Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette

Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette
Clay Play Face Shaping Palette

on 12/16/2017 5:32:00 PM

As most of the recent reviews, I also got this half off for like $23 @ Ulta, pretty much a no brainer purchase! The shades are buttery, no fallout(slight kick up), great pigmentation, and a definite steal at $23... I would probably repurchase at full retail, but I have enough eyeshadow for 20 lifetimes, so I'm good lol... Definitely recommend.

on 12/11/2017 8:23:00 PM

I didn't need another neutral matte palette, but I was lucky enough to score this on the Tarte website for 50% off with another 25% off - so it was around $20. I absolutely love it! The colors apply beautifully and I can wear every color. And the scent is to die for.

Now, I know what we all thought seeing this "another neutral palette". Except it is not! It is one of the best neutral palettes on the market, believe me I have tried a lot.

For starters, this formula is better than what you get in Tartelette or even Tartelette in Bloom. It is full of pigment, is buttery smooth and although it can have some kick-up - overall it blends and applies like a dream. Idea here is that you get three colour categories of various neutral-toned shadows: basic neutrals, cool neutrals, warm neutrals + three face powders (contour, bronze). I like the fact that Tarte added a relatively light contour shade, which people with very fair skin can use to warm up their complexion, and dark bronze shade for those with deeper skin. This palette is versatile, smells like Nesquik and if you want to see unedited swatches, this link might help (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/11/07/A-Rather-Large-Tarte-Haul). I definitely use this way more often that KVD or any other (older) Tarte palettes that I own.

on 10/31/2017 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of course like many of us I got this palette when it was half off at sephora, $32 cdn. I originally wasn’t drawn to it at all cause it looks so boring and I felt like I had dupes Of the shades. But for the price and great reviews I got it anyways,

Every shadow in here is very soft to the touch. The quality is def THERE. I don’t have any other tarte palettes to compare this to, but these are def pigmented and blend really well, granted I only use it for the first time today, but all the shades are pigmented and swatched very well.

I love the versatility of the palette, and the layout. It looks very satisfying to see the 3 sections go from lightest to darkest, and the pans are all aligned in the same order. (Not many care about this but I find it pretty to look at)
Also the packaging is very heavy and lux feeing with a nice big mirror. Only thing I felt like the front of the palette could’ve had a cleaner design, it looks so scattered and the white patches that fade make it look like it’s been worn. I don’t like it very much but it’s alright.

Overall it’s a very nice travel friendly palette. I love it ALOT and I only used it today. Its very beginner friendly and I love that the shades are very neutral and work/office friendly. I know there’s no shimmer but if you have a few single lid shades and an inner corner highlight you’re good to go.
I don’t think I would have bought this at the full price because $64 CDN is hefty for me, but I’m so glad it was on the weekly wow. Also I do not contour but I do like the two lighter shades for bronzing on my skin and I like the third one as an eyeshadow, since there’s no deep neutral brown in the palette besides it.
If i have any complaints I’ll come back to edit this but for now.. it’s a yes from me 😁

The colors are perfect! I use every single one, and it blends really well. I'm new to bronzers and contouring, but this one is easy to use because the shades fit any skin tone. I use this one pallette for everything - filling in my brows, shaping my nose, bronzing, eyeshadow/contouring around my eye area...the shadow doesn't crease at all for over 8 hours! And a teeny bit goes a long way- it's super pigmented. I love this! Worth the price

on 8/5/2017 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Almost didn't get this pallete because I thought the colors looked boring and basic and that I had enough similar colors already. However when Ulta had 5x points recently I caved and ordered it. I am so glad that I did because this has become a daily staple for me. I never would've thought to use it for eyebrows until I saw the insert that showed that. Surprisingly two shades are exactly the same as my Anastasia brow powder duo- I love them even more because they seem a little less harsh and I like the added bonus of the chocolate scent. As far as eye shadows go, I can use every single color in this pallete including the contour bronzer shades for eyeshadow, there is such a nice variety of browns and cream colors that I can do pretty much my whole eye look and then just add a shimmery color from another pallete for the lid. I haven't started using the contour bronzer colors yet for contour and bronzer because I'm trying to finish up another bronzer but when I do I will definitely be using this pallete for everything. I highly recommend it. There is such a great color pay off and very little fall out!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I had just bought the UD contour palette and really didn't need this, but Tarte had their sale. Impulse buy, all the way. Generally I would feel bad about that, but in the case it paid off! It is AMAZING! I had been having such a rough time figuring out how to blend contour to my liking and this made a huge difference. Even the darkest shade is useable everyday, due to its wonderful blending. This was a contour game changer for me.

I actually like this for brows better than I do my Anastasia brow powder duo. I have very patchy, tail-less brows, so I use pomade for the outline and then create a great ombré with this palette.

I have done several eye looks with this and the shadows are just as perfect as my other Tarte palettes. You can't beat Tarte for blendability. The contour shades work great as eyeshadow, as well.

You need very little product to go a long way either this palette. I have tan skin (bought the dark shift in the UD contour) and have no problem building up. I am very pleased with this!

In comparison to the Urban Decay Shapeshifter:
Both are great contour palettes. I bought the dark shift in the Shapeshifter. I have to go easy (I am in that weird middle ground of skin tone) on the powders, but I didn't mind that. Just means it will last longer! Both palettes are very blendable, the Tarte palette a bit more so. I feel the Tarte powders are more user friendly. Although I certainly didn't need both, I got both on sale, so I am not too mad haha. The UD palette has a shimmer highlight (which is great, btw) and creams where the Tarte palette does not. A banana powder as well. Despite this, if I had to choose one for straight contouring, I would go with Tarte. As someone who isn't a contour magician, I find the Tarte palette a little easier to use to make a good contour. It's a close call, though.

Alas, this is the review for the Tarte palette. This was definitely a win for me. Great contours, a lot of workhorse brown shadows, and multi use. Plus it smells amazing!

on 7/18/2017 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been drooling over this palette since I first saw it was releasing... I tried to resist temptation but when Ulta had x5 points on Tarte I just had to purchase it. SO HAPPY I DID. It's truly a universal palette. You get three sculpting face powders and nine shadows. The entire palate is matte and it's just gorgeous. You can use it for brows, shadows, contour, bronzing, etc. The formula is EXTREMELY pigmented and buttery smooth. It smells Iike vanilla when the palette is opened and I love it better than the Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer smell!! It's perfect for travel because it's all in one.
I have seen people comparing this palette to the Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette saying it's similar... I can see how the contour colors could be close in shades but each palette is magnificent in its own way. I'm happy I have both.
And the packaging... the packaging is just to die for. It's beautiful with a huge, quality mirror inside. And it's cruelty free!!! 😻 I'm just in love with Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette!!! My go to for day or night looks.