Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.8

I have two of these brushes, an older white handled one and the newer one with the black handle. I love them both. The white handled one has shorter bristles that are a little thicker and stiffer than the black handled one, which is a little longer and more flexible. They both have nicely rounded, tapered heads which can be used for fine or thick lines. I usually line my eyes with a dampened BB eyeliner brush and powder e/s, working it into my lash line and to give a well defined line above my lashes. If I want a softer line I use this to either smudge out the line I've applied, or I dip the smudge brush in another colour to go over the line. It is also great for applying a soft line of colour to the lower lash line. I have also used this brush to apply gel eyeliner or wet with powder shadow for a thicker, softer line. I wasn't sure what I would use this for when I purchased the first one and now I find myself reaching it for it every day. Highly recommended. The package suggest it for applying powder liners/shadow into the lashes or for smudging out pencil liner.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am surprised the ratings for this brush wasn't the best. This brush absolutely rocks for me! It's small enough for eyeshadow to smudge under my eye. It is practically fool-proof, the top is easy enough to manipulate. It's easy to wash and handle. The only thing I hate is the brush handle is too-long, and I hate the white signature on the side. It's not a huge deal or anything, as the performance makes up for the looks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great, versatile brush and works well for several different kinds of precision blending! I use it for several things: detail eyeshadow application in the crease, highlighter application in the inner corner of my eye, and to apply mineral eyeshadows dry along the lashline to create a blended eyeliner look. If you have any situations where a regular eyeshadow brush is too large to get the precision you want, try this Smudge Brush instead!

Not pleased with this brush at all. I had to do a lot of smudging to get the effect I like. I quit using this brush after using it twice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

this is my first smudge brush and i really like it. i apply almay liquid eyeliner first and then smudge it with some eyeshadow... i was skeptical how this thing would work and was pleasantly surprised!

I got this brush because the back said that it was good for a subtle eyeliner look. It was great for that the first time I used it. Then I washed it in some soap and warm water (as recommended) and it just hasn't regained it's shape. Now it can't really do a precise line. So this brush didn't really work out the way that I had hoped.

Popular Makeup Brushes