Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

4.1

Not pleased with this brush at all. I had to do a lot of smudging to get the effect I like. I quit using this brush after using it twice.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I know there are a lot of people out there that like these brushes, but I sure have been having bad luck with them. I wasn't sure if I would really use a smudge brush enough to buy a Trish one, so I thought I would start with Sonia and maybe work my way up if the brush became a staple. The bristles were okay--not particularly great. The thing that bugs me is that the brush fell apart after only 1 use. The metal was not fitted correctly to the wood. I used superglue to try to get it to hold--with no luck. I don't have a Targe close to me--and for the price it wasn't really worth the drive back for a refund. I'll be saving up for a Trish brush--as I like the way a smudge brush works and want one that at least will last beyond one use!

much like Microsoft windows operating systems, this brush is great until you start using it. the brush frayed out and shed after approx 3 uses. don't waste your 3bucks on this

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got the white one, the size is good and it does the job but I find it to be too scratchy, I hate that, maybe I'm over sensitive, but I don't like it for that reason, I gave it away.

I do have to agree, that for the price (approx $3.99, I believe) it is a passible brush IF you do not have to use this brush on a regular basis. Frankly, the brush hair is rather sparse in my opinion. After a month of using it around 5x's a week it is already tired and ready for the garbage. No big deal, you might say, its only 4 bucks! However, I still have the first pro makeup brush I ever bought (a Stila #15) and after 15 years of regular use it is still going strong. No splaying, no shedding. From my approximation, this brush has cost me .15 cents a month so far. You do the math:). continued >>

Interesting. Works great at first, but then it started to weather. Soon the metal part and the wooden part separated!! I was so mad.. so I bought another one.. which did the same thing! I switched to MAC.. better quality! :)

Okay, so this brush is labeled as a smudge brush but I don't use it for smudging. I find it too flimsy and thin for a smudge brush. (Uploaded a pic) What I do use this for, is putting black shadow on top of my waterline eyeliner. It's perfect for that purpose, but for actual smudging, I don't find it that useful. It's too thin and flimsy to really smoke out or smudge eyeshadow, you would need a thicker more dense brush for smudging. Maybe the other white one is more useful? I'm not sure why there is a white one and a black one. But I'm reviewing the black odd shaped handle one. I also don't really like the packaging this brush came in. It came in a total separate plastic casing, which may look professional when you buy it, but useless afterward. So it just goes straight to the trash. :/
I wouldn't re-purchase. I'll look into the Studio Tools smudge brush that I heard was good.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It's a great product for the price. I primarily use this when I want a line of shadow directly on my upper or lower lashline. It creates a soft, feathered look but not TOO soft like the MAC 219. I don't suggest using this if you want a harsh line because it's not firm enough for that and from my experience, angled liners are better for a harsh line. I also can't see it working for gel/cream application due to the lack of firmness. I also use it to apply eyeshadow to my waterline because it's soft enough for such a delicate and sensitive area and the slightly domed shape is just perfect for it. In terms of smudging eyeliner, I think this does a mediocre job. Like I said, it's not that firm and I believe a firmer brush of the same shape would be better. It's not a big deal to me though because I hardly ever smudge eyeliner and I use this brush primarily for other purposes. I've had this for at least a few weeks and I haven't experienced any problems with the handle or bristles. I'm not sure if I would repurchase though.

The brush is too hard because it has short bristles. It hurts my eye. I don't use it for smudging anymore. I use the nicely packaged and fairly priced product for applying a thin strip of eye shadow. I would personally go for a sponge-type smudger after buying and using this product.

I got this brush because the back said that it was good for a subtle eyeliner look. It was great for that the first time I used it. Then I washed it in some soap and warm water (as recommended) and it just hasn't regained it's shape. Now it can't really do a precise line. So this brush didn't really work out the way that I had hoped.

Popular Makeup Brushes