Native Deodorants

2.5

This deodorant only lasts a few hours for me. Schmidt’s and crystal both last longer than this on me. However, this is more hydrating and seems to be more gentle. I smelled every scent in Target, and coconut vanilla was far and away the best one in my opinion. It’s somewhat usable, but I most likely won’t be repurchasing. Also: I emailed the company and asked what the pH of this deodorant was since I have sensitive skin and the main issue with most natural deodorants is too high of a pH (skin is slightly acidic at 5.5. It’s why you see a bunch of reviews with intense rashes for certain deodorants). They straight up refused to answer my question, saying it was proprietary. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and I’m surprised keeping that information is legal since pH is a health concern. It’s also a bit sketchy of them since I can think of no reason why they wouldn’t give out that information. Until they release that information I’d recommend to buy it at a store where you can return it like Target in case this creates rashes after persistent use.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hello! I've been trying to make healthier choices for myself lately... I had my breast implants removed, I'm trying to eat better, trying to avoid parabens, etc. and I knew I needed to stop wearing antiperspirant because of the dangers of purposely closing up your sweat glands so that the toxins in your body cannot properly exit. Not to mention aluminum causing Alzheimer's disease among other things. I knew I needed to start using a natural deodorant (without antiperspirant properties), but I was dreading it and worried I'd be wet and stinky. I am 40 and ALWAYS HOT. I'm always hot and sweating unless I'm sitting in front of a fan or in cold AC. I decided I'd give it a try and if I couldn't tolerate it, well hell, I'd just go back to my antiperspirant and at least I tried, right?

First I tried Schmidt's. I really liked it and I was pleasantly surprised that I wasnt a sweaty stinky mess. It was kind of difficult going on, very dry and didn't glide on like non- natural antiperspirants do. It was crumbly and grainy but I liked it! Then I realized it was turning my armpits dark. So I wasn't thrilled about that.

Next I tried the Kopari coconut deodorant which was LOVELY in texture! SO SMOOTH, glides right on like a gel, smelled nice! I was sad when I smelled BO a few hours later, not even doing anything strenuous. Obviously it did not work. I returned it because it cost me $14 @Sephora.

Next I tried Native. I had heard good things on social media. I ordered some in the coconut/vanilla scent. It wasn't as smooth gliding on as Kopari but it definitely wasn't as stiff and hard and grainy as the Schmidt's. It was nice going on! Nice, non-offensive smell, not overpowering at all. It kept me DRY AND SMELLING GREAT ALL DAMN DAY! I work 12+ hour shifts, I live in south Texas (for the time being- I'm an AZ girl) and I have had zero BO with Native. I love it! So I'll be buying Native from now on. It's nice that they send it to you as often as you choose- monthly, every few months, etc- you choose, and they just bill your CC and mail it to you.

Ultimately I'm just super happy that I was able to successfully switch to a natural deodorant without antiperspirant and I can still smell nice and stay dry! I honestly did not think that was going to be possible which is why it took me this long to make the switch. I think everyone should try to switch to a natural deodorant for health reasons. You don't need to be sealing off your sweat glands with antiperspirant. That can't be good for you. Thanks, Native for making this transition so smooth! Love this stuff. For reference I believe it's $10 or $12 with free shipping. Sure that's more expensive than the $5 Dove antiperspirant at the store, but I'm trying to think about my health and my health is worth the extra money spent. For sure.

This is product is garbage. The smell is strong and its like a strong cleaner type stench. They also told me that returns are free. Only to find out returns are free only for Americans and that international orders are un-returnable. I live 10 minutes from the U.S border. My armpits are itching and burning after three days of using this. I feel really jipped.

Thankfully I only bought the sample size and while the scent is amazing didn’t keep me from sweating or stinking after 3 hrs. Certain dry followed by old spice is my HG. Nothing else ever compares

I purchased this product with high hopes and boy am i disappointed!!!! 1st and foremost how do you not offer a refund to people in other part of north america seriously I live in Canada and they consider us international??? Bascially to me this company is a fraud its a buy or beware because if it doesn't work your stuck with it. I bought a few which was foolish of me to do that so no one to blame but my goodness $42.00 worth of deodorent and not even partial refund something. I told customer service what happen and bascially i was told to bad so sad. WTH they must be trump supporter. LOLLLL No more money flowing over the border after this experience.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was using Secret Clinical and I read that a reviewer preferred the Native. I do too! I've used natural deodorants in the past, I smelled great but they didn't keep me dry, Native does. It actually works better than the clinical strength, I wasn't expecting that.

I really wanted to like native deodorant. I even bought a men’s scent thinking it would be stronger than the coconut vanilla I ordered first. I’m not a fan of using antiperspirant with aluminum but I had to switch back. I smelled so bad and I was sweating excessively, even on cold days (I tried it for months, even in the winter). Sweating and body odor were never problems for me before the switch to native, and they’ve gone away since I stopped using it. The scents were nice, I will give them that, but mixed with BO they weren’t so nice anymore.

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. I love this stuff. But first a little background: I tried for years to stop the sweat. I am not an excessive sweater but in the hot temps I definitely sweat. I tried all kinds of antiperspirants but it seemed that the higher % I went with the aluminum chlorohydrate the more I would sweat. CertainDri? Forget it. I had soaking wet underarms in 1/2 an hour. I then decided to try a deodorant alone to see if that would detox my system. Viola! I haven't used an antiperspirant in about 2 years. I started with PiperWei which I also love as it uses charcoal, but Native is a close second. I use them both and even in this nasty heatwave we are having here in the Northeast I am still only mildly sweating when outdoors. No odor either. The only downside is I do have to reapply once or twice during the day if it's particularly hot and humid. Granted, Native is expensive, but for me not having to deal with the sweatiness, it's well worth it. Two dings off on packaging as there must be a more environmentally-friendly package they could be using.

I am so sad I cannot use Native deodorant. I broke out in horrible hives allllll over my face from the Coconut Vanilla stick. It worked well as far as preventing smell, but I'd rather not have a monster face.

I normally use the rock crystal type of deodorant, because I like to avoid aluminum and parabens, but sometimes I would like a more emollient, nicely scented option, so I started looking. An internet search led me to Native deodorants, which are also paraben/aluminum free. There are several different scents, and an unscented option, but given the price of $19 USD, I thought I'd just try one to begin with. That's more than I usually like to pay for deodorant, but if it worked well, I was willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, it didn't. I chose the lavender rose scent, which is wonderful, by the way, and followed the instructions, which said to swipe it two or three times across clean pits-a little goes a long way. It's a roll-up stick, and the consistency is chalky-if you use too much, it just sort of beads up and you have to rub it in. I didn't find that it got on my clothing, but it's warm, so I am not wearing long sleeves-I have read in other reviews that it stained, but I can't really say anything about that. What it didn't do, is work! I am not someone who normally has a problem with BO (unless my family is too polite to tell me), but I noticed that, after a medium-sweaty workout, that I had a noticeable odor tagging after me-thank goodness I work out at home! This deodorant is probably fine for a normal day running errands, but I am not sure I trust it for extremely hot summer temps, or for workout use. It is not an antiperspirant, so I wasn't expecting it to keep me from sweating, but I WAS expecting it to keep me from smelling like I only bathe once a month-especially at the price! I will not repurchase-back to the good ol' rock crystal!