Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.5

Ingredients: Octinoxate 5.0, Titanium Dioxide 3.1, Zinc Oxide 2.2 Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Chloride, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium PCA, Lecithin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Laureth-7, Triethyl Citrate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)]

on 1/14/2018 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Although it is different from other Doubel Wear foundations, I get why EL marketed it in the same range: despite the light coverage, it does hold very well! I confidently have this on, without any touch up’s throughout my 9-5 working day (although on warmer days, I tend to blot off shine from my nose. This is inevitable as I do have oily/combo skin). I don’t mind that it doesn’t totally stop the oiliness. To be honest, I am suspicious of any cosmetic that would do that - it doesn’t seem healthy. Although there are skin care products that help regulate oil production, such as certain exfoliants (which I use), I am not sure about products that temporarily block off oil production 100% - this can only evenutally clog the skin! Anyway, the best thing about this foundation is it’s skin-like finish. It truly looks so natural. Rated one lippie down for the packaging. It needs a pump, EL, and one that comes with it for free!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using Double Wear Nude for a week and a half.
I started using it in the mornings, for work ... At first I noticed my eyes more watery than usual ando a bit red ... I thought it was due to the cold weather and pollution in the air ... then on the weekend I changed to my Avene Couvrance (it's what I always use on the weekends when I let my skin rest a bit from all the makeup I use during weekdays) and my eyes were fine. On monday I noticed my eyes became red inmediately after using it. On Tuesday I changed foundation for MAC Studio Fix Fluid and my eyes were fine again ... no problems.
So it is the foundation ... and it's so sad because I've been using the original Double Wear for years without an issue.

on 1/6/2018 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

They say don’t fix it if it is not broken. This is the story about this product. Okay, I get the watery feature but for heaven sake, this does not stay more than an hour. So what is the story about Doublewear name? I thought the Doublewear Light was a step below the regular Doublewear. This is about 100 steps below. Not recommended for oily skin at all. Stick with the regular one.

on 1/4/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ummm, nope! This is not long lasting at all!. It is very slippery thin formula, that moves and slides all over place, settling into fine lines, and eccentuating scally skin I never thought i had! Very patchy and blotchy, and ultimately is not good in any way. I have normal to dehydrated skin, and i honestly do not know who this would work well on? It looks great after initial application and from a distance, but within half an hour, it is sliding big time, coming off in patches over the next few hours. So definately try this and sample. I do not recommend. My skin looks 100% better without it on.

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been holding off reviewing this, because I thought that I might end up liking it. I just don't.
I have one or two times wearing this, where I felt I had a good makeup day but mostly I end up regretting that I choose this foundation in the morning.
Years ago I use the original version and loved it. Never let me down and because I at the time had servere redness issues, I always relied on the DW foundation. Now my skin is better, I have no issues anymore and always opt for a sheer to medium coverage and that´s why i thought this foundation would be perfect.
I don't know why this foundation wont work or for me, it really baffles me. It just doesn't look good on m skin. I have tried fingers, sponge and brush and the foundation just won't blend it, keeps sitting on top of my skin and makes me look sick. The lasting power is ok, not as good as the original - but I didn't expect that either. The other issue is, it enhances my pores like you won't believe it. And I don't have a big issue with enlarges pores, being a very dried skin gal. It's crazy that this foundation will bring attention to skin flaws that I don't really have. I exfoliate, take really good care om my skin and every other foundation I use highend or drugstore will look awesome on me - just not this one.
I so wish I would love this but I just don't. I can't make it work for me and that has never happend before. And why EL for the love of God are you not adding a pump? For that price it should be necessary to by a pump for the foundation. I find it such an ignorant attitude from this company to not change the dispenser for this foundation when 90% of their costumers will complain about the lack of a pump. Come on already, show some respect for the consumer.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this as a lighter 'fresher' alternative to my Teint Miracle. I was told at the counter that it is water based and read the same online, so I've been using it as such. Please correct me if i'm wrong though, as I don't think that is officially stated by ES. It has a light, watery consistency and gives a buildable light coverage. Dewy but can be set to a kind of 'satin' finish, which personally I like to do. The formula is really kind to dry patches but I didn't really find it slipping off my nose as much as I thought it would either.

I found applying this like the Mac F+B is absolutely the best way to do it- With clean, oil free hands. It just looks so natural, the BB or a brush makes it look streaky to me. Goes on about the coverage of a BB cream but can be built up to around the higher end of a light foundation coverage, but like all thin or water based foundations it takes a little time to do it. Apply lightly, wait a few mins until it feels somewhat 'tacky' (I usually go do other things while it's drying- if you don't wait it slides around rather than builds), then apply another layer. Three times is about the maximum I can do it before it begins to get too dewy, though.
The coverage doesn't quite cover my dark circles or red patches, and with this being water based I can't use anything silicone underneath it, which pretty much rules out my usual colour correctors. Loads of brands sell colour correcting powders though, so it is possible to use those (My personal recs would be NYX green for redness and Kat von D petal for dark circles).
I wouldn't imagine this could cover acne spots without concealer if you have that issue. One issue I did have is a really thick or very matte concealer is impossible to use with this, it just moves the foundation too much and doesn't blend in well.

I have sensitive but not acne prone skin, I didn't find the formula irritating at all.

I will say though- No pump? If drugstores can manage it, so can you, Estee Lauder. For. Frickin. Shame. This is watery, it would benefit a *lot* from a pump. With the normal double wear, you can almost get away with not having a pump but with this I feel like I *have* to get one or I can end up wasting a lot of product spilling too much on my hand. Stop focusing on a heavy bottle with excessive glass at the bottom- the people want easy usage!

The shade range is decent too- Shell is absolutely perfect for me and didn't oxodise as far as I could see at ALL. Huge plus! There seemed to be a lot of options for both cool and warm toned skin, I can't comment on how varied the darker end of the shade range is, though.

This is a fabulous formula if you want a lighter, more 'skin like' look. Despite the aforementioned 'hand spillage' and layering, this will last me a long time- it took me a good three weeks to go through the sample bottle.

on 11/30/2017 5:04:00 PM

I've been searching for my HG every-day spf winter foundation and i think I've found it. I was looking for a lighter, natural coverage which lasts. I'm a teacher in London and right now the weather and long hours are playing havoc with my skin. I have combination skin which is prone to acne which doesn't help (whoever told me that my spots would go during my late twenties is a merchant of LIES).

I never get a chance to touch up my make-up during the day so needed something that I could apply early in the morning and trust to either wear off gracefully or (unimaginably) actually stay on my face and look nice after 12 hours - I'm happy to say that this foundation does the latter. After years of looking at my tired face at the end of the day in the (bloody awful) lighting of the staff toilets and weeping inwardly at the patchy mess my other foundations left behind, this is an actual blessing.

The colour match is perfect for my pale skin and it doesn't accentuate any dry or flaky patches. Miraculously it also doesn't turn my face into an oil slick either. I wear it over Laura Mercier's 'protect' primer and then set it very lightly with powder and it pretty much sorts me out for the day. Bit of harmless shine on my nose but nothing too offensive. Also doesn't break me out which, considering my usual reaction to spf and my woefully sensitive skin, is another blessing.

You will definitely need concealer over spots if you're going for a super flawless finish but personally I just need something that gets me through the day without scaring/entertaining my students so I'm fine with the sheer finish.

I don't know what kind of voodoo magic EL have up their sleeve but I'm just praying this doesn't get discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this. I have horrid skin I mean old, wrinkled and excema 50 years on this earth skin. I have a drawer of foundations. This needs a good serum and moisturizer under it. Sponge application works best. I put it on in a thin lyer and then use some of Rihanna's foundation on spots that need a little more. People actually compliment my skin. What... not turn away in disgust. No really they tell me my huge pored skin looks pretty. Crazy. Am I being punked? So I am a big fan. I think prep is key and a damp sponge. Don't buy the pump. Just shake the bottle each time. Estee should be ashamed charging for a plastic pump. Greed? Not sure but that is criminal and no need for it.

on 11/15/2017 3:09:00 AM

I have sensitive, dehydrated and prone to rosacea skin. So when a MU blogger recommended I try this foundation because of its “dewy” effect (which by the way, I so badly want and need), I thought I’d give it a try. My issue with most foundations are that they oxidize and/or they have a Pink undertone, hence I am Neutral with a more yellow undertone——very important to know when it comes to buying a foundation. First of all, NEVER buy a foundation after color matching it in store. The lighting sucks. I ended buying 2N1 Desert beige, and it looked perfect instore. Soon as I got into the car and into the natural light, there it was, that crappy pink undertone I hated. I then went back to try out a shade darker and the match was perfect, 2N2 Buff. The coverage is good, actually too much as I like a light to medium coverage. I’m disappointed though as the product does become cakey and creases into my smile lines maybe because my skin is just too damn dry. I do not get that dewy look so I have to keep applying a face mist to achieve a dewy complexion. Staying power is good but does become patchy on my drier areas. I tried this foundation over my Dermalogica Hydra Blur Primer and it did NOT look good at all. Its better without a primer. love that it does not oxidize and that Estee Lauder caters for different undertones which is a plus for me. If Estee Lauder could come up with a water based BB cream with the same perks as this foundation, I’d be the first one to buy it.

on 11/4/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, this may well be my favourite foundation ever. I used to be a fan of EL Double Wear the original, however the last couple of years I have avoided it as felt it is now too heavy for me as I am now 35. I would say age plays a part as I now look for a sheerer and lighter coverage. It is a light and watery texture and I would class it as a light coverage. It evens out my skin tone but I have to go in with concealer on blemishes. The finish is dewy on me and I have normal skin. I do set with powder and a setting spray and it still looks great 10 hours later, though maybe a blot is necessary but I don’t as I don’t mind a touch of shine for a natural look. They have a great colour range and I found a great match for me. I hope this helps