Farsali Unicorn Essence

Farsali Unicorn Essence

WaterPropanediolGlycerinPolysorbate 20Glyceryl PolyacrylateEuterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit ExtractVaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit ExtractLycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit ExtractSambucus Nigra (Elderberry) Fruit ExtractTamarindus Indica (Tamarind) Seed PolysaccharidePhenoxyethanolEthylhexylglycerinHydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate CopolymerVanilla Planifolia Fruit ExtractCitrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit OilCitrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel OilRed 33Red 4Blue 1MicaTitanium Dioxide

on 9/15/2018 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Whim purchase at Sephora in early spring... used it throughout the spring summer months and am impressed with this product! I have no idea what it is? Classified as a primer but the word essence is in its title?… Regardless I apply it atop of my moisturizer as opposed to under as I would with an ‘essence’ and the end result, after make up, leaves my skin glowing from within- youthful heathy skin appearance, I can see it’s effects as a primer as make up works well on top of it and just gives it a smooth blurring effect to ploblem areas. Takes your make up game to another level. The scent is delectable, smells like cake? ( the scent can linger through the day although subtle, for me it’s tolerable). It is applied/with the (glass) dropper that comes with the bottle. The product appearance-pinkish pearl with iridescence almost viscous fluid which dispenses easily. The name Unicorn Essence would have me pass on this but I’m glad I took a chance- money well spent! Defin will repurchase, once done with this bottle. Strongly recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is lovely. I bought it simply because it’s pretty & I thought it would look nice in my make up kit. But I actually really like it. It smells amazing & really helps stop my concealer from creasing and makes my skin nice and glowy. I use it in conjunction with benefit porefessional primer & they work great together. I will re purchase.

This is definitely my favorite serum. As someone with dry skin, it makes my skin feel hydrated and glowy, not to mention it smells absolutely amazing. I haven't noticed any changes in my skin's appearance, but I have been using it for less than a month so that may change. I use about 3-4 drops morning and night but have had to start cutting back to using it once a day because I don't want it to run out so quickly! Although it says you can use this product as a primer, I would personally recommend it more for a serum just because I've worn it under makeup once and it only helped a touch by making me appear a little more glowy. Besides the high price, this serum is absolutely perfect.

on 4/22/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a combo skin. Whenever I wear makeup, i find that the makeup sinks into my pores and scars and i totally hate that until one day I met this essence. For me this thing is god send! I dont know what was in the formula but it makes my face looks dewy but not oily. My makeup sits well all day and my friends was like WOW YOU LOOK GLOWY TODAY! It made my day! This thing is worth the hype!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Surprisingly I really love this product. I bought it on a whim upon Wayne Goss's recommendation..despite not liking its founder (cookie cutter brown girl Kim Kardashian wannabes just bug me).

I use as a primer...and despite not caring for the smell and colour or the fragrant oils (my pet hare in skincare) I have to admit that my foundation (and I've used it with many ) sits very nicely on top. Some primers can make your skin look quite artificial....however this one gives your makeup a natural luminosity that surprisingly lasts all day (actually gets better as the day wears on).

I don't know how it can work as a serum....but as a primer...and again I hate admitting this - it's one of the best I have used.

Well done Kim Kardashian wannabe!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just finished the bottle of this I impulse bought from Sephora last year. Honestly, it feels nice on the skin, smells nice, and the ritual of applying it was fun, but it didn’t do anything. It was nice while it lasted, but I have no need to repurchase.

Honestly I got this just because I saw so many Instagram famous people use it, way too oily for my skin. Tried using It as primer and just too much oil! It's pretty pricey, I think it cost me somewhere in the 50 or 60 dollars range. Just not much you can do with it and overall disappointed. I'll stick to my rose gold oil from farsali.

on 10/12/2017 11:21:00 AM

The Farsali Unicorn Essence Antioxidant Serum and Primer does have some good things going for it. This does have some great fruit antioxidants included so it isn't all bad. In fact, there are quite a lot of people that are devoted to this serum. Unfortunately they have chosen to include some iffy ingredients as well as the good ones. They have included grapefruit peel oil as well as the reactive bergamot fruit oil. Thankfully those are near the end of the list, but your skin is better off not including either of those ingredients.
...

on 7/12/2017 9:41:00 PM

I bought the Farsali Unicorn Essence. I admit it. It's purple (well, purple bottle, pink product). It's sparkly. It smells good. It has "Unicorn" in the title. So you think I fell for the hype? Maybe. I do not spend much time on Instagram, so whatever hype was going on there (that I've only heard about), that is not why I bought the product (I listed out those reasons above). I saw the two Farsali products in Sephora. I thought about buying both, but in the end, just went with the Unicorn Essence.

I hear that scent is useless in skincare. It can even be a detriment for some. This smells so sweet and good though. I really love the scent, and there's something really pleasant about putting it on. I just enjoy putting it on.

I hear you can get the antioxidants in better formulations at a lower price point. This may indeed be the case. This stuff acts as a primer. I saw Wayne Goss give it a good review today for its use as a primer. Perhaps it is because I don't really care about primers, but I am not sure I really see any difference in terms of my makeup staying in place. What I can tell you is that I'm acne prone and that my skin is looking the best it has ever looked. I think it is because of the rest of my skincare regime, but I can tell you that this product is not breaking me out at all. I'm rating it a 3, because it's nice. It's pleasant. My skin looks good. I'm not sure if this product is contributing anything toward that, but it's definitely not making anything worse.

The packaging is really nice. It's a glass bottle with dropper, and that allows you to be very sanitary in application (which I really like). If I stop using this and decide that it was indeed helping me achieve this best skin of my life phase, then I will come back and update this review and tell you. You can probably pass on this, but don't decide to love it OR hate it based on hype. Of course, maybe that's all there is, because I haven't seen any samples floating around.

Update: I originally rated this a 3. I have bumped it up to a 4. I love this stuff. I can't help it. My skin looks great, and it's so pleasant, I think I will rebuy it. My original review was in July. I've been using it for almost 2 months now, and I just flat out love it.