MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.3

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 10/17/2012 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been working for MAC for 4 years between freelancing and a on counter artist, and in 4 years I've NEVER shown this foundation to anyone....that pretty much shows you what I think of it. No coverage, oily feel, doesn't wear well. Not shocked they discontiuned this. On the other hand they DID dc Mineralize Satinfinish a great foundation for someone looking for lightweight coverage, only leaving us with F&B which I don't love. Every once in a blue moon a customer would come up and want to replace this and I would show them something else to fit their needs and they would indeed be much happier with my new suggestion than Select SPF. I do love Select Cover up concealer though, so even if you hate this foundation, do let it scare you away from trying the concealer. Great medium coverage while adding radiance to the under eye area...non drying...good stuff. Maybe if the foundation worked as well as the concealer it would still be around.

CONS: STREAKY!
Not lasting at all!
Bad coverage
No pump
Oily!

PROS: Every colour, availible!

on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I feel mixed about this foundation. The pros are it's good for my oily skin, it seems to stay on throughout the day with the help of powder, good coverage and it has SPF. The cons if you use a lot it looks cakey (I use very small amount), hard to blend, colours very orange and it sits in pores so you have to 'work' it back into the skin during the day. Overall I won't be purchasing again but I am finishing the bottle I have as it isn't terrible.

on 1/26/2012 7:38:00 PM

Wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I've had it for about a year now. At first I liked it okay, but the more I used it the more I realized that it was oxidizing to orange on my face as the day went on (I'm really pale and use NW15, which is okay when it's first applied but far too dark/orange after an hour or so). Not only that, it's staying power is crap.
Picture this if you will: dry forehead, dry patches on cheeks, oily chin/nose area. I guess you'd call it combination skin. A good foundation would balance this and even it out. Not this one, no sirree. It clung to dry patches and clumped up around them until I looked like a leper (this was with moisturizer applied too) and my nose/chin/parts of my cheeks were so shiny it was crazy. The product melts off of oily areas and highlights pores whilst also pointing out dry bits. To add insult to injury, it also turns you an alarming shade of orangey yellow. It's like a nightmare foundation.
I've tried applying it with a damp Beautyblender sponge, a 187 duo fibre brush, and with my fingers, and none of them makes it look any better. I hate to let the rest of this product go to waste, so I may just have to use it on days when I don't plan on leaving the house for long.

i had acne prone skin for 3 years just figured it was cause i was in my teens but as soon as i stopped using mac foundation ive havent had 1 breakout and its been 7months neveeeer will i use any mac products on my face again

on 7/15/2011 2:49:00 PM

Been using this foundation for many many many years... have tried other things, NOTHING does the job like MAC studio fix fluid... covers all imperfections without making it LOOK like I'm wearing a ton of makeup... The perfect foundation =)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I usually do not like liquid foundation, but occasionally I find myself needing a little more coverage then I get with a tinted moisturizer, and need more moisture the i get with a powder foundation. So, I headed over to MAC. I bought this in nw15, and it is an absolute perfect match to my skin, and does not oxidize at all on me. It is light but buildable coverage. I like the way it looks on my skin, for the first few hours. The problem is I use a very good primer, and I set this with powder and I find it builds up on the sides of my nose. I have to blot every few hours. I sometimes get oily in the t-zone, but not THAT oily. I cannot consider that a big complaint though because most light coverage foundations have these effects. For the small amount of time I use it liquid foundation, maybe 1 or a max of 3 days a week, I can deal with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

So for Christmas my brother got my a Macy's giftcard because I wanted to get myself a MAC foundation. I usually use Hard Candy tinted moisturizer in Light or Revlon Photoready in Shell if I want more coverage. I had originally planned on getting Face and Body because I prefer light coverage that is buildable. They weren't selling Face and Body at the stand and the sales girl said I probably wouldn't like F&B that much anyway. She said for light coverage she recommended Select Foundation with SPF. I also had never been matched for MAC and I am a perfect match for NW20 so I purchased it as well as the pump and the total came to around $32 or so (can't recall). For the first couple days I was really underwhelmed. I was going to return it but my mom and aunt told me it looked good. It wasn't until I did it and didn't focus on it as much that I realized it actually looked creamy and lovely. I'm not going to return it but the jury is out if I'm going to repurchase. If you like thick coverage then this isn't for you. I don't have perfect skin but I still don't like to look like I'm wearing a mask and with concealer and powder foundation used to set it, it looks damn near flawness and natural. The color match is just fantastic. I have been recovering from surgery so I haven't been wearing makeup for long everyday (though I have put it on for fun) and I don't know for sure if it will continue but no breakouts so far on my very acne-proned skin.

My overall assessment? Seeing as I didn't pay for it myself I like it enough, time will tell if I like it enough to actually fork over the $$.

on 10/1/2010 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I actually like this foundation. It worked better for me than the prowear one. I am NW20 and have really dry skin and this goes on really nice and does a a great job with the coverage. It has some matte quality to it as well as some radiance. Not quite HG b/c it does settle into pore but what foundation doesnt. I havent found any yet but still looking. Oh and the color matches me really well. The prolong wear didnt blend well and you could see the difference in my skin color and foundation.
EDIT:While it gave me great coverage and looked natural made my skin feel tight. It went back to the store.

on 9/23/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I have this in NC30, which isn't an exact match for my skin because I received it in a gift basket as part of a door prize. I have really good skin and I don't usually wear any product on it (except a light powder bronzer), but this is very nice for under my eyes and if I have a red spot here or there. Because the color doesn't match my tanned skin, I don't use it all over, not that I need to anyways.

I do really like it though, and I find that it gives good undereye coverage that is both natural looking and non-drying. Aka it doesn't look like I have coverup caked on under my eyes. The formula doesn't cake in the creases around my eyes, and it lasts until I take it off at night with makeup remover. I find that I can make it either dewy or matte in appearance, by applying it with either a wet or dry latex sponge wedge. It also goes on nicely if I apply eye cream first, and then apply this over top. Since it's a very yellow toned foundation, it combats my purple undereye circles nicely when needed.

Overall, a nice product, and I like that it has SPF15 because I use it around my eyes. However, if I was using it allover my face, I would probably avoid a product that contains any SPF because I tan (and also the issue of the classic white face in flash photography). This product gives great coverage (I've used it many times to spot cover a zit or red spot) and it does a great job at hiding any dark circles under my eyes. You can layer it too for better coverage, or wear only a little bit for sheer coverage. I like that you can layer it, because some days when I haven't slept well and have extra dark circles, I can just add a little more product and it takes care of it for me. I like that, because I don't have to spend extra money or time on a seperate under eye concealor product, I can just use this and be done in a matter of seconds. I probably won't repurchase any time soon just because I use so little that I've had a full bottle of this for almost a year now.