Milk Makeup Blur Stick

Milk Makeup Blur Stick
Blur StickBlur Stick

on 3/16/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

im very close to panning Milk's Blur Stick.. not a full size (28 gr = $43 CAD) but a mini size from a set (5.4 gr = $17 CAD)
so less than 1/5th of the full size (and at a disproportionate price, of course). It has lasted over 4 months.

In the full-size this blur stick is less expensive than my favourite Benefit Porefessional (21 gr = $42 CAD) but not in the mini-size (7 gr = $16 CAD). Frankly i think the full-size in either product is ridiculous. a small amount is used each time and the mini lasts an adequate amount of time (and i have lots of pores and wrinkles).

The blur stick is similar in consistency and application and results to porefessional. i do prefer porefessional as it seems smoother and easier to manipulate into place, and to actually work a bit better than the blur stick. of course no pore/wrinkling filling product is going to erase them 100% but both of these actually do help to a degree.

i would consider getting another blur stick however i do not like the stick format at all -- it is designed to be swiped across the face which is unsanitary and does not properly apply the product. (i rub my fingers across the stick and then press into certain areas as needed & fingers warm the product). also once the stick is worn down there is a ton of product stuck in the bottom of the packaging, which ive been digging out to use for quite some time. this is very annoying and im not going to bother anymore.

i will just stick with porefessional.. at least i can cut open the tube and easily use all of the product... and it works better for me anyway.

I wanted to like this, because my nose has fairly large pores, and gets oily fast, and it's marketed as being silicone free.

I found that applying it stick to face was not the best way, it does tug on your skin, which is not a good feeling. So I opted to rub it into my fingers then onto my face, that made it glide on easier, probably because my fingers warmed it up a touch.

No I don't think it was because of my finger method of applying it, because I tried it the other way too, but I found that this product did not make any discernible difference to my make-up's longevity, or blurring my "flaws". I found it didn't last too long in the mattifying department either, after an hour or so my nose (the oiliest part of my nose) would look the same with this primer as it would without.

At $43 CAD, this product doesn't do what it promises, so I'm going to pass.

on 12/12/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in the summer, tried it out for a while but didn’t feel it worked with my dry skin. It is stiff and pulls too hard at my face when applying but I suspect if you have oily skin it would glide more easily and not feel as though it is tugging away. After application skin feels smooth enough to say that the product “blurs” but I don’t think it would fill in large pores or lines if you were hoping for that. Personally I was just looking for a primer that was different than others I’ve tried and this is a good concept, convenient packaging for travel too. I really like the idea of a twist up/retractable stick and after giving it a fair shot I regrettably ended up returning this. It’s not awful, just not suitable for my skin type.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I received this as a sample in my Sephora Play! box. I wanted to like this, because I do have large pores that need help.

The problem with this is not the concept or the packaging, but the formulation. It is HARD. It pulls on the skin, which is not good for anyone's complexion. The last thing you want to be doing to your skin is pulling on it and encouraging wrinkles. (I'm an esthetician. We avoid pulling skin at ALL costs.)

I use The Porefessional for my large pores. I use a very small amount, only on my cheeks and nose. A tube lasts me a lifetime.

Save your money. Your complexion will thank you.

I'm not sure what prompted me to buy this stick. I was surprised that it adds no color even though it looks like a foundation stick. BUT it does make a great primer. It adds a glow that shines through whatever foundation you're wearing. You will use a lot less product. The first day I used this stick I simply spread what was left on my foundation brush from the day before, and blended all over the blur stick. My skin had a beautiful glow that lasted almost all day. It's the first item I have used that actually gives you that glow we are all seeking these days. It's expensive but I am using much less foundation so we'll see how that works out. It's fun to use and I think that's what made me try it. Very happily surprised and satisfied with this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to fall in love with this product! It somewhat camouflages my large pores, which is a huge plus. On the downside, I am undoubtedly just as oily at the end of the day (if not more) than I would be without the product. While the Sephora description mentions citrus and coconut, to me, it has sort of a funky plastic-y smell.

Bonus points for being vegan and paraben-free...however, I still can't justify shelling out $36 for a product that only works so-so. I'll use up the rest of what I've got, but will definitely not be repurchasing.

I have been tempted to buy this for quite some time now, and its comparisons to the Benefit porefessional and price tag held me back (porefessional doesn't really do anything for me). Unfortunately, I should have trusted my gut instinct. I tried this on bare skin, over sunscreen, under foundation, tinted moisturizer, and as a touch-up and it doesn't give me the "wow" factor that all the beauty bloggers tote. Settles into my pores - not in a nice way - dries out my skin, and accentuates every line and bit of hyper-pigmentation I've got. Doesn't make my makeup last any bit longer, and will probably return to Sephora asap.

This product definitely blurs skin and is very easy to apply. You have to be careful if you use a thick moisturizer underneath this to avoid pilling. If you are in a more humid climate I think you should have even better results. It's worth picking up a sample if you're thinking about purchasing. My only dislike is that this doesn't contain a sunscreen, and applying a separate sunscreen likens the chances of pilling occurring, especially if you also use a foundation. My more detailed review video is below:

on 7/4/2017 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Blur Stick is a fantastic product that I've wanted to invent for years. It's like Dr. Feelgood, only better, It doesn't just control oil, it makes pores vanish and it "blurs" any fine lines. In short, it makes my skin look flawless. It keeps my sunscreen from melting into my makeup, and it makes my makeup look amazing. There is SO much in this stick the price is actually pretty reasonable, though, at first it seems crazy. On top of it all, it's SILICONE FREE! Silicone primers give me cystic acne (beyond a shadow of a doubt), and I hate the heavy feeling of layers of silicones on my face. Blur Stick is not only invisibly magical, it feels like nothing at all. I cannot recommend this highly enough!