MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

2.9

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 11/18/2012 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with this product and I wish I could buy up a stockpile of it and keep it, but I can't. I found that it works wonders for me and it looks great on my skin. I haven't had any of the problems that others have had with this product. Mine blended great and it holds up to my everyday. If I had one gripe, it's that I am not a big fan of the bottle, I would rather have a pump. Every now and again, I find myself getting a rash of blackheads, but that is normally after I have worn makeup for days and days straight, without giving my skin a chance to breathe. Because of that, I don't know if I can say MAC foundation is the cause or if it is not giving my skin a chance to rest. Overall, I loved this product.

on 9/4/2012 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have NC43 skin tone and combination skin. I found this foundation to be a perfect match for skin. The foundation didn't oxidize like my MAC Studio Fix foundation. The consistency was great and easy to apply with a brush. I didn't experience any streaking like other reviewers. Many people commented that it looked as if I wasn't wearing any foundation! If you apply this foundation with a heavy hand it can look cakey, but a quick spray of Studio fix or water will make it look more natural.

In Australia this cost me $50, I would prefer to try other brands for this price.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

MAC has the best range of colors, in my opinion. NC25 is a perfect match for me in this foundation. It makes my skin look smoother and plumper. I think this has one of the lightest coverage in MAC. It looks so natural, as if I have naturally smooth and clear skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So I've been using this foundation (NC25) for almost a year now and I wanted to share my impressions: I strongly dislike this foundation.
Its consistency is very liquid and it also smells kind of funny. The smell is noticable for maybe five minutes after application so it's not too annoying. Application is quite okay, just a pretty liquid foundation I guess.
What I don't like about this foundation is the following:
1. It turns orange on me after a while. Really ugly orange, oompa-loompa-esk.
2. It doesn't seem to really set. Whenever I touch my face during the day (not too sanitary I know...) my fingers leave a mark which looks just so wrong.
3. It is NOT matte. Not at all to be honest. I only had one class today and it's a cold, rainy day where I live. By the time I came home (which was about two hours after I left it) my face was so shiny, I could have been mistaken for a puddle. Not lying.
4. Despite leaving me overly oily, this foundation somehow manages to emphasize the one dry spot I have on my face. So picture an oily, shiny face with one weird dry patch, both of these features emphasized to the extreme.

Overall MAC Select SPF 15 failed for me. I def. won't repurchase.

Oh, and FYI I do take good care of my skin. I cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day and I also exfoliate once or twice a week. No other foundation has made my skin look this bad.
So I really don't know whose fault this (the oily-shiny/dry mess on my face) but this foundation is not going to be purchased again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily or combination skin.

on 7/15/2011 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this foundation 4 years ago. I liked that foundation, since at time my skin was better than now.
This Foundation is a medium coverage foundation, quite natural looking on skin. I did not buy it again just because I wanted to try different foundations.
I am Goden beige and Warm beige in Revlon Colorstay combination skin foundation.
Mac I used to be Nc 40 4 years ago, now with all mac new foundations and my skin is lighter due to using Alpha Hydroxy lotion, now I am Nc35-37.

over all a good foundation, for skin that do not need a lot of coverage, light weight,natural looking, wearable in hot weather too.

on 6/8/2011 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

When I first bought this product I absolutely loved this foundation. I bought it in Nw45 and the colour was absolutely amazing suited my skin and gave me a light to medium coverage.
I applied it all over my face. I continued to do this for a few days until I developed a rash all over my face, eyebrows and over my eyelids.
I went into store to return it which they did with no problem.
I would recommend this product as it looked really lovely till I developed a rash. I would just suggest that you try a sample first before you purchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a bottle of this just sitting in my makeup case. I can't bring myself to throw it away due to the price.
I am NC45 in this and this was the first foundation I have tried. No matter how I try to apply it, it makes me look like I am wearing a mask. It oxidizes after a few hours making me look like I am wearing orange makeup. I have drugstore brand foundation that work so much better for half the price of this.
I dunno why MAC can't improve their formula as I know I am not the first person of this color to make this complaint.

I can't say anything bad about this product. First of, this is NOT for dry skin. i have an oily skin and this product works well for me.

1. STUDIO FIX FOUNDATION is good for normal to combination skin type, it gives medium to full coverage and gives a matte finish.

2. STUDIO SCULPT SPF 15 FOUNDATION is good for dry skin type, gives a full coverage and satin finish... not too sheer nor too matte. so dont use this is you have an oily skin as this will give more moisture and will make your skin become greasey.

3. SELECT SPF 15 FOUNDATION is good for oily skin type. it gives a medium coverage and a matte finish. (this is best for my skin type)

I have been a MAC user for many years since it is the only brand which does not give me breakouts after having tried others. i have an oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin and only in this brand i stopped having breakouts and acne. myonly problem now is the oiliness. i guess it's just a matter of knowing your skin type and knowing the kind of foundation that suits your skin type so as not to have clogged pores, breakouts etc... i hope this helps those who wanna try MAC or for those who are loving MAC but seem to be confused of the effects on their skin.

btw, LANCASTER INFINITE BRONZE(comes in a tube with brush) also gives a good light finish on the skin.. for sensitive and dry skin type.it's more of a tinted moisturizer kind of liquid. but it is a great product, on my opinion.

i hope this helps. well if i find a cheaper brand which gives good results for my skin type then im good to try it out...

on 8/4/2010 11:06:00 PM

I HATE THIS PRODUCT.

At the first time I tried this product satisfied enough, then the following days of usage, I notice major breakout on my face! My skin dried up around the mouth and felt irritated.

I won't repurchase and definitely throw it out and find another good product,

on 5/2/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

honestly, this is the worst foundation that i ever had, it feels really thick on your face, even when u tried to apply into the palm of your hand. u can feel the thickness straight away. i just really hate this foundation