Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

Filtered by hair type : Straight

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got the white one, the size is good and it does the job but I find it to be too scratchy, I hate that, maybe I'm over sensitive, but I don't like it for that reason, I gave it away.

Okay, so this brush is labeled as a smudge brush but I don't use it for smudging. I find it too flimsy and thin for a smudge brush. (Uploaded a pic) What I do use this for, is putting black shadow on top of my waterline eyeliner. It's perfect for that purpose, but for actual smudging, I don't find it that useful. It's too thin and flimsy to really smoke out or smudge eyeshadow, you would need a thicker more dense brush for smudging. Maybe the other white one is more useful? I'm not sure why there is a white one and a black one. But I'm reviewing the black odd shaped handle one. I also don't really like the packaging this brush came in. It came in a total separate plastic casing, which may look professional when you buy it, but useless afterward. So it just goes straight to the trash. :/
I wouldn't re-purchase. I'll look into the Studio Tools smudge brush that I heard was good.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am surprised the ratings for this brush wasn't the best. This brush absolutely rocks for me! It's small enough for eyeshadow to smudge under my eye. It is practically fool-proof, the top is easy enough to manipulate. It's easy to wash and handle. The only thing I hate is the brush handle is too-long, and I hate the white signature on the side. It's not a huge deal or anything, as the performance makes up for the looks.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

LOVE SK brushes! IMO they are just as high quality as MAC brushes. I bought this one to use w/ Stila Smudge pot and it works beautifully. Worth $3.99. I'd pay triple that. EDIT: I eventually did for Bobbi Brown pushliner. It really is better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Another winner from SK. Bristles are soft, but stiff. I use this to soften the look of Bobbi Brown gel liners. Stands up well to repeated cleanings.