Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint in "Birthday Suit"

Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint in

2.8

on 9/3/2018 1:58:00 PM

I also got this with the BDay gift from Sephora.

It isn't a bad product. It doesn't feel drying. But it just isn't flattering on.

NW20 here, neutral with some cool. Got this as part of the Sephora birthday gift. Terrible color for me-looks like cement against my (currently) lightly tanned, ruddy complexion. It does have good consistency, though, and decent packaging. On a warmer or even olive complexion this might look really nice. Will likely toss it as I wouldn’t give it away at this point for hygiene reasons.

So first off this color is really light. It really washed out my fair/ruddy skin. It didn't feel drying BUT once it did dry you could see an obvious line where the color stopped.

on 7/21/2018 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received this for free at Sephora it has a good color pay off and a strong menthol scent. It’s not matte and it doesn’t last long I would not buy the full size lipsticks it just doesn’t seem worth it

on 2/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

This Is amazing for dry lips
It does wear off very easy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Meh. Not really impressed with this at all. I, like many other Sephora customers, received this as a birthday gift, along with the Tarte blush (which I LOVED, by the way!). I was really excited about getting this lip paint, because the color is a very pretty pinky nude. Unfortunately though, once I tried it, it did not live up to my expectations. It is a creamy matte that dries to a matte finish. It felt great at first, but after 10 minutes or so, it just feels dry and chalky. There is a small amount of transfer, which I don't really mind, but I can't get past the way it makes my lips feel. Plus, the color isn't that pretty once on the lips. Maybe it's just me, but I am glad I didn't have to pay full price for this. Not worth $20. If you're going to pay that much for a liquid lipstick, then I would suggest Kat Von d's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick instead. Or Sephora's Liquid Lipstick, which is only about $14.

*********************UPDATE**************************
So, I decided to try this lip paint without lip liner and it definitely felt much less drying. Actually, without the liner, it felt pretty amazing on my lips. However, it still isn't very pretty and it barely lasted 20 minutes before I had to reapply. I'm still not a fan, but at least it doesn't feel chalky anymore.

on 1/31/2018 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like everyone else, I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora. Unfortunately, the color is awful against my skin tone. Sephora needs to get better about creating birthday gifts that work for everyone or offering a few shades rather than giving you two choices that are mostly for white people. I love Tarte and liquid lipsticks, and the formulation of this one seems nice enough, but I'm no longer inclined to buy a full size in ANY shade because the color I was given for free was so bleh.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why there are such bad reviews on this products, I love it! I have very fair skin and this color pulls off as a browny-pink nude that looks flattering. I like the feel of it, as it's a very smooth and lightweight. I could see why someone wouldn't like it, like if they had a deeper skin tone or for another reason. I received this with the Sephora birthday gift package for free during my birthday month. Overall, this is a pretty good lip paint!

on 1/24/2018 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I also received this as part of the Sephora birthday gift. While I was pleasantly surprised by the coordinating blush, I was disappointed in this lip product. The color was way too beige/brown on me and made me look dead. I didn’t have high hopes for it though — I usually stick to pink and peach lip colors with my pale, warm skin tone and this looked pretty brown in the tube. Coverage was good though, so it might be worth a try if you like brownish lip colors.

on 1/14/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received this product as part of the Sephora 2017 Beauty Insider birthday sets. A tube of this normally is $20 for a .2 ounce (or 6 milliliters) and for that price I am glad that this was a free gift. The lipstick is a nude color that does not suit me at all. While it appears matte, it does not dry down. One of the few positives of the creamy feel of the product is that it is moisturizing. Unfortunately it does not hold up well against food or water. Because it does not fully dry down, the wet excess comes off more than the average lipstick when eating or drinking. While scents are not a deal breaker for most people, this lip paint does smell a bit like toothpaste. I will not be repurchasing this lip product.