Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my 2nd brush from the brand, I have the old version (the one with white handle). I've had this brush for years (3 years) and I deep clean my brushes without fail every week and the brush never shed a single hair. I use this mainly on my lower lash line to smudge out my eyeliner and sometimes I use this to apply my eyebrow powder. I love how tiny this brush and how the bristle is very short and dense,perfect for smudging.

Okay, so this brush is labeled as a smudge brush but I don't use it for smudging. I find it too flimsy and thin for a smudge brush. (Uploaded a pic) What I do use this for, is putting black shadow on top of my waterline eyeliner. It's perfect for that purpose, but for actual smudging, I don't find it that useful. It's too thin and flimsy to really smoke out or smudge eyeshadow, you would need a thicker more dense brush for smudging. Maybe the other white one is more useful? I'm not sure why there is a white one and a black one. But I'm reviewing the black odd shaped handle one. I also don't really like the packaging this brush came in. It came in a total separate plastic casing, which may look professional when you buy it, but useless afterward. So it just goes straight to the trash. :/
I wouldn't re-purchase. I'll look into the Studio Tools smudge brush that I heard was good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is a great brush. it is inexpensive. i use it with gel liners. it is so easy to use.

It took me ages to discover this, and I'm so glad I finally did! Sonia Kashuk's Smudge Brush is wonderful. I don't strictly use this for smudging, but its great for over all blending and very precise smudging. Mostly I use this for eye shadow application. Its great for the inner corners of the eye, the crease, and around the lashes. This is also good for applying and smudging liner. The bristles are soft but firm and dense. You can get this for just $5 at Target.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush so much that I bought two, and oddly enough they are both completely different brushes. One is thinner with longer bristles and one is wider with shorter bristles. I love both. Really make smudging kohl eyeliner into the lid super easy. Also helps me even up if one side is thicker than the other! Quality is superb for drugstore too!

I got this brush because the back said that it was good for a subtle eyeliner look. It was great for that the first time I used it. Then I washed it in some soap and warm water (as recommended) and it just hasn't regained it's shape. Now it can't really do a precise line. So this brush didn't really work out the way that I had hoped.

Popular Makeup Brushes