Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my 2nd brush from the brand, I have the old version (the one with white handle). I've had this brush for years (3 years) and I deep clean my brushes without fail every week and the brush never shed a single hair. I use this mainly on my lower lash line to smudge out my eyeliner and sometimes I use this to apply my eyebrow powder. I love how tiny this brush and how the bristle is very short and dense,perfect for smudging.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

for the money, these are the best brushes you can buy at the drugstore. they are just such great quality. I love this brush for lining under the eye. it makes for perfect smokey eyes. I am totally going to buy another.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the 219 before I had a chance to get this...and i shall be returning my 219. this is the smudge brush of my dreams...makes smudging pencil liner so easy...and is as astoundingly simple to use on eyeshadows as well. i cannot believe i didn't pick this up prior to the mac 219 but i guess this gem hasn't been raved about enough on the boards.

it is also pleasant to use for those with small lids...and i have those. my bigger brushes seem to just disperse too much product and make it more of a hassle to get off than to actually give me even shadow distribution. and for 5 bucks, what have you got to lose? it's almost like they are giving you a reason to buy an easy-to-do eye look for that price.

I am SO impressed with the SK brushes! I love this brush for creating a smoky eye and blending out liners. Not only is this cheap, but it does what it promises. It's better than other pencil brushes because it isn't as wide, and ensures that you still create a smudged line without an extra thickness. I love this brush, and would definitely repurchase. It's a great find!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am surprised the ratings for this brush wasn't the best. This brush absolutely rocks for me! It's small enough for eyeshadow to smudge under my eye. It is practically fool-proof, the top is easy enough to manipulate. It's easy to wash and handle. The only thing I hate is the brush handle is too-long, and I hate the white signature on the side. It's not a huge deal or anything, as the performance makes up for the looks.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It's a great product for the price. I primarily use this when I want a line of shadow directly on my upper or lower lashline. It creates a soft, feathered look but not TOO soft like the MAC 219. I don't suggest using this if you want a harsh line because it's not firm enough for that and from my experience, angled liners are better for a harsh line. I also can't see it working for gel/cream application due to the lack of firmness. I also use it to apply eyeshadow to my waterline because it's soft enough for such a delicate and sensitive area and the slightly domed shape is just perfect for it. In terms of smudging eyeliner, I think this does a mediocre job. Like I said, it's not that firm and I believe a firmer brush of the same shape would be better. It's not a big deal to me though because I hardly ever smudge eyeliner and I use this brush primarily for other purposes. I've had this for at least a few weeks and I haven't experienced any problems with the handle or bristles. I'm not sure if I would repurchase though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great, versatile brush and works well for several different kinds of precision blending! I use it for several things: detail eyeshadow application in the crease, highlighter application in the inner corner of my eye, and to apply mineral eyeshadows dry along the lashline to create a blended eyeliner look. If you have any situations where a regular eyeshadow brush is too large to get the precision you want, try this Smudge Brush instead!

This review is for the white-handled smudge brush. This is virtually idiot proof when it comes to applying gel liners. I can't use regular stick liners to save my soul, so I prefer gel liners and with this I'm able to get a smooth, thin line easily. I've had this brush for close to 2 years and it's still in excellent condition. I noticed them on clearance, so pick one up before they're gone. I already have my backup!

rave: slick handle, great brush for applying colors on the crease with a defined line. I achieved a whole new eyelook look which I thought I couldn't do! The eye look is a variation of origamiswan's bellagio look in her notepad. I've loved this blush since then.

Rant: The metal part got separated from the white handle within 1 day of purchase. I didn't even use it yet! Either not enough glue in it or the shape of the metal part doesn't fit the handle. I solved the problem by dipping the handle end into melted candel wax and sticking it back into the metal part.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

LOVE SK brushes! IMO they are just as high quality as MAC brushes. I bought this one to use w/ Stila Smudge pot and it works beautifully. Worth $3.99. I'd pay triple that. EDIT: I eventually did for Bobbi Brown pushliner. It really is better.

Popular Makeup Brushes