Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

I am SO impressed with the SK brushes! I love this brush for creating a smoky eye and blending out liners. Not only is this cheap, but it does what it promises. It's better than other pencil brushes because it isn't as wide, and ensures that you still create a smudged line without an extra thickness. I love this brush, and would definitely repurchase. It's a great find!

I do have to agree, that for the price (approx $3.99, I believe) it is a passible brush IF you do not have to use this brush on a regular basis. Frankly, the brush hair is rather sparse in my opinion. After a month of using it around 5x's a week it is already tired and ready for the garbage. No big deal, you might say, its only 4 bucks! However, I still have the first pro makeup brush I ever bought (a Stila #15) and after 15 years of regular use it is still going strong. No splaying, no shedding. From my approximation, this brush has cost me .15 cents a month so far. You do the math:). continued >>

This brush has been through a lot during its tenure with me. At first, I tried to use it to line with powder eyeshadow, and found the resulting line too thick and imprecise for my liking. Down to the pits of my train case it went. Next, I tried to use it to apply my Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. Again, a too thick line = back to makeup hell for you. Just when I was about ready to chuck it, I decided to put it to the task it was intended for: smudging. Novel, I know. I smudged the line I'd created with my MAC #266 and my Stila Smudge Pot. Hello, sexy, smoky line. The moral is--and I'm sure you've already caught onto this--this brush is best for blending/smudging liner that has been applied with a more precise brush. It now has a prominent place in my duckie brush cup--and my heart. Aw. continued >>

This brush works really well with Revlon Softstroke Powderliner. It creates a beautifully smudged, smoky line. I find that it might work just a little better if the bristles were slightly firmer. For the price, though, it's not too shabby!