MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.0

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've had much better drugstore foundations. This is horrible make-up. It broke me out, and accentuates every pore and flaw on skin. And the color selection tends to run yellow I noticed. My color turned orange after about an hour. Oh and the nasty smell! I just could not get past that weird smell. I always sniff liquid make-up before applying, and this has always had a rancid smell. I honestly don't know why I bought it. I used to really like the studio fix powder/foundation so I guess I thought this would be good too. What a waste of money..

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this foundation only bc I already bought it. It is soooooooooo oily and gets on everything my face to touches. Like seriously who wants to be talking on thier White Iphone get off and see foundation all over the screen and white part. Its horrible and I will never be purchasing this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This foundation is no good. Trust me..
This was actually my first foundation ever, and back then I thought that only highend foundations were the real deal. I was wrong. At least I was with this one. The only thing I like about it is that the colour matches me perfectly (love MAC's colourrange).
This foundation feels so so sooo heavy on the skin. One of those foundations you wanna remove the second after you've put it on. Also it tends to set into my dry patches, which looks really cakey and just not good at all! There's so many better foundations out there, even drugstore. (L'oreal True Match is good)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To be honest, I hate this foundation. My friend gave it to me because she just couldn't work with it. Giving away a mac foundation says enough already ofcourse but alright. I tried it. Our color is rather similar so I could. I've used this foundation 3 times in total. Every time I just HATED it. It just made me angry walking around with this foundation and that mac would make a foundation SO bad. Now I don't want to offend the people who love this foundation, they might have another skin type or use it differently.

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin that looked like reaaaally dry and dead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or anything. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 6/17/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin like reaaaally dry ead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or something. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- doesnt cover enough
- weird formula
- has poor staying power
- annoying packaging since it doesn;t have a pump
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 11/18/2012 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with this product and I wish I could buy up a stockpile of it and keep it, but I can't. I found that it works wonders for me and it looks great on my skin. I haven't had any of the problems that others have had with this product. Mine blended great and it holds up to my everyday. If I had one gripe, it's that I am not a big fan of the bottle, I would rather have a pump. Every now and again, I find myself getting a rash of blackheads, but that is normally after I have worn makeup for days and days straight, without giving my skin a chance to breathe. Because of that, I don't know if I can say MAC foundation is the cause or if it is not giving my skin a chance to rest. Overall, I loved this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I accidentally purchased this instead of the studio fix (NC20). When I first open it, I notice it was much lighter then the studio fix. Used it anyways. The only difference I found b/w the two, beside the colour difference, was that it made my skin oilier and it was slightly harder to blend.

It's still sitting on my shelf...

I'm not surprised to hear that they are discontinuing this product.

I used this for about a year while I was in college, but it was awful for my sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. It looked heavy, emphasized my acne and pock marks, and made me break out all the time. (I was too busy with my studies and with work to bother finding another foundation at the time.)

on 9/19/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My face loves this foundation, it gives the right amount of coverage without that heavy feeling of knowing a foundation is on. I put this on with primer underneath and a set it with MSFN it looks perfect! It looks natural and true to my color, I don't look pink, orange or any other color I'm not naturally. I swear it does something to my Gingerly blush that makes it look just right. the only issue I had with this was the other day after not wearing it for a few weeks due to a combination of trying another fdtn and haven't been wearing much makeup lately, my face was oilier than usual. I realized it I had an oil based moisturizer underneath that wasn't doing good for my skin to begin with. I tried it again without the moisturizer and it was back to it great benefits. I just wish it was more in a pump. I hate that MAC discontinued it.

The sales associate (I call MAC Artists sales associates because many are not real make up artists) Asked me if I needed help I said not really but if he wanted to he could help me find a foundation. He agreed and showed me MAC select SPF and told me I was an NC40 and swatched it on my face then he gasped and said that was way too dark I couldn't tell because the lighting was pretty bad so I let him do whatever he wanted to do then he showed me an NC30 and he said that was perfect I looked at the mirror and I said ok I guess and he showed me a couple of things and purchased a few things including the foundation and sent me on my way. I get home and I'm excited to go out and try the foundation out at home and my lighting in my bathroom is awesome I was like oh I'm gonna look so good and I started applying it and I noticed it was oxidizing in less than a minute and before I knew it I had orange streaks everywhere I wanted to literally cry because I looked like Snooki it was disgusting I also noticed that my dry patches were really noticeable even though I exfoliated and moisturized earlier. I wanted to return it but I decided not to because that sales associate was nice and I didn't wanna complain to anybody so I just kept it. And I'm not really an NC30 I'm between NC20-25 but I will never repurchase this ever again I knew I wasn't the only one who experienced this and I heard it was discontinued so nobody will have to go through what I went through.