Physicians Formula InstaReady Face Primer

No Image

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for Physicians Formula #InstaReady Face Primer (Base de Teint" that comes in a black bottle with white and hot pink text.

I didn't like this product for the following reasons:

- Poor packaging design; difficult to use dispensing pump (I had to unscrew pump cap off and dig primer out with a Q-tip)
- Didn't do anything at all for me in terms of "blurring" imperfections, such as softening fine lines or minimizing pores
- Product is clumpy; gums together straight out of the bottle

I tossed this and won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Honestly, I love this primer. I got it during a huge sell (along with other things I will review) This is my first item from this line as I never really payed it much attention.

I went back for the last three bottles. It lasts all day (mind I dont wear foundation just light rice powder or a matte bronze) Meaning It stays in place as for as the photo part *shurg* again can't comment on that one but it a nice primer.

I Iike it MUCH better than my Avon Magix (no ordering either). Im leery with products that has SPF. Most products seem to break my skin out but this one did not. If the price is right again I will buy again (they seem to have tons of coupons up to four dollars off!) . When i run out and I cant find this one again, I will probably start to look for primer that are silicon base like this one. It just smoother kind of like a serum but lighter. Put me in the mind of the Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C serum (i dont think they make it anymore) that my mother use to wear when I was a pre-teen

Update: It goes bad fast. one day (and i didnt even wear it everyday) It would not come out. So than I went to open it and it was all gummy inside. So i will not buy gain after i finish the last two bottles. I imagine they all will do the same.

Funny thing here I had high hopes when I got this it looked promising then lowered as I saw it was kind of oily when I dispensed it but wouldn't ya know I wore it w MAC studiofix powder fdtn and that was 10AM its almost 7PM & I blotted 1st time & w only 1 paper normally takes 3! That's fricken amazing! I normally am blotting by noon & again at 5PM & 8:30PM having to reapply powder coz my face eats it. Thus is nothing short of amazing!!!!!!! I will try it again tomorrow w my chanel powder fdtn but this is seriously great so far. This is what I expect Smashbox would be (and failed) at. My face is the oiliest of the oilies! I want to try this w liquid fdtn I will report back but this is un-fricken-believable I almost didn't buy it becoz if the cost I was going to get my usual elf (meh. & 1oz costs same as PF! 0.5oz=$6 elf; 1.0oz=$12.99 PF) remarkable! I think I have found my HG primer! & no trips into the city to Sephora/ulta,, anxiously awaiting late packages & finally something that do I dare say WERKS!! So satisfying when something fully functions so well. I will update in a few days hoping this isn't a a fluke #BIGTIMEWINNER!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would stay far, far away from this primer given the choice again. It comes out inconsistently, sometimes watery and sometimes "clumpy". It is a clear, silicone primer, similar to Smashbox Photo Finish in theory but not at all in practice. It pills on my skin, has a strange smell, and I could see a layer of product and moisturizer on my fingers that had built up from trying to spread this. I would choose ANY other primer than this one at the drugstore.