MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.2

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the reviews for this product, I was a little horrified. I'd managed to snag some online without realizing how damming the reviews were. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The coverage isn't that full, which I quite like because it appears quite natural too me. I found it easy to apply with a stippling brush, and it outlasted my MAC concealers I'd used previously, as well as my NATIO foundation. It didn't run, or oxidise, despite my oily skin. If you can, I'd recommend getting a tester before you buy this, as it appears to be very hit and miss!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This foundation is no good. Trust me..
This was actually my first foundation ever, and back then I thought that only highend foundations were the real deal. I was wrong. At least I was with this one. The only thing I like about it is that the colour matches me perfectly (love MAC's colourrange).
This foundation feels so so sooo heavy on the skin. One of those foundations you wanna remove the second after you've put it on. Also it tends to set into my dry patches, which looks really cakey and just not good at all! There's so many better foundations out there, even drugstore. (L'oreal True Match is good)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To be honest, I hate this foundation. My friend gave it to me because she just couldn't work with it. Giving away a mac foundation says enough already ofcourse but alright. I tried it. Our color is rather similar so I could. I've used this foundation 3 times in total. Every time I just HATED it. It just made me angry walking around with this foundation and that mac would make a foundation SO bad. Now I don't want to offend the people who love this foundation, they might have another skin type or use it differently.

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin that looked like reaaaally dry and dead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or anything. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 6/17/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin like reaaaally dry ead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or something. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 11/10/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Easy blendable, light to medium coverage but 2min after putting this one my face i felt my skin burning and saw bumps coming through fast washed it off straight away and my face was left extremely red about an 3hours later my skin was back to normal. Hate mac foundations, concealers and powders all of them break me out or i have an allergic reaction to them.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just looked at other peoples reviews on this product. And all the negative comments about this product is exactly what I am experiencing !. It hasnt got a good coverage (people without flaws may prefer this foundation), it creases, not good at all for oily skin, especially when i told the people at MAC who were swatching my skin that my skin was oily, it OXIDISES.! I thought it was something to do with the oiliness of my skin which may be the reason for this, but looking at the reviews it doesn't only happen to me, its other people aswell!, i've even used a primer and it still manages to oxidise, very quickly. Its also streaky. If you have marks from acne like me, then trust me, this isn't for you, I noticed the lady at the MAC, was putting layers on to cover it up and my hyperpigmentation marks isn't even that bad, and it looked very cakey after and orange. It also makes your pores and imperfections very noticeable. I dont think ill be buying this again, this foundation as I said is for those with perfect skin.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Pros:
Perfect colour match for me (NW15). Stopped my skin from becoming oily around my nose. Medium build-able coverage.

Cons:
Too thin of a consistency for me - I would prefer it a little thicker/creamier. After a few hours it looked patchy with dry, orange coloured areas even if I'd only applied a little. After a grand total of 4 wears I had broken out in spots. The fact that you have to buy a foundation pump separately - for the price I feel this should have been included.

I was optimistic when I first bought this foundation but unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations which were not unreasonable, I simply expected it to deliver what MAC says it will. I realise that this foundation is water-based and I think my moisturiser is oil-based, when using this product I moisturised before bed but not in the morning prior to application so I'm not sure if using a water-based moisturiser instead would help to solve my problems with this product. I might give it one more chance before letting it go to waste but I don't think I'll be changing my mind and buying this again, sadly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

First, let me say that I've had a horrible time finding a foundation to fit my needs. I've combination skin, and every foundation I've tried has either been too dark/orange or too pink, and they've all either greased up or dried in over the course of the day.
This is my first MAC foundation, and I will be sticking with it for a while. My main intent with going for MAC, was that I would get help finding a perfect match, which I did; this one, in NC25.
Although I am prone to break-outs (and my skin hasn't been totally clear in years), I wanted a foundation that yielded light to medium coverage, seeing as I often look like I'm wearing a mask if the foundation is too heavy. This suits me perfectly, being the perfect color and perfect natural finish, and it covers just enough of my redness to make it look like my face - just better. I used to set it with MAC Select Sheer powder in NC25, but recently switched to e.l.f.'s HD powder. Together it controls my shine throughout the day, and the foundation and powder wears a good twelve hours before starting to let my natural reddish-under-eye-areas show, but that can be quickly corrected with a quick swipe of foundation and powder. However, if I'm going out for the evening I prefer to redo my make-up.
For me, this is an expensive foundation in comparisons to what I've used before, but then again, it's the best foundation I've tried so far. It sells without a pump, which annoys me a bit, seeing as I had to purchase one individually (not that it was horribly expensive, but still).
For a summary, it's good for my combination skin, giving me a natural look without looking masked, and wears through my entire school day without greasing up or drying down. I can see why some skin types will have a problem with it, but if you're like me, hard to find a foundation with light to medium coverage in the right color with the right staying power for an oily T-zone, I think it'll be worth giving it a go!

on 12/26/2011 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 14 years old and I have very oily skin, if you are a teenager with oily skin, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

I am a MAC lover. I think that ALL of their products are amazing, however this foundation is shocking. I have very oily skin that is prone to pimples, not acne, but quite a few pimples. This foundation would only make me break out even more so and the foundation would wear off in 2-3 hours, sometimes even less. The product made my face feel greasy and it would crack all over my face, especially my chin and forehead. The foundation showed dry areas on my face that I didn't even know I had. Apart from this I felt as though the foundation had a slight orange tinge to it, and definitely didn't give me a natural, glowing complexion. This foundation is an extreme let down, as all of their other products are brilliant. Foundation is meant to give me confidence and better looking, natural, healthy skin, this product did the complete opposite. I regret purchasing this foundation, and have used it under 10 times. My bottle is still pretty much full and I am not one to waste cosmetics or money, but this is so bad I will no longer use it and am willing to through $49 down the drain. Please consider all foundation companies before buying this foundation, if your skin is like mine you will regret it. Thanks gals!

on 10/10/2011 11:16:00 PM

I would say it has very light coverage power, way too light for me. Color was ok, not the best match but ok. It did get clumpy at about half of the bottle. Towards the end it was impossible to use since it looked like there was two colors in there. It was easy to apply and I loved the pump but that was about it. I would not repurchase this foundation.