTW, I got the new packaging.

It's typical Morphe eyeshadow, with three or four unique shades. I personally liked Jada, Hunts, Firework and Pool Party. Dupes of the shades in this palette are pretty easy to find. As a matter of fact, both Venus palettes from Lime Crime have pretty much all of these colors, except Pool Party, Jada, Royalty and Beam. Disappointed because I already have the Venus palettes.

Underwhelming. Super sweet gift from my hubby, but not much originality on the designer's part and typical Morphe performance. The packaging is just, packaging. Plain. Looks like they tried to make it match iPhones.

NEXT.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I'd never even seen a Jaclyn Hill tutorial until after I'd bought one of the Jaclyn Hill palettes to see what looks she did with it, so having a particular name attached to it didn't influence my purchase or effect my overall opinion of it. I bought this palette because everyone on YouTube, Instagram and a ton of blogs, all showcased a wide variety of looks upon it's release, which I wanted to try to recreate...

This palette is impressive as it has 35 shades in, and the range of shades and finishes make it a very inclusive palette; it can be used for a variety of complete eye looks, covering every occasion, season & holiday, with a variety of shades to suit every skintone - such a major plus, with including everyone with this. I have liked the majority of looks I've done to date. The blendability is mostly good - I've noticed that layering a matte shadow over a shimmer one when shadowing the edges of the eye can be iffy to blend out. There isn't much fallout compared to the other palette from Morphe that I've used in the past. To get a good idea about the wearability of the shadows, I haven't been using eyeshadow primer with this palette and found that for the most part the pigmentation is really nice and there is no fading.

However I do have a issue with the pigmentation on the last four shades; none of them apply as dark as they look in their pans, and are a bit on the patchy side. They build up okay, but still look a bit muted. Also; there are a few warm neutral shades that end up looking pretty much the same, after they've been applied and blended, so this is not really a 35 pan palette imho. A niggle that is more down to personal taste is my wanting a matte pink; to me it just seems like a bit of a waste to have three different tones of shimmery pink in the palette, but not have a coordinating matte shade to balance them out for a complete eye look - yes, there are plenty of options available, I just personally think a pink shade would have matched up better.

My big problem is that it turns out that the card with all of the shades names and their pan placement in the palette was only given to influencers (at least for non US/Canada customers), which is majorly annoying as I only bought this palette because I wanted to recreate the looks that sprang up in their thousands online around the palette's release, and now I've found that it is tricky to follow the tutorials along as most of the people just say "take shade Pukey, then Obsessed, followed by Firework", when regular customers don't have the name card and the shade names aren't printed anywhere on the palette or outer packaging in order for us to follow along.

This palette is £37, so is £14 more then the usual £23 it costs for other 35 pan Morphe palettes and they've downgraded from plastic casing to card for this palette, so I think that having shade names printed underneath the pans isn't too much to ask for. Heck even getting the name card that all of the influencers got would have been welcome - Morphe don't usually name shades in their palettes, but why bother going the extra mile when the regular customer can't tell unless they go to the Morphe site and print off their own list? Seriously; Morphe had actually put up a print-off list on their site, because they're too cheap to include it with the -more-expensive-then-usual-but-has-cheaper-packaging palette, but after a few weeks they took it down again, so now we have to search Google.

[The packaging for this palette bought on the site or in Ulta stores will now be improved, with wipe-clean packaging and the shade names printed on the back of the palette - great news for Ulta customers or site customers in the US, but what about the other million plus Morphe customers in the world who have to rely on other retailers and will be stuck with the 'old' packaging?]

I finally bought one of these in store after debating about whether or not to buy one. I typically don't like to buy large palettes because I am picky about colors. I figured I would buy it and swap the ones I didn't want. I ended up keeping 25 of the colors for myself and swapping the darker/jewel toned shades. For those of you who like to depot eyeshadows, this palette was very easy to depot without damaging any of the eyeshadows. All I had to do was detatch the palette from the cardboard and peel it apart layer by layer and use a knife to lift the eyeshadows which are glued to the cardboard. The pigmentation and blendability is definitely better than the other Morphe palettes, but not as good as the higher end palettes like Urban Decay or Too Faced. The matte colors still need improvement. It would be nice if Morphe would sell some of these colors as singles like they did with Jaclyn Hill's first palette.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the Morphe 350M palette and like it. I saw the color range in this palette and thought I would give it a try. For the price you get a lot of color options to complete different looks. The formula is good and blends nicely. The shadows are pigmented and last on my oily lids. I like the amount of matte, shimmer,and satin shades in the palette. For the price and quality I recommend. I have more expensive palettes with way few shades that don't preform as well as this palette.

Video Reviews & Tutorials