Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint in "Birthday Suit"

Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint in

3.0

I love the Tarte lip paints and this is no exception. I don’t find them drying, they’re matte, and they’re easy to apply. I do have to reapply through the day though.

on 12/15/2018 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: A nice creamy liquid lipstick that still dries to a nice matte texture

Cons: I find it hard to wear nudes in general and I am still searching for the perfect one, so while this is a pretty good light nude on me, it's still not perfect

Overall: 4.5* - this is about as good of a light nude as I've found with a good formula

on 9/3/2018 1:58:00 PM

I also got this with the BDay gift from Sephora.

It isn't a bad product. It doesn't feel drying. But it just isn't flattering on.

NW20 here, neutral with some cool. Got this as part of the Sephora birthday gift. Terrible color for me-looks like cement against my (currently) lightly tanned, ruddy complexion. It does have good consistency, though, and decent packaging. On a warmer or even olive complexion this might look really nice. Will likely toss it as I wouldn’t give it away at this point for hygiene reasons.

So first off this color is really light. It really washed out my fair/ruddy skin. It didn't feel drying BUT once it did dry you could see an obvious line where the color stopped.

on 7/21/2018 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received this for free at Sephora it has a good color pay off and a strong menthol scent. It’s not matte and it doesn’t last long I would not buy the full size lipsticks it just doesn’t seem worth it

on 2/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

This Is amazing for dry lips
It does wear off very easy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Meh. Not really impressed with this at all. I, like many other Sephora customers, received this as a birthday gift, along with the Tarte blush (which I LOVED, by the way!). I was really excited about getting this lip paint, because the color is a very pretty pinky nude. Unfortunately though, once I tried it, it did not live up to my expectations. It is a creamy matte that dries to a matte finish. It felt great at first, but after 10 minutes or so, it just feels dry and chalky. There is a small amount of transfer, which I don't really mind, but I can't get past the way it makes my lips feel. Plus, the color isn't that pretty once on the lips. Maybe it's just me, but I am glad I didn't have to pay full price for this. Not worth $20. If you're going to pay that much for a liquid lipstick, then I would suggest Kat Von d's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick instead. Or Sephora's Liquid Lipstick, which is only about $14.

*********************UPDATE**************************
So, I decided to try this lip paint without lip liner and it definitely felt much less drying. Actually, without the liner, it felt pretty amazing on my lips. However, it still isn't very pretty and it barely lasted 20 minutes before I had to reapply. I'm still not a fan, but at least it doesn't feel chalky anymore.

on 1/31/2018 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like everyone else, I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora. Unfortunately, the color is awful against my skin tone. Sephora needs to get better about creating birthday gifts that work for everyone or offering a few shades rather than giving you two choices that are mostly for white people. I love Tarte and liquid lipsticks, and the formulation of this one seems nice enough, but I'm no longer inclined to buy a full size in ANY shade because the color I was given for free was so bleh.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why there are such bad reviews on this products, I love it! I have very fair skin and this color pulls off as a browny-pink nude that looks flattering. I like the feel of it, as it's a very smooth and lightweight. I could see why someone wouldn't like it, like if they had a deeper skin tone or for another reason. I received this with the Sephora birthday gift package for free during my birthday month. Overall, this is a pretty good lip paint!