MAC Cosmetics Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

2.9

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This foundation is no good. Trust me..
This was actually my first foundation ever, and back then I thought that only highend foundations were the real deal. I was wrong. At least I was with this one. The only thing I like about it is that the colour matches me perfectly (love MAC's colourrange).
This foundation feels so so sooo heavy on the skin. One of those foundations you wanna remove the second after you've put it on. Also it tends to set into my dry patches, which looks really cakey and just not good at all! There's so many better foundations out there, even drugstore. (L'oreal True Match is good)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To be honest, I hate this foundation. My friend gave it to me because she just couldn't work with it. Giving away a mac foundation says enough already ofcourse but alright. I tried it. Our color is rather similar so I could. I've used this foundation 3 times in total. Every time I just HATED it. It just made me angry walking around with this foundation and that mac would make a foundation SO bad. Now I don't want to offend the people who love this foundation, they might have another skin type or use it differently.

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin that looked like reaaaally dry and dead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or anything. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 6/17/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin like reaaaally dry ead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or something. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- doesnt cover enough
- weird formula
- has poor staying power
- annoying packaging since it doesn;t have a pump
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 2/5/2013 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is not for those with acne scars. It barely covers anything. the coverage is more like a tinted moisturizer. I would recommend for those with clear skin.

on 11/10/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Easy blendable, light to medium coverage but 2min after putting this one my face i felt my skin burning and saw bumps coming through fast washed it off straight away and my face was left extremely red about an 3hours later my skin was back to normal. Hate mac foundations, concealers and powders all of them break me out or i have an allergic reaction to them.

I'm not surprised to hear that they are discontinuing this product.

I used this for about a year while I was in college, but it was awful for my sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. It looked heavy, emphasized my acne and pock marks, and made me break out all the time. (I was too busy with my studies and with work to bother finding another foundation at the time.)

The sales associate (I call MAC Artists sales associates because many are not real make up artists) Asked me if I needed help I said not really but if he wanted to he could help me find a foundation. He agreed and showed me MAC select SPF and told me I was an NC40 and swatched it on my face then he gasped and said that was way too dark I couldn't tell because the lighting was pretty bad so I let him do whatever he wanted to do then he showed me an NC30 and he said that was perfect I looked at the mirror and I said ok I guess and he showed me a couple of things and purchased a few things including the foundation and sent me on my way. I get home and I'm excited to go out and try the foundation out at home and my lighting in my bathroom is awesome I was like oh I'm gonna look so good and I started applying it and I noticed it was oxidizing in less than a minute and before I knew it I had orange streaks everywhere I wanted to literally cry because I looked like Snooki it was disgusting I also noticed that my dry patches were really noticeable even though I exfoliated and moisturized earlier. I wanted to return it but I decided not to because that sales associate was nice and I didn't wanna complain to anybody so I just kept it. And I'm not really an NC30 I'm between NC20-25 but I will never repurchase this ever again I knew I wasn't the only one who experienced this and I heard it was discontinued so nobody will have to go through what I went through.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation for years and unfortunately this is now discontinued per the MAC rep that I spoke with by phone. She recommended the Face and Body in it's place, so I may have to give that a try. :-(

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Pros:
Perfect colour match for me (NW15). Stopped my skin from becoming oily around my nose. Medium build-able coverage.

Cons:
Too thin of a consistency for me - I would prefer it a little thicker/creamier. After a few hours it looked patchy with dry, orange coloured areas even if I'd only applied a little. After a grand total of 4 wears I had broken out in spots. The fact that you have to buy a foundation pump separately - for the price I feel this should have been included.

I was optimistic when I first bought this foundation but unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations which were not unreasonable, I simply expected it to deliver what MAC says it will. I realise that this foundation is water-based and I think my moisturiser is oil-based, when using this product I moisturised before bed but not in the morning prior to application so I'm not sure if using a water-based moisturiser instead would help to solve my problems with this product. I might give it one more chance before letting it go to waste but I don't think I'll be changing my mind and buying this again, sadly.

on 10/14/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was matched by the SA for NW25, and one of the reasons I give this product a poor review is the colour. In the shop she applied it to my jaw line but when i got home and did my whole face the colour was orange! As for the finish its o.k., My face does get oily later in the day, requiring a powder touch up, where as my estee lauder double wear doesn't. The coverage is also quite light and i prefered medium to full. Leason of the day, get them to apply to full face and wear product for a day before you rush in and buy.