4.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 months ago

I really did not think it would work but surprisingly it does. It leaves my skin soft and gently exfoliated without being too harsh or leaving my skin irritated and dry. It left the skin soft but it is not going to be the best product for removing any discoloration or things like that. I liked using it about once a week, on occasion I would use it twice back to back. Definitely not a miracle worker but it does a decent job if you are looking for a more mild and gentler "Peeling Exfoliant". I have also used it on my underarms and feet with good results but it did take a few uses before I saw any real improvement. I have done a few tests to see if it was really working and it did show improvement on the side I was using it on. On that note, I also rubbed it on a placemat and it beaded up the same way it does when used on the skin, just slightly less, so I am not 100% convinced all the debris we see is the skin being exfoliated off but it does do something. I like the clean look of the packaging the pump could use some improvement because as you approach the halfway mark it does not pump properly. I have about a third of the bottle left and I have to unscrew the top to get the product out. I personally will not be repurchasing this again because I feel if you are already using glycolic acid or similar acid I do not think this is really necessary and over exfoliating can cause more damage and more blemishes. I would only recommend this product for teens, those just getting into skincare, if you are new to peels, or have sensitive skin as it may work better for you.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

10 months ago

I was skeptical - so many products that claim to slough off dead skin don't do anything for me. I don't know if it's a gimmick but I can feel it. It's so gross and satisfying, almost like peeling dried Elmer's Glue off your hand. It can have a bit of a tingling sensation, and definitely keep it away from your mouth and eyes. I use a few pumps, slather it on, let it sit for just a few seconds and then rub. It's weirdly fun, oddly satisfying. It does have a scent to it, but nothing too overwhelming - vaguely fruity/botanical. I haven't had any adverse affects skinwise, and it's helped rid some of those pesky retinol induced peelies. I'm not a huge fan of the pump bottle. I think the product must separate and it needs to be shaken, lots of air pockets form inside so you're constantly pumping out nothing even though there's lots of product left. No other major complaints, except for the fact that it doesn't seem to be in every ELF display (I only ever find it at certain Targets).

About reviewer (166 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

This stuff is great! I'm addicted to peeling gels, because they make my skin so soft and supple. I find that daily use allows my makeup to glide on smoothly, and I also think it lets my serums and moisturizers absorb better. I found also that it seems to refine my skin, especially on my chin and nose where I have some larger pores. They don't seem as prominent anymore. I use peeling gels on dry skin after cleansing. I sometimes leave them on for a few minutes, and then remove with a damp wash cloth. I find they exfoliate great without irritating or upsetting my skin. Right now I'm using PTR, but it can be pricey. It's around $62 per tube, but the tube is quite large. I have purchased the ELF brand peeling gel in the past, and found it to be extremely effective. I haven't bought it in awhile because of the duty that I have to pay when I order it online. If not for that, I'd definitely be sticking to the ELF brand. It's just as effective and very inexpensive. I think this would be a great brand for someone who is wanting to try a peeling gel without spending a lot of money. If I find this particular ELF product in a Canadian store, I will definitely be buying it. A lot of stores in Canada carry ELF products, but usually what they do carry is quite limited. Hopefully I will be able to find this somewhere, and if I do, I will be snapping up two bottles at least!

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I really like this! I don't like to use harsh scrubs and nothing super strongly scented - I have sensitive skin. This works nicely. I know there are comments on ELF's reviews claiming that the "sloughing off" of your dead skin is a gimmick - but even if it is - I know that after I use this, my skin is super soft, so it's obviously doing SOMETHING. I follow the instructions and use this over dry skin. I do my nose area three times a week, and then an all-over face once a week (usually on the weekend). I always do masks/scrubs in the shower, I find that I'm able to rinse them off properly, vs. if I do them at the sink. So I apply it in the shower before I get my face wet. Works just fine. My skin is super soft - it doesn't agitate, smells nice - it seems to do what I need just fine for the price. I will repurchase. Only thing I don't like is sometimes the pump gets clogged, doesn't want to spit out product, or when I first bought it - I swore the pump was broke. Now that I've been using it consistently, it seems fine, except for clogging.

About reviewer (433 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This exfoliant uses gentle fruits to exfoliate. It feels like Elmer’s Glue picking dirt from your skin. It might just be an illusion that it does anything. It’s a cute product for young skin.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

from

a year ago

I was pretty skeptical of this product but man, is it good! A really effective, gentle exfoliator that gives you instantly softer skin once you wash it off. I have used it on my face, KP on my arms and am considering it on my feet and legs once its shorts/sandal season. At this price, you can afford to experiment with it and use a lot. My one little quibble is that I still can't quite get used to the feel of the balled up bits left after you rub it in, but I guess that's how it gets the dead skin off, so I'll deal with it. Highly recommend, esp. for people who want to exfoliate without harsh scrubs or have sensitive skin. ETA: I want to clarify that yes, it is true most of the balled up bits of "stuff" are the peel itself, not your skin, Which is weird. But it's not a scam or fake out as some are implying. This really does work as a gentle exfoliant. The proof is in how your skin feels after using it.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

2 years ago

This stuff is beyond amazing. Similar products such as the one made by Boscia can't even compare to this stuff -- AND it's a fraction of the price! You owe it to yourself to try this. ELF, y'all have really outdone yourselves!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

The 16 year old inside me wants to keep this a secret. I love, love, love it. Good bye scrubs! This works immediately. I considered (for a minute) using this on my legs. Edit/update: I used Gentle Peeling Exfoliate on my feet. The amount of skin exfoliated from the top of my feet surprised me and I can not even begin to explain how sweet using Gentle Peeling Exfoliate was between my toes.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

Yes, this really is a dupe for the much higher priced Peter Thomas Roth Firmx peeling gel. I really like the results from the PTR Firmx gel so am excited to find this product at a much lower price. This is a much gentler way to exfoliate skin compared to chemical peels and granular exfoliants. This peel gel is easy to use. Apply to clean, dry face and massage in a circular motion. The product will ball up and take your dead surface skin cells with it. Love it. My face feels so soft and smooth afterwards.

About reviewer (3096 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

2 years ago

This is a dupe for Peter Thomas Roth's Peel Gel. I swear but you get almost twice the amount for 1/5 the price, because that Peter Thomas Roth's Peel Gel costs $50!!!! Amazing!!! And this stuff does just as an amazing job!!!! And I would go CRAZY if I EVER ran out if it!!! So asap I'm going to stock up on this stuff so I have a stash of it!!! This, and oh Diptique's candles!!! You can't go wrong there either!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure