Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.5

Ingredients: Octinoxate 5.0, Titanium Dioxide 3.1, Zinc Oxide 2.2 Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Chloride, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium PCA, Lecithin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Laureth-7, Triethyl Citrate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)]

on 10/21/2017 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was rooting for this product but it's a massive disappointment. I'm a fan of the original DWs lasting power, but I hated the powdery mask effect it gave me so I held off on buying a bottle of that in search of something that little better. When the lady at the counter told me about this I jumped at the chance to try a sample, but even wandering around the shops straight after she applied it to my skin I noticed it felt tacky, something I absolutely cannot stand in the slightest. It took a long time to dry down to a drier finish, but my oily skin was not controlled whatsoever. I've used my sample a fair few times, with primers, without primers, in sunny conditions, in cloudy and rain but this stuff just doesn't stay on my skin. It's such a shame because I love how it looks in the beginning, sheer, but enough to cover old acne scars and most of my rosacea, but still natural and untraceable on the skin. I really hope they rethink the formula with this in the future, because if it had the lasting power of DW it would be my hg foundation.

on 10/21/2017 8:19:00 AM

This is a great light coverage foundation with UVA/UVB protection. Desert Beige is perfect for my light warm complexion. Doesn't make my face dry or oily, doesn't oxidize. I agree that the packaging is not the best, it needs a pump, but I just dispense it carefully and have no problems.

on 10/5/2017 4:36:00 PM

After reading the reviews, I was tempted to try this since I've been on the hunt for a "perfect" foundation for my dry & sensitive skin. Here's my take:

Price: $48 Canadian for 30 mL(I think it's $42 USD)

Shade: The SA mentioned this was slightly lighter in shade than their regular double wear line and I was color matched to Desert Beige 2N1 (I am typically Mac NC20). Ecru 1N2 was also okay but I found it leaning a bit pinkish despite that it's neutral toned.

Texture: Thin and runny. It feels light and goes on smoothly.

Coverage: Personally, I find it gives somewhat medium coverage and covers my mild redness. It's dewy which I like but for someone with oilier skins, I'm not too sure if this may get oilier as the day goes on. Throughout the day, while I do like the "glowy" factor, I do find that it breaks apart in some areas (chin) after a few hours of wear.

Package: No pump which I think is disappointing. EL sells a pump on their site for $13 (Cdn) which I think is greedy on their part because a plastic pump is cheap to make. They've been upping their prices which is starting to turn me away (especially when you see that this foundation is identical to their sister brands- see further on).

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, , Zinc Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium PCA, Lecithin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Laureth-7, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethyl Citrate, BHT, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Potassium Sorbate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, , Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Calcium Chloride, Dextrin, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Polyglutamic Acid, Laminaria Saccharina Extract[+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)].

I've learned that this foundation has virtually the same ingredients as Mac Waterweight foundation and Smashbox BB cream. Here's the list for comparison with EL's above:

Ingredients list for the MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF30:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.1%.
Inactive Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Methicone, Triethyl Citrate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Laureth-7, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dextrin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Lactate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Zinc Stearate, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)]

Ingredients list for the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Waterbroad SPF30:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.1%.

They are the same formula.

Price for Mac: $41 Cdn (30 mL).
Price for Smashbox BB cream: $ 50 Cdn (30 ml).

Conclusion: Would I repurchase? No. While I like the coverage and lightness, I don't like the packaging, cost and runny texture. Also, personally, I prefer physical sunscreens due to my rosacea. For someone who really likes this, a virtually identical alternative would be MAC's waterweight foundation which comes with a dropper and is cheaper by a few bucks.
Personally, I'm still on the hunt... Hope this helps & thanks :) continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first heard about it, I had to try it. I have been using ELDW for a year now because I find it to be the best for my extremely oily skin. But the downside of ELDW is that it is too high coverage and definitely makes me look like I have makeup on. ELDW also causes some acne if not taken off properly. I want a foundation that is matte but can also provide a skin-like appearance. SO I decided to try out the ELDW Nude Water Fresh foundation which is wonderful but it's not my HG or as good at controlling oil as ELDW. I have extremely oily skin and after a few hours I look really dewy and by 6 hours I am an oil slick if I do not use a setting powder or blotting sheets. This foundation does need to be set with a powder because it can settle into fine lines especially under the eyes. I have a love and hate relationship with this new foundation because once applied it looks like skin and has buildable coverage. I have used this foundation alone while at Universal Studios for more than a 12 hour hot day in the summer and it did fade gracefully by the end of the night. I just set the foundation with some setting powder and used blotting sheets throughout the day. So far, I have been mixing ELDW with ELDW Nude Water Fresh foundation and it combines the best of both worlds for me. But I do not think I will be repurchasing.

Pros:
Skin-like finish
Semi-matte finish
Lightweight
SPF included
Beautiful in person and on camera

Cons:
Poor oil control
Very watery

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is supposed to be a dewy, less coverage (but buildable) version of the original ELDW with SPF 30. The idea of it sounds great, but the execution didn't quite live up to what it advertises.

My skin is combo (mostly oily with dry patches on cheeks). I was new to the whole ELDW line but wanted to try it since makeup board gives (the original) ELDW such glowing reviews and I was on a mission to find HG status foundation. I went to Nordstrom and the recommended this because she said that you cannot feel this as, whereas you can feel the original ELDW. She gave me a sample of ELDW Nude where I tired it. I stress tested this a bit and these are my findings:

Pros:
Color match is the best, better than UD Naked Skin, Smashbox or Tarte (NC 20 and matched with Desert Beige). ELDW's color range works for my olive leaning undertone.
Coverage looks flawless when applied with a slightly damp Beauty Blender, it really does look like your skin
Very light weight, it feels like there is nothing on my skin
Doesn't accentuate my dry patches
Lasted through a 30 minute run in the sun
Lasted through a hot steamy shower

Cons:
After a several hours I looked oily (and my skin is not even THAT oily to begin with

How it compares to original ELDW:
It bothered me that the SA did not give me sample of the original ELDW for comparison, so I went to Macy's and asked for a sample of the original ELDW to compare. For me, the original ELDW has everything on the Pros list above, but it does not have the Cons list. The only thing that the original ELDW does not have is the SPF, and that is not a deal breaker for me since I use SPF underneath anyway.

Conclusion: if you want SPF, your skin is super dry, and you want dewy and medium coverage, look no further: this is great. However, you're even in the combo/oily category, I would stick with the original ELDW or keep looking.

on 10/7/2017 2:37:00 PM

I am a big fan of the original DW stay-in-place version that I consider the most performant foundation available. Still, couldn't help myself trying this too. I will compare it with the original. So: the CONs 1. It looks much too dewy, almost greasy even from the begining. 2. I noticed NO oil-controlling effect. 3. It creases in wrinkles if applied for medium coverage. The PROs: 1. Sufficient coverage for minor complexion issues. 2. "Transparent" effect. Conclusion: it really needs a touch of powder - which the original didn't - especially on the nose. The "stay-in-place" feature of the original cannot be equaled, ever.

11 days later edit: Used it daily eversince and got compliments on my complexion. It really looks natural and luminous. One layer is enough, with spot-on add on defaults - it is supposed to be a light make-up. Love it for everyday use.

on 9/17/2017 7:42:00 AM

Estée Lauder makes a mistake by making certain claims which causes many users to believe this is for everyone. It's simple marketing the more people think it's geared towards them the more people will buy it.
4 claims that are wrong about this foundation:

1- it's a medium coverage.
2- it'll last 24 hours
3- it is for all skin types
4- it's oil controlling

This foundation is not exactly medium coverage as claimed. It has a light coverage that can be built up to a medium. But even if keep putting on more product and you try to build it up it's almost impossible to make it look bad.

They named this "double wear" which is just trying to ride the successful band wagon of the original one. However this is NOT long lasting for 24 hrs as claimed. It has a pretty good lasting power. I can wear it up to 10-12 hours only if I set it properly and maybe touch up once. Which is amazing and all I ask for.

This has a dewy feeling and look and would not be suitable for really oily skin people. I have a combo skin. Some parts are oily and some are dry. I LOVE the feeling of putting this on.

It is NOT oil controlling. As mentioned above this is a very dewy foundation.

Now that we got the negatives out of the way here is why I love this foundation. This is everything I ever wanted in a BB or CC cream which I never found even after trying close to 20 of the high end ones. It's very lightweight. Feels like nothing on the skin however it does even out the skin tone and covers some imperfections (I have acne scars yet somehow it covers them nicely). It is EXTREMELY natural looking and looks like you're not wearing anything at all. It lets your skin peep through just enough and looks very natural and glowy (not greasy or shimmery) This is the foundation I wear when I don't want people to know I'm wearing any because it looks like my skin but just 10 times better but not 10 times more masked like the original one does.
I love that it has an SPF of 30 and is full of skin loving ingredients. If you're not an oily and want a natural looking foundation that makes you look like you have glowy skin this is for you.

People shouldn't buy a product and expect it to do what THEY want it to do. For the right user and occasion I think this is the BEST foundation out there in its category of lightweight and natural looking foundations, and even worth buy a stupid pump for it. Yes it's that good.

To wrap up this is not for EVERYONE and EVERY occasion but oh so good. This is everything I had hoped MUFE waterblend (with no coverage at all) and all the BB and CC creams and all the other lightweight foundations to be. I'm NC30 (maybe NC35 with my tan) and wear this in Tawny.

Update: I wore this today at the cottage (yes I'm that girl who likes to look natural at a setting like that but is ok to get a bit of help to cover up my acne scars) I wore it the whole day and went on the jetski and sun bathed but aside from getting a bit shiny which is easily fixable with a blotting sheet, it still kept my skin looking amazing but the foundation was undetectable!!!! Love this thing.

on 9/19/2017 7:18:00 PM

I really had high hopes for this foundation! It got a lot of good feedback on youtube so I had to try it. I have dry, dull, dehydrated skin, and I really love dewy foundations. The original DW formula was way too dry and cakey for me. For their DW Light, I was in between shades. So I thought this would be a great, dewy version of their original. But this isn't exactly dewy, it just seems oily. It's how my face would look if I let it do its own thing for 8 hours.

Coverage-wise, it's very very sheer for me. I used up a lot of product to get even decent coverage. Doesn't really cover up much redness. HOWEVER, it does make my face look more evened out, so I'll give it that. Because it is a more oily instead of dewy formula (I def think there's a difference), this emphasized every pore I have on my cheeks. I tried it with Porefessional underneath, I tried it with a Nyx primer underneath, and neither worked to minimize my large pores. I tried putting powder on top, and it looks very weird because it toned down the oiliness but my pores were still huge.

Shade match was PERFECT. Such a bummer!!!! It does give a natural look, but I've used other foundations that do natural and dewy better without emphasizing my pores, such as Koh Gen Do, UD products, Missha, Dermablend, or IT CC cream, to name a few.

Personally, it seems every foundation I've tried that's owned by Estee Lauder (including MAC and Smashbox) doesn't seem to sit well with my crazy skin :(
This didn't work out even for my dry skin, but I can see a lot of people that this would work for and I recommend you at least try a sample.

on 9/6/2017 5:05:00 PM

I am a Aussie girl and had to have this shipped from the U.S, we don't get this product till the end of December. I am re entering the workforce and don't wear heavy makeup every day. I like to keep my skin make up free at home, but when working that ain't going to happen. So I invested in this light weight foundation. I love it! Very natural looking, evens out skin tone. On my normal skin it looks fantastic and hydrates it. It's a light to light medium coverage. Too many people are making the mistake of using a beauty blender or brush with this. Don't! Use your fingers and you get a beautiful finish. It's a water based foundation using utensils will alter the real performance of this foundation. The amount of so called beauty gurus that apply this with a sponge or brush is crazy! The only way to apply is with your fingers just like the instructions say and just like Wayne GOSS did. It also irritates me when someone with problematic skin uses this then wines about it not covering up their spots, the foundation is a light sheer foundation it is not meant to give you a full coverage, nor is it ideal for extremely oily skin, this is a hydrating formula. Finally a foundation that is geared to normal to dry skin! This not expensive either. In Australia we pay $30 for drug store foundations paying a extra $20 for something more high end is fine.
If you have oily skin and acne this is not for you. my pet peeve is people complaining that it does not keep there face matt, it's not meant to, it is a MOSTURISING foundation. oily skin people have foundations galore to pick, us normal to slightly dry do not. This is for us and it's about time we were catered for. Absolutely love it.
My skin is normal to slightly dry I have no acne, I have freckles and some sun spots.

on 9/15/2017 3:31:00 PM

The foundation doesn't provide much coverage, I've had better results with a simple BB cream. Also, it made my skin a bit oily, I have to put on lots of translucent powder when I wear it. It doesn't last a long time either. I wouldn't recommend buying,