Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss - Moon Jelly

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss - Moon Jelly

4.7

on 7/12/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely adore this gloss. I wanted a mostly clear gloss with a lot of glitter because now that I'm over matte lips, I've gone full bore to the other side of the spectrum and I want everything to be glossy and glittery. I'd been looking for this shade, "Moon Jelly" for a minute, and when the last available tube at Sephora presented itself to me today, I snatched it right up. Having seen it swatched online, I knew that it was just what I needed.
I love the glitter in this. Yes, any glitter-packed gloss will have a grit, but I don't mind. I just count it as extra exfoliation! Bonus! The glitter in this is pink with a blue/purple shift. It's really quite lovely. It's suspended in a translucent base that almost seems to have a very fine shimmer running throughout. It won't add color to your lips, but it will coat them in a sheer wash of pretty sparkles that catch the light in the most beautiful way.
The formula is wonderful. It's super hydrating, and it's thick (though not sticky) so it hangs around for a good while before requiring reapplication. I love how plump and healthy it makes my lips look, even after I've taken it off.
The packaging is pretty and simple, and the elongated applicator makes application a one-swipe process. It feels sturdy and of very high quality too.
I paid $16 at Sephora which, if you ask me, is a dang good price. When it comes to higher end lip products, you generally can't expect to get anything for less than $20 these days (except for MAC, which I won't buy anymore due to their current animal testing practices), so to find a gem like this for $16 is a real treat. It makes me want to explore other shades (which I did swatch at Sephora, but haven't yet purchased).
Also, it should be noted that these glosses are vegan, and ABH is a cruelty-free company. To me, it's worth it to spend a little more for a great product that isn't tested on our animal friends.

on 10/28/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I spent I don’t know how long, putting down roots in my SiJCP, looking for just that certain lipgloss. I mean to tell you, I looked at them all. I saw the Moon Jelly tester, almost empty, and figured there must be something to this. Looked closer. Wait. Iridescent blue pink shimmer? I’m 51, there is No Way. But there was only one tube left, so I put it in my basket because hell if anyone else was going to take it while I was still making up my mind. I wandered around some more, then took the tester to a mirror to see how it looked: somewhere between Oh My Heavenly Disco and Actually, That Looks Pretty Frickin’ Sweet. So of course I bought it. I don’t wear conventional lipstick and am extremely choosy about gloss, and several hours later I still have zero regrets about this purchase. Don’t reject it out of hand because of how it looks in the tube. Try it on. There’s less to this than meets the eye.

on 6/11/2018 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love all ABH lip glosses but this is my favorite. the color is just beautiful, iridescent and not too much, but enough to give your lips a beautiful shimmer, on me a pinkish blue. I think it's the type of color that would look different on everyone though, and I wear it alone most of the time, but you could layer it for sure. It smells like cupcakes too!