MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Curly
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 1/22/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This MAC foundation does it's job, it does cover..but it's so heavy in weight, you can feel it on top of your skin the whole time it's on, it looks very UN-natural, it melts off your skin after some hours and god forbid you hug someone with the wrong cheek cause it rubs off like wet paint.

on 9/19/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My face loves this foundation, it gives the right amount of coverage without that heavy feeling of knowing a foundation is on. I put this on with primer underneath and a set it with MSFN it looks perfect! It looks natural and true to my color, I don't look pink, orange or any other color I'm not naturally. I swear it does something to my Gingerly blush that makes it look just right. the only issue I had with this was the other day after not wearing it for a few weeks due to a combination of trying another fdtn and haven't been wearing much makeup lately, my face was oilier than usual. I realized it I had an oil based moisturizer underneath that wasn't doing good for my skin to begin with. I tried it again without the moisturizer and it was back to it great benefits. I just wish it was more in a pump. I hate that MAC discontinued it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

First, let me say that I've had a horrible time finding a foundation to fit my needs. I've combination skin, and every foundation I've tried has either been too dark/orange or too pink, and they've all either greased up or dried in over the course of the day.
This is my first MAC foundation, and I will be sticking with it for a while. My main intent with going for MAC, was that I would get help finding a perfect match, which I did; this one, in NC25.
Although I am prone to break-outs (and my skin hasn't been totally clear in years), I wanted a foundation that yielded light to medium coverage, seeing as I often look like I'm wearing a mask if the foundation is too heavy. This suits me perfectly, being the perfect color and perfect natural finish, and it covers just enough of my redness to make it look like my face - just better. I used to set it with MAC Select Sheer powder in NC25, but recently switched to e.l.f.'s HD powder. Together it controls my shine throughout the day, and the foundation and powder wears a good twelve hours before starting to let my natural reddish-under-eye-areas show, but that can be quickly corrected with a quick swipe of foundation and powder. However, if I'm going out for the evening I prefer to redo my make-up.
For me, this is an expensive foundation in comparisons to what I've used before, but then again, it's the best foundation I've tried so far. It sells without a pump, which annoys me a bit, seeing as I had to purchase one individually (not that it was horribly expensive, but still).
For a summary, it's good for my combination skin, giving me a natural look without looking masked, and wears through my entire school day without greasing up or drying down. I can see why some skin types will have a problem with it, but if you're like me, hard to find a foundation with light to medium coverage in the right color with the right staying power for an oily T-zone, I think it'll be worth giving it a go!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This was not enough coverage for me and it felt identical to Revlon C/S. Why spend 25+ dollars on foundation when you can get the same thing for only 10 bucks? As I've said in my other foundation reviews, I am in LOVE with MAC Matchmaster foundation--for that I will fork up money, but not for this. I can see this working well on someone with less to hide, but again, if you don't have that much to hide, go for something cheaper!! You can get away with it. :)

on 2/9/2012 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been on a mission to try out all the MAC foundations to see which is my favorite.
This one I won't be purchasing again. On my combination skin, it really dried me out and made wrinkles appear that I never noticed before. Plus my nose was still shiny. So it was a double dissatisfaction for me.
The coverage is medium. I wear NC25 and that was true with this product as well.
My fave MAC foundation so far is Studio Sculpt.
My search continues.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have acne prone skin that gets oily through the day when I wear foundation.

This product has very little coverage and it's not buildable. It feels a bit greasy when it is applied. I used studio fix powder after applying the foundation to set it.

Typically it takes 5-6 hours before my face starts to feel oily. After 45 minutes of using this, my face felt like an oil slick!

I took it back and exchanged it for studio fix foundation, which works much better for me.

on 8/5/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have been using this in NC25 for 3 years now as a daytime sheer to medium coverage foundation. I recently re-discovered my Prescriptives Custom Blend sample pot and compared the two. OMG! What a huge mistake I have been making. While the Custom Blend was a very slightly too ash for my face (for reference I am a pale redhead with neutral to yellow undertones, def not pink), the coverage was just beautiful compared next to the MAC select sheer. Prescriptives was moisturising, glowing, natural. The select sheer came up too yellow, streaky and sooo patchy (even after I moisturised very well and used a foundation brush). It highlighted my pores and any little dry/flaky bits terribly. Luckily I have been at home raising kids for the last 3 years and have not worn this out to any important events. I have no idea what I was thinking?? For good occasions/night time, I have been wearing MAC studio fix in NW20 - ahem - watch out Studio fix - you are next in line for a lashing! In any case, I won't be buying this again and am now on the hunt for a new sheer/medium foundation.

on 6/8/2011 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this foundation for about 2 months, trying really hard to like it and to make it work but it's just not happening :(. It's a nightmare to blend and clings to dryness a lot so it ends up looking patchy. It matches my skintone perfectly though, so it's really too bad.

on 4/29/2011 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have trouble finding any redeeming quality in this foundation. I told the MA I was wanted light coverage and something moisturizing and this is what she produced.
PROS
- If you purchase the pump, the packaging is very nice
CONS
- Despite being matched to NW15 this product is way to yellow for my skin tone and oxidizes to a horrible shade of orange during the day
- It seemed to sit on my skin rather than set and blend in, which in turn highlighted pores and any dry patches
- It faded within a couple hours to an inconsistent patchy mess
- It has a horrible plastic smell that lingers for hours
- It doesn't come with a pump, and IMHO you shouldn't need to pay for additional packaging in mid to high end products
Overall, this is hands down the worst foundation I've ever used. I kept trying to like it by testing it out with different primers or setting powders and using a different application technique but despite my efforts it always looked and felt nasty on my skin. If I could give it zero lippies, I would.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got matched at my MAC counter to NC44. The MA applied it and it looked amazing so I bought it. I'm glad she helped me because I would have never chosen a shade like that for myself because it looks too orange in the bottle. It is a perfect match. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless. I use Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark over it, then the one in Dark as a bronzer. Since I have bought these products, my skin has looked amazing. I have been receiving compliments. My acne has also slowed down. I could not be happier unless my skin were to magically clear up COMPLETELY! My only complaint is that it would be easier to use if it had a pump.