MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.0

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 6/7/2018 7:42:00 PM

I think this might have been THE product that killed all interest in future MAC base products. Alongside the Studio Fix compact, with its ability to dry my skin and highlight each individual skin flake x1000.
MAC isn't exactly the cheapest brand around and back then, I thought more money = better product. Oho, how wrong I was.

Got this in NW15, seemed a good match on my hand and the MAC sales lady told me it was perfect for oily skin as it set matte and covered acne well. Off I went, pleased as punch and eager to wear it to uni the next day. Looked alright on in the morning, headed out feeling satisfied and confident and went to morning lectures. 2 hours and 30 minutes later, I left the lecture theatre and went to the loo and when I looked in the mirror, I looked like I'd mistaken my foundation for Irn Bru. It oxidised so badly! Plus it had started to separate on the skin already, with orangey gunk in my pores and smile lines, and redness peeking in between.
I don't know if it's some particular property of my skin that reacted with it but oh my GOD this is not a foundation I could even bring myself to give to someone FOR FREE. Threw it away that evening.

I couldn't look my bank balance in the eye for a little while after I bought this...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the reviews for this product, I was a little horrified. I'd managed to snag some online without realizing how damming the reviews were. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The coverage isn't that full, which I quite like because it appears quite natural too me. I found it easy to apply with a stippling brush, and it outlasted my MAC concealers I'd used previously, as well as my NATIO foundation. It didn't run, or oxidise, despite my oily skin. If you can, I'd recommend getting a tester before you buy this, as it appears to be very hit and miss!

on 11/18/2012 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with this product and I wish I could buy up a stockpile of it and keep it, but I can't. I found that it works wonders for me and it looks great on my skin. I haven't had any of the problems that others have had with this product. Mine blended great and it holds up to my everyday. If I had one gripe, it's that I am not a big fan of the bottle, I would rather have a pump. Every now and again, I find myself getting a rash of blackheads, but that is normally after I have worn makeup for days and days straight, without giving my skin a chance to breathe. Because of that, I don't know if I can say MAC foundation is the cause or if it is not giving my skin a chance to rest. Overall, I loved this product.

on 10/17/2012 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been working for MAC for 4 years between freelancing and a on counter artist, and in 4 years I've NEVER shown this foundation to anyone....that pretty much shows you what I think of it. No coverage, oily feel, doesn't wear well. Not shocked they discontiuned this. On the other hand they DID dc Mineralize Satinfinish a great foundation for someone looking for lightweight coverage, only leaving us with F&B which I don't love. Every once in a blue moon a customer would come up and want to replace this and I would show them something else to fit their needs and they would indeed be much happier with my new suggestion than Select SPF. I do love Select Cover up concealer though, so even if you hate this foundation, do let it scare you away from trying the concealer. Great medium coverage while adding radiance to the under eye area...non drying...good stuff. Maybe if the foundation worked as well as the concealer it would still be around.

on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I feel mixed about this foundation. The pros are it's good for my oily skin, it seems to stay on throughout the day with the help of powder, good coverage and it has SPF. The cons if you use a lot it looks cakey (I use very small amount), hard to blend, colours very orange and it sits in pores so you have to 'work' it back into the skin during the day. Overall I won't be purchasing again but I am finishing the bottle I have as it isn't terrible.

This is honestly the worst foundation I've ever owned. It streaks no matter what I use to put it on (fingers, palms, wet beauty blender, dry beauty blender, brushes), and emphasizes everything bad on my face. It's horrible. I wish I could rate this a zero.

on 4/11/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have it in NC 35. This product makes me look green and I really do not know why. It also sits in my pores and makes them very noticeable despite my attempts at buffing it in.

Thanks to a terrible return policy I can't even return it so I'm stick with this trying to make it work somehow. It seems to do better when I mix it with other foundations but on its own it's just terrible.

on 1/26/2012 7:38:00 PM

Wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I've had it for about a year now. At first I liked it okay, but the more I used it the more I realized that it was oxidizing to orange on my face as the day went on (I'm really pale and use NW15, which is okay when it's first applied but far too dark/orange after an hour or so). Not only that, it's staying power is crap.
Picture this if you will: dry forehead, dry patches on cheeks, oily chin/nose area. I guess you'd call it combination skin. A good foundation would balance this and even it out. Not this one, no sirree. It clung to dry patches and clumped up around them until I looked like a leper (this was with moisturizer applied too) and my nose/chin/parts of my cheeks were so shiny it was crazy. The product melts off of oily areas and highlights pores whilst also pointing out dry bits. To add insult to injury, it also turns you an alarming shade of orangey yellow. It's like a nightmare foundation.
I've tried applying it with a damp Beautyblender sponge, a 187 duo fibre brush, and with my fingers, and none of them makes it look any better. I hate to let the rest of this product go to waste, so I may just have to use it on days when I don't plan on leaving the house for long.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation works so good for me, it gives me a natural finish and a glowing complexion which I love.
Iīve tried Studio Fix Fluid and Face and Body and i stated that Select stands somewhere between these two fellas when it comes to coverage.
In my opinion, Studio Fix Fluid is perfect if you are looking for a flawless complexion and full coverage. Select fits better if you are looking for a medium coverage but a nice natural glowing finish and F&B is a very light (coverage) and shinning finish foundation, you donīt want to wear it if you have oily skin or is looking for some coverage.

on 5/26/2011 12:27:00 AM

I was seeking a medium-coverage, matte finish liquid foundation that's good for oily skin, and was directed to this product by a MAC artist. She couldn't decide if I was an NC or NW tone (story of my life!), but she settled on NW25. The colour match seemed to be good enough, so I went with it.

Overall, I'm unimpressed with this foundation. I find that the coverage never lasts, even with a primer, and that it slips around on my skin throughout the day. I'm left with patches or either oily or dry skin. It's almost too watery for me, if that makes any sense? (It is a water-based foundation, but this is too much!) On the plus, the finish is definitely matte and stayed that way in the spots where my makeup didn't move. It also didn't oxidize on me, which is a problem I often have with liquid foundations. To my knowledge, it hasn't caused any breakouts (I've had a few, but feel pretty confident that this was the evil-doing of a different product).

To be sure, one day I decided to do half of my face in MAC Select and the other half in MAC Studio Fix. I literally split my face down my forehead, nose and chin into two halves, followed my normal routine on both halves (moisturizer, primer, concealer, etc...), but used the two different foundation products. By the day's end, the Studio Fix had steamrolled the Select competition. Two friends and my hubby also weighed in with their opinions (who doesn't love a science experiment, after all?!) and they unanimously preferred the Studio Fix side. It certainly looked more natural and even, whereas the Select was wearing thin and patchy.

Not a repurchase for me!