MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 6/7/2018 7:42:00 PM

I think this might have been THE product that killed all interest in future MAC base products. Alongside the Studio Fix compact, with its ability to dry my skin and highlight each individual skin flake x1000.
MAC isn't exactly the cheapest brand around and back then, I thought more money = better product. Oho, how wrong I was.

Got this in NW15, seemed a good match on my hand and the MAC sales lady told me it was perfect for oily skin as it set matte and covered acne well. Off I went, pleased as punch and eager to wear it to uni the next day. Looked alright on in the morning, headed out feeling satisfied and confident and went to morning lectures. 2 hours and 30 minutes later, I left the lecture theatre and went to the loo and when I looked in the mirror, I looked like I'd mistaken my foundation for Irn Bru. It oxidised so badly! Plus it had started to separate on the skin already, with orangey gunk in my pores and smile lines, and redness peeking in between.
I don't know if it's some particular property of my skin that reacted with it but oh my GOD this is not a foundation I could even bring myself to give to someone FOR FREE. Threw it away that evening.

I couldn't look my bank balance in the eye for a little while after I bought this...

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best foundation I've tried, and I've tried a lot of different high-end brands. I like it because it keeps my oily face reasonably shine-free throughout the day and I don't have to re-touch it often. It gives quite a thick coverage so hides blemishes etc. I'm on my 6th bottle now and would recommend it. I apply it with a brush.

on 4/4/2018 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I tried 3 different colours (NW13, NW15, NC15), but all colours oxidize heavily after a few hours; my skin turns orange. I have a combination skin, not very dry and not oily, no acne and freckles. The foundation looks horrible on me and you can definitely see differences with my neck, even though this was not visible in the morning. A setting spray did not prevent the oxidation. The foundation is buildable and covers fully, however after 6 hours you can see the foundation fading away. Would not recommend it. Would instead recommend Estee Lauder double wear for full coverage (and no orange skin). Costs somewhat more, but if you plan to invest in foundation, I would recommend to spend somewhat more to get the double wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've had much better drugstore foundations. This is horrible make-up. It broke me out, and accentuates every pore and flaw on skin. And the color selection tends to run yellow I noticed. My color turned orange after about an hour. Oh and the nasty smell! I just could not get past that weird smell. I always sniff liquid make-up before applying, and this has always had a rancid smell. I honestly don't know why I bought it. I used to really like the studio fix powder/foundation so I guess I thought this would be good too. What a waste of money..

on 11/26/2014 3:04:00 AM

my friend gave it to me as my 22nd birthday gift but sad to say, there is nothing good bout this foundation.

it looks quite nice after applying but oxidises after few hours, leaving me looking dull, orangey, weird and funny for the rest of the day. So EMBARRASSING! it also separates and sits on my skin thus it doesn't look natural at all. my friends even asked me why would i put on such thick makeup while in truth i only applied very thin layer. coverage is quite good but that doesn't salvage this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this foundation only bc I already bought it. It is soooooooooo oily and gets on everything my face to touches. Like seriously who wants to be talking on thier White Iphone get off and see foundation all over the screen and white part. Its horrible and I will never be purchasing this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the reviews for this product, I was a little horrified. I'd managed to snag some online without realizing how damming the reviews were. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The coverage isn't that full, which I quite like because it appears quite natural too me. I found it easy to apply with a stippling brush, and it outlasted my MAC concealers I'd used previously, as well as my NATIO foundation. It didn't run, or oxidise, despite my oily skin. If you can, I'd recommend getting a tester before you buy this, as it appears to be very hit and miss!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This foundation is no good. Trust me..
This was actually my first foundation ever, and back then I thought that only highend foundations were the real deal. I was wrong. At least I was with this one. The only thing I like about it is that the colour matches me perfectly (love MAC's colourrange).
This foundation feels so so sooo heavy on the skin. One of those foundations you wanna remove the second after you've put it on. Also it tends to set into my dry patches, which looks really cakey and just not good at all! There's so many better foundations out there, even drugstore. (L'oreal True Match is good)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To be honest, I hate this foundation. My friend gave it to me because she just couldn't work with it. Giving away a mac foundation says enough already ofcourse but alright. I tried it. Our color is rather similar so I could. I've used this foundation 3 times in total. Every time I just HATED it. It just made me angry walking around with this foundation and that mac would make a foundation SO bad. Now I don't want to offend the people who love this foundation, they might have another skin type or use it differently.

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin that looked like reaaaally dry and dead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or anything. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- doesnt cover enough
- weird formula
- has poor staying power
- annoying packaging since it doesn;t have a pump
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 8/6/2013 1:23:00 PM

This foundation always makes me look more yellow by the end of the day. I choice the shade recommended to me by 2 mac reps but the colour never seems natural to me.