Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

3.4

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was very excited to buy this palette, in spite of the iffy things I had heard about Morphe, but I ended up being very disappointed with it. I took it back to Ulta and got the ABH Norvina palette instead, which is a 10000% better purchase for me. The color scheme of this palette is gorgeous, and in the pan everything looks really nice. I can look at this palette and think of a fair number of looks to come up with, even with the fact that they're laid out from lightest to darkest. The mattes swatched pretty nicely, and they seemed to be pretty high-quality. It was the shimmers--the thing that sold me on this palette in the first place--that were weird and gross to me. They had a decidedly waxy/sticky texture when I touched them, and it seemed to go all the way through. When I took the one I got online back into Ulta, I thought it might have been a fluke since I never heard anyone say anything weird about the texture of the shimmers in this palette. I tried their tester, and it was the same thing. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but it did not feel like a product I wanted to put on or near my eyes. Every single one of the shimmer shadows I swatched in both the palette I received from Ulta.com and the one I swatched in Ulta felt this way. I assume that it is something in these shadows that makes them pack on more pigment or something, because they did *look* nice swatched, but again, I did not want to put something that felt unlike any pressed shadow I have ever tried (in a bad way) onto my face.

I was excited to buy this palette but disapppointed after doing so. My drugstore "Bold Obsessions" palette is better than this one.

Packaging: good
Colors: pretty
Fallout: horrible! Have never had an eyeshadow have so much fallout.
Applying: it takes forever to build the colors up. The matte ones are a bit better than the glitter ones.

Would not repurchase. Not a product I'll be able to use as an every day product due to the above mentioned issues.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very good palette. The variety of shades is great and the formula is easy to work with. The packaging gets dirty easily and the shade names aren’t printed on the palette. I’m not a fan of the inflated price because it’s a collab but you still get a lot of quality shadows for less than $40.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was given this palette for my birthday by my husband. After looking online at the cost, and the drama, he paid way too much. BTW, I got the new packaging.

It's typical Morphe eyeshadow, with three or four unique shades. I personally liked Jada, Hunts, Firework and Pool Party. Dupes of the shades in this palette are pretty easy to find. As a matter of fact, both Venus palettes from Lime Crime have pretty much all of these colors, except Pool Party, Jada, Royalty and Beam. Disappointed because I already have the Venus palettes.

Underwhelming. Super sweet gift from my hubby, but not much originality on the designer's part and typical Morphe performance. The packaging is just, packaging. Plain. Looks like they tried to make it match iPhones.

NEXT.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This palette is impressive as the range of shades and finishes make it a very inclusive palette; it can be used for a variety of complete eye looks, covering every occasion, season & holiday, with a variety of shades to suit every skintone - such a major plus, with including everyone with this. I have liked the majority of looks I've done to date. The blendability is mostly good - I've noticed that layering a matte shadow over a shimmer one when shadowing the edges of the eye can be iffy to blend out. There isn't much fallout compared to the other palette from Morphe that I've used in the past. To get a good idea about the wearability of the shadows, I haven't been using eyeshadow primer with this palette and found that for the most part the pigmentation is really nice and there is no fading.

However I do have a issue with the pigmentation on the last four shades; none of them apply as dark as they look in their pans, and are a bit on the patchy side. They build up okay, but still look a bit muted. The two shimmery highlight shades are very similar, a few of the shimmery neutrals aren't hugely different and there are a few warm neutral matte shades that end up looking pretty much the same after they've been applied and blended too. I'd much prefer it if some of the close-matching neutral shades hadn't been included and the 'colour pop' bottom-left corner had been expanded a bit; I pull in a mid-tone purple matte and/or a mid-tone pink matte from elsewhere to complement the three different tones of shimmery pink and the lovely purple shimmer, so would have loved to have had a pink and lighter purple and/or lilac matte. A blue matte would also have been nice, to compliment the blue shimmer.

I don't outright regret buying this palette, but I'd be unlikely to replace it if lost or damaged it, now that my curiosity about it has been settled; there has been a quality increase as far as the brand goes, but I have a few issues with too many similar warm tones, the quality of a few of the shadows, which stop me from loving this palette. Added to that is the size of the palette; the size makes getting it out of where I keep my palettes, handling it and then storing it back away, less than practical. I'd never even seen a Jaclyn Hill tutorial until after I'd bought one of the Jaclyn Hill palettes to see what looks she did with it, so having a particular name attached to it didn't influence my purchase or effect my overall opinion of it.

I finally bought one of these in store after debating about whether or not to buy one. I typically don't like to buy large palettes because I am picky about colors. I figured I would buy it and swap the ones I didn't want. I ended up keeping 25 of the colors for myself and swapping the darker/jewel toned shades. For those of you who like to depot eyeshadows, this palette was very easy to depot without damaging any of the eyeshadows. All I had to do was detatch the palette from the cardboard and peel it apart layer by layer and use a knife to lift the eyeshadows which are glued to the cardboard. The pigmentation and blendability is definitely better than the other Morphe palettes, but not as good as the higher end palettes like Urban Decay or Too Faced. The matte colors still need improvement. It would be nice if Morphe would sell some of these colors as singles like they did with Jaclyn Hill's first palette.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the Morphe 350M palette and like it. I saw the color range in this palette and thought I would give it a try. For the price you get a lot of color options to complete different looks. The formula is good and blends nicely. The shadows are pigmented and last on my oily lids. I like the amount of matte, shimmer,and satin shades in the palette. For the price and quality I recommend. I have more expensive palettes with way few shades that don't preform as well as this palette.