Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think I got this a few years ago and I am not sure if you can get this anymore...I have prob $300+ of brushes (HE to LE) and this is the most used/unique.

I used it to smudge e/l on my upper waterline and if I put eyeshadow on my lower lashline..I think I have to be only person who doesnt like pencil brushes....:) My lashes are too dense to use those...I know problems!

This was under 10 bucks at target and this and one e/s brush (Chanel #2) are pretty what all I need for eye looks. Now why do I own all the MAC e/s brushes?

I have two of these brushes, an older white handled one and the newer one with the black handle. I love them both. The white handled one has shorter bristles that are a little thicker and stiffer than the black handled one, which is a little longer and more flexible. They both have nicely rounded, tapered heads which can be used for fine or thick lines. I usually line my eyes with a dampened BB eyeliner brush and powder e/s, working it into my lash line and to give a well defined line above my lashes. If I want a softer line I use this to either smudge out the line I've applied, or I dip the smudge brush in another colour to go over the line. It is also great for applying a soft line of colour to the lower lash line. I have also used this brush to apply gel eyeliner or wet with powder shadow for a thicker, softer line. I wasn't sure what I would use this for when I purchased the first one and now I find myself reaching it for it every day. Highly recommended. The package suggest it for applying powder liners/shadow into the lashes or for smudging out pencil liner.

i love this brush it smudges my mac kohl liner beautifly and as a plus i use it to apply my gel liner. its awesome for gel liner and smudging to me its kinda like having a 2 in 1 brush and the price is so afordable. i am so gonna buy me an other one :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the 219 before I had a chance to get this...and i shall be returning my 219. this is the smudge brush of my dreams...makes smudging pencil liner so easy...and is as astoundingly simple to use on eyeshadows as well. i cannot believe i didn't pick this up prior to the mac 219 but i guess this gem hasn't been raved about enough on the boards.

it is also pleasant to use for those with small lids...and i have those. my bigger brushes seem to just disperse too much product and make it more of a hassle to get off than to actually give me even shadow distribution. and for 5 bucks, what have you got to lose? it's almost like they are giving you a reason to buy an easy-to-do eye look for that price.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am surprised the ratings for this brush wasn't the best. This brush absolutely rocks for me! It's small enough for eyeshadow to smudge under my eye. It is practically fool-proof, the top is easy enough to manipulate. It's easy to wash and handle. The only thing I hate is the brush handle is too-long, and I hate the white signature on the side. It's not a huge deal or anything, as the performance makes up for the looks.

This review is for the white-handled smudge brush. This is virtually idiot proof when it comes to applying gel liners. I can't use regular stick liners to save my soul, so I prefer gel liners and with this I'm able to get a smooth, thin line easily. I've had this brush for close to 2 years and it's still in excellent condition. I noticed them on clearance, so pick one up before they're gone. I already have my backup!

I haven't had great success with Sonia Kashuk brushes thus far, but I really do like this brush. I only use it for smudging MAC fluidlines (applied with a 208 brush) and for smudging lines drawn with kohl eyeliner pencils for a smokey eye. It really evens out eyeliner application-- especially when more eyeliner collects at the base of the lashes. Works great.

The brush is too hard because it has short bristles. It hurts my eye. I don't use it for smudging anymore. I use the nicely packaged and fairly priced product for applying a thin strip of eye shadow. I would personally go for a sponge-type smudger after buying and using this product.

I do have to agree, that for the price (approx $3.99, I believe) it is a passible brush IF you do not have to use this brush on a regular basis. Frankly, the brush hair is rather sparse in my opinion. After a month of using it around 5x's a week it is already tired and ready for the garbage. No big deal, you might say, its only 4 bucks! However, I still have the first pro makeup brush I ever bought (a Stila #15) and after 15 years of regular use it is still going strong. No splaying, no shedding. From my approximation, this brush has cost me .15 cents a month so far. You do the math:). continued >>

This is a wonderful brush considering the price. It works great, and it hasn't shedded at ALL since last month when I bought it. Neither has the handle separated from the brush. Definitely will rebuy. :-)