Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the 219 before I had a chance to get this...and i shall be returning my 219. this is the smudge brush of my dreams...makes smudging pencil liner so easy...and is as astoundingly simple to use on eyeshadows as well. i cannot believe i didn't pick this up prior to the mac 219 but i guess this gem hasn't been raved about enough on the boards.

it is also pleasant to use for those with small lids...and i have those. my bigger brushes seem to just disperse too much product and make it more of a hassle to get off than to actually give me even shadow distribution. and for 5 bucks, what have you got to lose? it's almost like they are giving you a reason to buy an easy-to-do eye look for that price.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this brush and use it all the time. For me it works well as a precision shadow brush and it works really well as a smudge brush. The bristles are a good texture to smudge and create cat eyes without pulling if you use a light touch. I've had my brush for six or seven months now and I haven't noticed any of the bristles falling out or getting wonky at all. I try to clean it at least once every two weeks with a mild cleanser or shampoo. This is a nice cheap brush, especially if you're afraid of loosing a brush on vacation, or are just starting out.

UPDATE: I've had this brush for about two years now, and the bristles are still in like new condition. My only complaint is about the handle. It gets dirty looking over time, and is now beige. Also, my brush had a small accident with some polish remover and the raw wood is exposed in areas. I didn't change the number of lippies because the brush is technically good, but aesthetically my Kashuk brushes haven't aged as well as some of my others. And, I'm beginning to feel the need to replace them. I would still recommend this brush, but get the black handled one, not the white.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Another winner from SK. Bristles are soft, but stiff. I use this to soften the look of Bobbi Brown gel liners. Stands up well to repeated cleanings.

I have to agree that this brush looks more like a lipliner than a smudge brush. I prefer this style over the flat square taklons because I have more control over what I want to acheive, not to mention I have had less LINE accidents with these than the other square ones. Also, I have to say it is excellent when dampened or with use of a cake liner! I have a 3 of these, one for eyeliner intensity (dampened), one for smokey look (dry), and the other for a lip brush. I can't go wrong with these because they are very versatile. When cleaning them out, the trick is to mold them back when they are still wet to air dry. I haven't had a problem maintaining the shape and it's been almost 1 year.