Native Deodorants

2.6

Thankfully I only bought the sample size and while the scent is amazing didn’t keep me from sweating or stinking after 3 hrs. Certain dry followed by old spice is my HG. Nothing else ever compares

I purchased this product with high hopes and boy am i disappointed!!!! 1st and foremost how do you not offer a refund to people in other part of north america seriously I live in Canada and they consider us international??? Bascially to me this company is a fraud its a buy or beware because if it doesn't work your stuck with it. I bought a few which was foolish of me to do that so no one to blame but my goodness $42.00 worth of deodorent and not even partial refund something. I told customer service what happen and bascially i was told to bad so sad. WTH they must be trump supporter. LOLLLL No more money flowing over the border after this experience.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was using Secret Clinical and I read that a reviewer preferred the Native. I do too! I've used natural deodorants in the past, I smelled great but they didn't keep me dry, Native does. It actually works better than the clinical strength, I wasn't expecting that.

I really wanted to like native deodorant. I even bought a men’s scent thinking it would be stronger than the coconut vanilla I ordered first. I’m not a fan of using antiperspirant with aluminum but I had to switch back. I smelled so bad and I was sweating excessively, even on cold days (I tried it for months, even in the winter). Sweating and body odor were never problems for me before the switch to native, and they’ve gone away since I stopped using it. The scents were nice, I will give them that, but mixed with BO they weren’t so nice anymore.

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. I love this stuff. But first a little background: I tried for years to stop the sweat. I am not an excessive sweater but in the hot temps I definitely sweat. I tried all kinds of antiperspirants but it seemed that the higher % I went with the aluminum chlorohydrate the more I would sweat. CertainDri? Forget it. I had soaking wet underarms in 1/2 an hour. I then decided to try a deodorant alone to see if that would detox my system. Viola! I haven't used an antiperspirant in about 2 years. I started with PiperWei which I also love as it uses charcoal, but Native is a close second. I use them both and even in this nasty heatwave we are having here in the Northeast I am still only mildly sweating when outdoors. No odor either. The only downside is I do have to reapply once or twice during the day if it's particularly hot and humid. Granted, Native is expensive, but for me not having to deal with the sweatiness, it's well worth it. Two dings off on packaging as there must be a more environmentally-friendly package they could be using.

I am so sad I cannot use Native deodorant. I broke out in horrible hives allllll over my face from the Coconut Vanilla stick. It worked well as far as preventing smell, but I'd rather not have a monster face.

I normally use the rock crystal type of deodorant, because I like to avoid aluminum and parabens, but sometimes I would like a more emollient, nicely scented option, so I started looking. An internet search led me to Native deodorants, which are also paraben/aluminum free. There are several different scents, and an unscented option, but given the price of $19 USD, I thought I'd just try one to begin with. That's more than I usually like to pay for deodorant, but if it worked well, I was willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, it didn't. I chose the lavender rose scent, which is wonderful, by the way, and followed the instructions, which said to swipe it two or three times across clean pits-a little goes a long way. It's a roll-up stick, and the consistency is chalky-if you use too much, it just sort of beads up and you have to rub it in. I didn't find that it got on my clothing, but it's warm, so I am not wearing long sleeves-I have read in other reviews that it stained, but I can't really say anything about that. What it didn't do, is work! I am not someone who normally has a problem with BO (unless my family is too polite to tell me), but I noticed that, after a medium-sweaty workout, that I had a noticeable odor tagging after me-thank goodness I work out at home! This deodorant is probably fine for a normal day running errands, but I am not sure I trust it for extremely hot summer temps, or for workout use. It is not an antiperspirant, so I wasn't expecting it to keep me from sweating, but I WAS expecting it to keep me from smelling like I only bathe once a month-especially at the price! I will not repurchase-back to the good ol' rock crystal!

I purchased a set of three deodorants for my partner. This product caused irritation, but after seeking advice he continued to use the product hoping it was just an adjustment period. After contacting customer service, we were given the same advice. Because it was prolonged, we fell out of the 30 day policy and could not receive a refund despite my partner developing a horrible rash that he had to seek medical treatment for. My advice is to return ASAP upon the slightest problem and do not give this product a full try since they will not refund you. This item also permanently stains clothing yellow, which personally, I find is unheard of for a deodorant. We cannot get the stains out and my partner is in some pretty bad discomfort. I would never recommend this product to anyone and go as far as to warn my friends and family to avoid this product. Buy at your own risk.

I also want to add: Do your own research!! Look at reviews on other websites. I submitted this same review to Native and it was censored. After asking around, one of coworkers who also did not have favorable review of their product did not get their review posted. Very disappointed. I strongly believe they manipulate their reviews for a favorable rating.

I'm so disappointed with this purchase! I bought a 3pk which included Vanilla Coconut, Lavender Rose and Gardenia Orchid. For years I've used natural deodorants after reading into the detriments of antiperspirant and aluminum toxicity. I don't experience wetness issues and odor is not generally a problem so I'm not that choosy. My issue is these goddamn scents! They are so shockingly bad! For the price paid it's absolutely unacceptable. Vanilla's their best seller and smells artificial and cheap. Lavender Rose is harsh and Gardenia Orchid is what I envision and elderly woman would gravitate toward. Returns are only free only Americans not international customers. Obviously I can't give them away so they're going straight into the garbage. What a waste!

Native is a deodorant and not an antiperspirant, so I am not surprised that my underarms were very sweaty after an office meeting or at the gym. However, I always felt that I started to smell starting in the afternoon. It is very pricey for the results, although the scents Lavender Rose and Cucumber Mint smell very good. I think it'll work for someone who doesn't sweat (you lucky person, you.)