Milk Makeup Blur Stick

Milk Makeup Blur Stick
Blur StickBlur Stick

3.6

I'm not sure what prompted me to buy this stick. I was surprised that it adds no color even though it looks like a foundation stick. BUT it does make a great primer. It adds a glow that shines through whatever foundation you're wearing. You will use a lot less product. The first day I used this stick I simply spread what was left on my foundation brush from the day before, and blended all over the blur stick. My skin had a beautiful glow that lasted almost all day. It's the first item I have used that actually gives you that glow we are all seeking these days. It's expensive but I am using much less foundation so we'll see how that works out. It's fun to use and I think that's what made me try it. Very happily surprised and satisfied with this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to fall in love with this product! It somewhat camouflages my large pores, which is a huge plus. On the downside, I am undoubtedly just as oily at the end of the day (if not more) than I would be without the product. While the Sephora description mentions citrus and coconut, to me, it has sort of a funky plastic-y smell.

Bonus points for being vegan and paraben-free...however, I still can't justify shelling out $36 for a product that only works so-so. I'll use up the rest of what I've got, but will definitely not be repurchasing.

I have been tempted to buy this for quite some time now, and its comparisons to the Benefit porefessional and price tag held me back (porefessional doesn't really do anything for me). Unfortunately, I should have trusted my gut instinct. I tried this on bare skin, over sunscreen, under foundation, tinted moisturizer, and as a touch-up and it doesn't give me the "wow" factor that all the beauty bloggers tote. Settles into my pores - not in a nice way - dries out my skin, and accentuates every line and bit of hyper-pigmentation I've got. Doesn't make my makeup last any bit longer, and will probably return to Sephora asap.

This product definitely blurs skin and is very easy to apply. You have to be careful if you use a thick moisturizer underneath this to avoid pilling. If you are in a more humid climate I think you should have even better results. It's worth picking up a sample if you're thinking about purchasing. My only dislike is that this doesn't contain a sunscreen, and applying a separate sunscreen likens the chances of pilling occurring, especially if you also use a foundation. My more detailed review video is below:

on 7/4/2017 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Blur Stick is a fantastic product that I've wanted to invent for years. It's like Dr. Feelgood, only better, It doesn't just control oil, it makes pores vanish and it "blurs" any fine lines. In short, it makes my skin look flawless. It keeps my sunscreen from melting into my makeup, and it makes my makeup look amazing. There is SO much in this stick the price is actually pretty reasonable, though, at first it seems crazy. On top of it all, it's SILICONE FREE! Silicone primers give me cystic acne (beyond a shadow of a doubt), and I hate the heavy feeling of layers of silicones on my face. Blur Stick is not only invisibly magical, it feels like nothing at all. I cannot recommend this highly enough!