Tarte tarteist lip paint birthday suit

Tarte tarteist lip paint birthday suit

2.8

on 1/14/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received this product as part of the Sephora 2017 Beauty Insider birthday sets. A tube of this normally is $20 for a .2 ounce (or 6 milliliters) and for that price I am glad that this was a free gift. The lipstick is a nude color that does not suit me at all. While it appears matte, it does not dry down. One of the few positives of the creamy feel of the product is that it is moisturizing. Unfortunately it does not hold up well against food or water. Because it does not fully dry down, the wet excess comes off more than the average lipstick when eating or drinking. While scents are not a deal breaker for most people, this lip paint does smell a bit like toothpaste. I will not be repurchasing this lip product.

on 12/8/2017 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The formula is very nice, it's a comfortable matte that feels almost fluffy/mousse-like. The colour is awful on me though really unflattering. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shade is straight up awful for me. It made me look like I had chalk on my lips. The formula is soft and mousse-like in texture and one swipe will give you serious opaque coverage but the color is something to be desired. I like the packaging, very cute and if the color suited me I would probably really like this product but for now, this is a pass.

on 10/20/2017 1:58:00 PM

One of the few light/nude/neutrals that works on me, but I normally prefer brighter colors.

on 10/4/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the 2017 Beauty Insider birthday sets from Sephora. A nice matte pink nude lip color. Works very well with my fair skin. Not a drying as other similar lip products. A little bit minty scent with application, that disipates quickly. Wear time it ok. Lasted until lunch time, about 6 hours for me. Would repurchase as my "work lippie"

on 10/1/2017 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received this as the 2017 Birthday gift from Sephora. Years ago I had used tarte lipstains, and aw with those the lip paints have a definite minty scent/taste that sort of makes the lips tingle. The shade definitely isn't one that is universally flattering, it's a light to medium pink that pulls cool. I could see this washing a lot of people out, or looking ashy. I have fair olive skin, and is almost the perfect MLBB shade, it's just so close but not quite. If this were warm, or even neutral and just a hair darker it would be utterly perfect. The Tarte Lip Paints are a bit more comfortable and not as drying as some other brands I have tried. Solid product, if you can pull the shade off. Wouldn't recommend for anyone over NW20 unless you want a dramatic light lip.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really pretty nice nude. I got this like ev1 else from Sephora as the bday gift I love it! Sleek, modern, young, fun!

This stuff is horrible. i got it with the Sephora birthday gift. The color--a so so light brown shade. The texture-- it makes you look like you've been drinking ovaltine. It's a thin painty texture so impossible to get a smooth look. The taste--like a dental hygiene product. It's minty but not in a pleasant way. I don't know if it lasts, I wouldn't want it on my lips for any length of time. So luckily the blush in the gift is nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as part of the 2017 birthday gift from Sephora. I really liked the colour of this liquid lipstick. It worked really well for my NW20-ish complexion and was slightly lighter than my naturally very pigmented lips. Smells slightly like mint.

The wear time was terrible. Like others have said, it shrivels the lips and makes them look wrinkly. It also wears off super weird around the inner rims of my lips. Like a crusty light line forms where it's wearing around the inner lips and it looks so gross. PLUS it happens within 2 hours of application w/o eating or drinking. It completely breaks down in less than 5 hours with no eating or drinking! For 6$ the Milani ones work 100x better.

Total bummer b/c the colour is fabulous. Will search for a dupe and not buy the full-size.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a medium nude shade with pink undertones. I would say it leans more nude than pink.

Pros:
-Thin, non-sticky formula
-Not overly drying unlike a lot of matte formulas
-Easy application, non-streaky
-Opaque/pigmented without being thick in formula

Cons:
-Very slight hint of minty sensation (usually a huge con due to irritation/drying but the amount is minimal in this formula)
-Emphasizes lip lines...most matte formulas tend to do this on my lips...they instantly look 90
-Not drying...but does not add any moisture whatsoever
-Too dark for me, but I am super pale so that should be a neutral point technically.