NARS Cosmetics Powermatte Lip Pigment

NARS Cosmetics Powermatte Lip Pigment
Powermatte Lip PigmentPowermatte Lip Pigment

4.2

I can't understand why this is so popular. It NEVER dries or sets. It smears and transfers to everything, especially teeth. The shade American Woman is truly lovely and I wish the formula was even just tolerable. I love everything NARS so I'm really disappointed in how badly this wears.

on 3/20/2019 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the shade American Woman. It's not a casual color for me, but not too bold. It works with a regular face of makeup for the office or out on the town. This is the best liquid lipstick I have tried. It rubs off some, but most of the color stays on your lips. I found it to be a bit drying, but matte products do this to me. It is not uncomfortable though. It's very light and smooth for a matte product! Reapplication is a breeze. It layers very well, almost like the very first application. No crusty spots or flakes! It fades nicely throughout the day without looking patchy. By the end of the day I still had a nice tint. The doe foot type applicator is a dream. It's stiff, but just the right size to get all around my lips and in the corners. So easy to apply and the edges are crisp. I really like this lip stick.

on 2/9/2019 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nars took its time to perfect the liquid lipstick (which is a pretty saturated makeup category right now), and it was smart for them to do so. This PowerMatte lip pigment is indeed perfection.

I have this in American Woman and on my NC25 skin it is so beautiful. I'm really not that into the brown mauve-y lip look that has been uber-trendy for the last 3 years or so because it always looks drab on my skin. American Woman is pink enough to not get into that look. I think American Woman would be a universally likeable shade, for the very fair porcelain to the most mahogany of ebony. I believe it would probably work for all.

This isn't dry and matte enough to not rub off during eating, drinking, kissing, etc- it WILL rub off some. But, that also means it won't make your lips look like a cat anus. So... I guess there's a trade-off. I want to feel comfortable above all, so I don't mind a little reapplying. Good news is that when it does rub off it does so pretty evenly. It doesn't leave that weird ring on the inside of the lips. I also don't notice any weird bunching or settling. It makes my lips look pretty smooth overall, not old or dry.

I plan on getting more shades. This is an expensive but well-done product.

on 12/31/2018 5:27:00 PM

Great lip product! I usually use the Sephora lip stains but this is comparable. The colours are more natural looking, smells great and feel soft on lips. Does dry matte and could use a gloss to hydrate. It does come off easily on fabrics or napkins but not on glasses when drinking. Would last through an evening out with maybe needing to reapply once. Will buy again as a splurge product.

on 12/15/2018 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Here is a swatch of Nars Cosmetics Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman. This was a free deluxe sample.

Pros: Nice true matte liquid lipstick with great pigmentation

Cons: Formula is a bit thin, so it can get on your teeth if you're not careful

Overall: 4.5* - I find this color very flattering on me. It's a dark nude shade that isn't too dramatic.

on 12/9/2018 12:19:00 AM

The BEST liquid lipsticks on the market (I said what I said!).

Sephora describes the product as an "innovative, weightless, matte liquid lip pigment with ultra-flexible, lasting wear." It's interesting that they don't call it a "liquid lipstick" and instead a "liquid lip pigment." This description is heightened by its super watery texture; the directions even state that you should shake the product before applying it. The applicator is thin, stiff and does not bend, and it deposits the perfect amount of product in one go; the pointed tip is really useful when applying the product to the corners of your mouth and your cupids bow. The consistency will be very wet for a few minutes, and then dry down and also lighten a bit to a perfect matte finish. Once applied, the product lasts forever, leaving behind an even stain. Because it is such a watery, thin texture, reapplication is also really easy, as you don't have to worry about the product cracking or crumbling.

My sister bought me Slow Ride, which is described as a "soft pink brown" and I got Rock With You, which is described as a "deep mulberry," with a gift card (these are $26, so not the cheapest!). On my more pigmented lips, Slow Ride is a neutral peachy-brown and Rock With You is a blackened plum. Did I get Rock With You for the color, or for the shoutout to one of the best songs of all time? You decide.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I could wax poetic about this lippie, that's how much I love it. But for the sake of this review I'll stick to the facts. This is hands down the best liquid lipstick in the entire world! I have it in the shade Walk This Way, a pinky-peach nude that flatters my cool complexion so well. I'm going to buy many more shades, even if they are $26usd... First off, the formula is super thin, a true liquid, so it never feels plasticky like other LL. It does take a bit for it to dry down, but after that it's good to go. It is not transfer proof, it does wear away after a few hours, but because the formula is so thin, I can layer over it without it caking up, peeling, or making my lips look like a crusty butthole. It doesn't dry my lips out either, which I love, because I suffer from constantly dry lips. The applicator is EVERYTHING! I usually have to line my lips before applying a LL just to keep it from being a sloppy mess, but not with this one. The applicator makes it so easy to cleanly outline my lips. Nars did not come to play with this lippie! Love it and highly recommend it

on 11/28/2018 10:10:00 AM

I got this as one of my point perks from Sephora in the color “American Woman”. I am in love with the color, staying power, and application of this. The applicator is so easy to make a crisp line along my lip line. I even plan to buy a full size in another color to see how an even darker color would wear!

For background the product applies very wet, but will eventually dry down to a matte finish. During the wet stage you need to be very precise with application because the product will move and stain if it goes outside your lip line, but after dry down this does not transfer on me. Personally, I love matte finishes and don’t struggle with cracked lips so this formula is top notch. However, if you do not like dry formulas or have cracked lips - you may have a very different opinion on this.

I would totally recommend to people who are looking for a high pigmented, long wearing lipstick (and who don’t hate formulas that are more drying)!

I wasin Sephora looking for a red lipstick and told a sephora helper that I wanted ared lipstick preferably in the $20-$25 range and we were right by nars so she suggested this and I decided why not. When I tried it on the color looked amazing on me. It wasn't too powerful like most red lipsticks but it was powerful enough to really make a statement and the sephora lady noticed that it brought out the blue in my eyes. When I wore this for the first time I was shocked by how well it lasted. It transfers everywhere so that's a bit disapointing and the only reason I gave four lipsticks instead of five but no matter how much it transfered it stayed fresh all day. It does show the cracks in my ips but my lips are super dry because of my lip picking habit so I won't take off for that. The applicator is really nice, precise, and easy to control. If you are super pale and have cool/slightly neutral under tones and need a new red lipsick look no further.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased a bright geranium red called Don't Stop.Love the applicator which causes it to go on smooth inside the lip lines. It last all day and a little goes a long way. I love Nars but this was my 1st liquid lipstick purchase. Had debated on getting Sephora Always Red which is cheaper. However after trying it out from my sister it was way too drying and patchy.As with any matte lipstick moisturize, exfoliate your lips 1st and use a lip primer(Like MAC).