MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 2/12/2013 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I am not a big fan of this product. When i first discovered the Mac SPF 15 foundation, i was in love with it. My sister wore it and i loved the full coverage it gave her. I started using the foundation and wore it daily. I started noticing that the foundation was patchy on my skin, which made it look really cakey and many people noticed this too. As little amount as i applied it still made my skin look dry. I already have dry skin, so this did not compliment my skin whatsoever.

Mac products contain alot of chemicals, and i only noticed that the chemicals became effective when i washed and cleansed my face. My face was so unhealthy to what it used to be. I was starting to break out and my skin was no longer smooth. My skin could not breathe under the heavy weight foundation, and i knew i had to stop wearing it. When my sister takes off her makeup i see that her skin is so unhealthy and that makes her wear more foundation to cover up the imperfections and then results to even more poor skin.

I only recommend this product for a night out one every week or so. Its lasting power is the best ive seen on any foundation lasting nearly up to the next day and the coverage will definitely cover any acne and pimples.

Its a dewy finish, so if you have oily skin you need to really powder this up, which makes it even more cakey, if not then you will have a nice finish.

Not for everyday wear, because of the results it leaves for your skin, but weekly wear is something worth having.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Im NW33 and it is the exact same shade as my skin!!!! It moisturizes my skin and lasts ages. i really love this product, but it isnt that big. (30ml) I've had mine since the end of march and its almost finished as i use it everyday.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

MAC has the best range of colors, in my opinion. NC25 is a perfect match for me in this foundation. It makes my skin look smoother and plumper. I think this has one of the lightest coverage in MAC. It looks so natural, as if I have naturally smooth and clear skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's a good foundation.
The bad point is that it haven't an applicator, exactly like Colourstay by Revlon.
It leaves the face smooth and luminous.
It has medium coverage and it doesn't look like a mask when i apply it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got matched at my MAC counter to NC44. The MA applied it and it looked amazing so I bought it. I'm glad she helped me because I would have never chosen a shade like that for myself because it looks too orange in the bottle. It is a perfect match. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless. I use Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark over it, then the one in Dark as a bronzer. Since I have bought these products, my skin has looked amazing. I have been receiving compliments. My acne has also slowed down. I could not be happier unless my skin were to magically clear up COMPLETELY! My only complaint is that it would be easier to use if it had a pump.

on 12/13/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This used to be my everyday go to work foundation - it's just ok. It's not bad, it's just...ok. Pretty sheer coverage which is all I need. Color match is great - I'm an NC37. I have super dry skin and wanted a thicker, creamy foundation - so I switched. But it was doing it's job, no issues. I used with a paddle foundation brush.

on 9/23/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I have this in NC30, which isn't an exact match for my skin because I received it in a gift basket as part of a door prize. I have really good skin and I don't usually wear any product on it (except a light powder bronzer), but this is very nice for under my eyes and if I have a red spot here or there. Because the color doesn't match my tanned skin, I don't use it all over, not that I need to anyways.

I do really like it though, and I find that it gives good undereye coverage that is both natural looking and non-drying. Aka it doesn't look like I have coverup caked on under my eyes. The formula doesn't cake in the creases around my eyes, and it lasts until I take it off at night with makeup remover. I find that I can make it either dewy or matte in appearance, by applying it with either a wet or dry latex sponge wedge. It also goes on nicely if I apply eye cream first, and then apply this over top. Since it's a very yellow toned foundation, it combats my purple undereye circles nicely when needed.

Overall, a nice product, and I like that it has SPF15 because I use it around my eyes. However, if I was using it allover my face, I would probably avoid a product that contains any SPF because I tan (and also the issue of the classic white face in flash photography). This product gives great coverage (I've used it many times to spot cover a zit or red spot) and it does a great job at hiding any dark circles under my eyes. You can layer it too for better coverage, or wear only a little bit for sheer coverage. I like that you can layer it, because some days when I haven't slept well and have extra dark circles, I can just add a little more product and it takes care of it for me. I like that, because I don't have to spend extra money or time on a seperate under eye concealor product, I can just use this and be done in a matter of seconds. I probably won't repurchase any time soon just because I use so little that I've had a full bottle of this for almost a year now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is the only foundation I've found and really liked. I have many troublesome acne scars and this foundation along with a little concealer and a finishing powder is the great for making my skin look flawless. I also love how mac has such a wide colour range, so theres little chance that the one I choose doesn't match my skintone. I also found that this foundation doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores, and having at least some spf is great! My skin is very hydrated, so I don't have any of the problems concerning flakiness, as it just blends into my skin and stays that way for the rest of the day. I will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this about 2 months ago, and wanted to wait before I wrote a review. This is so far, my HG foundation!

First of all, this is the first foundation that matches me PERFECTLY. I'm a NC43 (and I notice that Select SPF15 foundation is the only foundation of MAC to offer this color). I've tried several other brands (not MAC) and the colors never matched me quite well. Fed up, I finally gave in and went to MAC.

Select SPF 15 is a medium coverage foundation. I have a slight pinkness to my skin, with yellow/golden undertones. I have some, not much, hyperpigmentation from old pimples/acne. This covers up great even though its a medium coverage foundation. It evens out my skin tone and gives my skin a warmth (NC is for those with a yellow/golden undertone).

I have normal/teeny bit oily on my nose/teeny bit dry on my chin/jaw area, and this doesn't make me oily nor does it dry me out. I'm not sure how it would work on oily skin tho. The staying factor is all day, when I set it with MSF natural powder (medium dark). I do blot once day only, usually around lunch time.

This provides a natural finish, not matte not shiny, not shimmery/luminous, nor is it "dewy". Just.. a natural finish. It really looks like I'm not wearing any foundation, which is my goal when using foundation.

The cost is $26, with no pump (you can buy a pump for $6 separately, and just reuse the pump when you buy another bottle). I would say its worth it because who knows how much $$ I spent looking for a good foundation that matches and makes me look natural. And I use probably 1 and 1/2 pumps for my face, so I can see this bottle lasting me a while. I've had it for two months, and I use foundation 6 days out of the week, and it hasn't even put a dent it in, it appears.

I've played around with applying it, and I've found that the best way is with a slightly damp (not too damp) sponge. I usually just spray my sponge with a little evian spray (you probably could just get an empty spray bottle and put good ol water in it). I pump some foundation on the back of my hand, dip the sponge, then stipple all over my face. The results look airbrushed. Its literally like my sponge is an eraser and I see my pinkness and hyperpigmentation disappear! I've tried with a flat foundation brush and it comes out streaky. I've tried with my sephora 55 brush and stipple but It seems to come out not as good as when I use a slightly damp sponge. Using your fingers are okay too, especially when you're in a rush. It doesn't dry too fast too, so you have enough time to blend.

It is a water based foundation, which is good for my skin. It doesn't clog up my pores (I admit I wash my face twice a day with a deep cleanser) so no break outs or bad skin reaction.

The only con I see, if I had to list something, is that because this foundation is hat because its water based, you do have to shake the bottle well prior to using. Other than that, this is my HG foundation :)

on 5/12/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Worst foundation I've ever tried from MAC. I don't know because its water based but UGH its so disgusting on. It settles in every crease and line on your face and does NOTHING to enhance it. It just.......... t h e r e, sitting on top of your face. Most definitely not recommend it for dry skin, it was very drying on me. OH! and the streaks?! I applied with my fingers/brush/sponges and it like on big streak party. (ha) Will never buy again.